Game-Labs Forum

History of the captain

in Eve there is a history tab where you can see what the captain has done in the past

perhaps it would also be nice to have a historical record of our own in NA 

like :

name change 

nation change

clan change

if would help al lot to determine if the captain is a trustable officer for the clan in the future

for the clan to have war history with members and killboard( in clan only  visible tab)

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

So if someone seems to be a good person, helps out the clan, does everything expected of them, etc. BUT has changed nation 5 times, you wouldn't trust them as an officer? 

only Capn Rocko :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thonys said:

in Eve there is a history tab where you can see what the captain has done in the past

perhaps it would also be nice to have a historical record of our own in NA 

like :

name change 

nation change

clan change

if would help al lot to determine if the captain is a trustable officer for the clan in the future

for the clan to have war history with members and killboard( in clan only  visible tab)

Eve has a tab showing what "clans" the player has been in the past. and Eve also shows what the player has killed or lost. that is the extent of what it does. It shows nothing of whether they are trustworthy or not, or who they are as a person.

Some people more to different nations frequently, others move to different clans, and even still some decide to never switch nation or clan. This has no basis for if they are good or bad people.

a Big difference though is the name change part....

1 hour ago, Capn Rocko said:

So if someone seems to be a good person, helps out the clan, does everything expected of them, etc. BUT has changed nation 5 times, you wouldn't trust them as an officer? 

agreed, it seems like a way to scapegoat someone and I don't like it. you've got idiots who believe never switching from the nation they started as, as "patriotism" and somehow that makes them better than everyone else, when in reality it means nothing except that they decided not to move around.

You should make someone an officer if you trust them with your own instincts, not because some History ledger told you that are trustworthy. In that respect everyone isn't trustworthy because everyone has a chance to betray someone somewhere. 🙄

• Like 2

idk I guess it can be nice to know previous names a player has used. But to be fair, if someone switched names in real life you wouldn't magically know their previous names. Some players want a fresh start and not have a permanent record. More times than not, people find out a player's previous name anyways. 

• Like 2

I would love to have a "Captains Logbook" for each ship, where the logbook follows the ship and "drops" for someone to pick up. Maybe to not fill up the logbook with all kind stuff you could chose at the end of a battle if you want to make a note in the logbook

No point in having the DLC if everyone knows your past.

You can't start over if you make a mistake or fall out with a major clan or elite players.

History of kills, nation and name for players eyes only.

Best way to follow and avoid a spy or thief is date of birth anyway.

Like one of the guys that stole all of KOTO'S stuff. 7/5/2016.

Avoid this DOB unless you can get verification of who they are.

Keep your own list of dodgy DOBS.

If someone changes clan, name or nation that's their business.

Edited by Crow
Spellfu%$er

I have no idea what type of Master Forger you guys contacting but mine does his job perfectly, exactly what I ask for.

No past names, no past allegiances, all ships registers properly done, ... i must say, well worth the coin spent.

• Like 3

Nope. Master Forger does not meddle with mere letters of mart or marque.

He also issues perfect and most legal "death" certificates.

For example, the Red Duke has been found guilty in trial for acts of pyracy and hanged at the entrance of Kingston for the other "savage" corsairs to take notice. The Master Forger worked so convincingly that his 13 port-wives and the known offspring were well informed of his depart from this world.

The change was complete and without a flaw. The ships were registered under a new flag, a new owner, new harbor masters. Titles of nobility were arranged and etc etc etc...The old character ceased to exist... ;) ... a new one was born. In truth, the red duke never got hanged ( escaped by roping two hogs and making a chariot out of a cabbage wagon... but that's another story al'together... ) :P 

• Like 1

I can see both sides of this, but I like the OP suggestion.  Looks to me like the forger just offers an easier means to move your character into a new role, but it's not seemingly intended to hide yourself from the community.  I would agree if you want to do that you should disappear and have to recreate your character from scratch, regardless of whether you are able to keep your resources or not.  Just don't offer a game mechanic sanctioning (or promoting) poor playstyles by making it easier to hide.

