Game-Labs Forum

Severe Lag in OW since todays patches

Tom Farseer

This might be a classical "never play on patch day" issue, but since the Test-Bed went live I have severe desynchronisation problems when sailing in Open World. Framerate is stable around 45 fps, server ping on testbed is around 20-22ms (in server open world). My internet connection itself is stable and performant enough to handle anything a game throws at it.

Port UI works fine performance wise. As soon as I enter OW the game begins to rubberband all over the place. Every 5-10 seconds I get complete freezes that last about 1 second, with the expected rubberband effect afterwards.

F11 was sent:
NAB-82434

May just be server load because of the new stuff or might be a bug of some kind.

Edited by Tom Farseer

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

This might be a classical "never play on patch day" issue, but since the Test-Bed went live I have severe desynchronisation problems when sailing in Open World. Framerate is stable around 45 fps, server ping on testbed is around 20-22ms (in server open world). My internet connection itself is stable and performant enough to handle anything a game throws at it.

Port UI works fine performance wise. As soon as I enter OW the game begins to rubberband all over the place. Every 5-10 seconds I get complete freezes that last about 1 second, with the expected rubberband effect afterwards.

F11 was sent:
NAB-82434

May just be server load because of the new stuff or might be a bug of some kind.

Could you please also send a connection test report, close the game and select the third option in NA Steam Launcher

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

I had the same issue on the live server (Caribbean) just before I installed the beta files. I can make another connection test for the Caribbean server if you'd like.

Captain, it seems you are experiencing temporary connection issues that are not related to server perfomance

Might be an overheated router on my end...
My Flatmate must have left in a hurry this morning and left a stack of paper envelopes lying on it. Nearly burned my damned finger on the thing -.-
Thanks for the quick response.

Guilty Party found: Psi (XMPP Client)

Edited by Tom Farseer