Again, I agree and can see both sides here. Out of Game linked PC History I’ve wanted for some time. However, once the master forger is activated then it (history) should be wiped completely especially a paid DLC product.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/554819715-NorfolknChance_UK/!/pvp/overview/

Idea of Reference tags...

What about this system instead. Each PC can have three other PC references. These appear on the info tag of that PC. It would work exactly the same as friends lists.

Example...

@Norfolk nChance asks say @Wraith for a reference. @Wraith would find Norfolk in the Find list right click and click referenced. Wraith & Norfolk are in different Nations never mind clans. If Wraith changes his mind again he can retract the reference the same way. If Wraith knows Norfolk changed name he could give the NEW PC Name the reference. This giving value to the new PCs Name without revealing the old name...

Anyone wanting a background check before clan invites etc can see 3x different PCs to contact...

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

Edited by Norfolk nChance

There were all kinds of 'pond life' inhabiting the Military during this era, emptying the prisons to make up numbers was normal, like the Black and Tans of WWI, or the Dirlwanger Brigade of WWII. Criminals in the 18th/19th centuries were often given the choice of, or were sentenced to, taking the King's Shilling or deportation in Court, some even volunteered to avoid prosecution for their crimes, once in military service they were untouchable. Little wonder then, that, Wellington considered his troops to be the scum of the Earth. It is not so long ago that the French Foreign Legion accepted recruits and asked no questions, today of course, they are more select in their recruits, as befits an elite Regiment.

Some Clans in game ask for minimal requirements for members, most do not, and there are tells that give away players who have changed their names or wiped their careers to start over, after all, anyone, who joins a clans at a very low rank and immediately wipes the floor with the enemy is either very talented or has done this before.  There has to be a degree of trust in clans, even in organisations where vetting is extensive the odd traitor gets in, even intelligence organisations like MI5, the CIA, the KGB, even Mossad have had rogue members, if they can't  keep them out, then, we certainly cannot, unfortunately 'bad boys' go with the territory.

• Like 1

If a brand-new player came with someone you knew on the info sheet then you’ve got that players assurance and reputations backing. Like in RL recommending some one could back fire if he turns out to be a dick.

Its also simple to add this function...

The downside is if I recommend one of my new ALTs to do mischief to a clan. However, this is strategy is short lived as your main reputation sinks...

Norfolk nGRU

DLC gives players the oppertunity to misbehave and get a clean slate. Not all do that but some seems to be doing it as recent post shows.

But whatabout all the other players, is it not fair to them to allow a player to get away with that behaviour. As stated is the date of char creation the only thing that we can use to track a account with undesired track record.

4 hours ago, Niagara said:

DLC gives players the oppertunity to misbehave and get a clean slate

DLC also gives the opportunity for players to move away from constant "e-teen toxicity" and be totally anonymous, clean slate, so they don't get pestered again.

20 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I have no idea what type of Master Forger you guys contacting but mine does his job perfectly, exactly what I ask for.

No past names, no past allegiances, all ships registers properly done, ... i must say, well worth the coin spent.

you perhaps not, don't be so negative for developing this game

what master forger predicts your speed? 

i see a lot who likes the idea, perhaps you don't need it, but many likes the feature. 

many coins need to be spent in the future and it's about a history record for players .

I don't want my name to be recorded. Master Forger assures that :)

Also I am not negative about game development, but i can't possibly agree with everything suggested and ESPECIALLY this one.

We discuss why some agree, why some do not agree. I expect a good discussion. Apparently you just want a tap in the shoulder.

11 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I don't want my name to be recorded. Master Forger assures that :)

Also I am not negative about game development, but i can't possibly agree with everything suggested and ESPECIALLY this one.

We discuss why some agree, why some do not agree. I expect a good discussion. Apparently you just want a tap in the shoulder.

apparently, you can tab me on the shoulder any time 

but i am watching you to,  (moderator influence )

therefore, i do not agree with you, perhaps not every part of the topic is  that good , but there are some points who are great 

but you shut down on " the whole topic" in a sip