Game-Labs Forum

A tiny guide on AFK fishing

jodgi

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 8:39 PM, jodgi said:

AFK fishing

With the stuff you get from bottles you can trade to get rich, make the best mods, trade for PvP marks or, as was my focus in the beginning, trade for the rarest PvE books. It worked for me; I afk fished for months, traded with people and ended up with all the books.

This may be the easiest way to do it:

@jodgi I suggest not to destroy the provisions (patch 25 replace fish meat to provisions). :D

Provisions is used in craft of ships.

For the production of the 5 rate, the provisions occupy about 30% of the amount of all materials.

In some cases it is more than 25% of the cost of the ship.

5 hours ago, qw569 said:

@jodgi I suggest not to destroy the provisions (patch 25 replace fish meat to provisions). :D

Provisions is used in craft of ships.

For the production of the 5 rate, the provisions occupy about 30% of the amount of all materials.

In some cases it is more than 25% of the cost of the ship.

Lol, ye 

I might put out an indiaman and let it fill up with provisions every now and then. One load of indiaprovisions lasts me quite some time so the normal routine continues 

It's so boring to pick up loot the bottles are piling up. Long live the frikkin sandbox and PvE!

Content!

• 3 weeks later...

So apart from purchasing 5-10 copies of the game, or using a bot/autoclicker/whatever to afk fish while you sleep, fishing is just pointless for the new player that needs some cash?

Not tryingto troll/harass, just saying that this part of the game could use some attention? Make it more profitable (but you have to interact somehow with it), or maybe whaling like somebody said, where you have to custom rig ships to do just that?

Thanks for the honesty about this methodology. It does point out even further the gap between the haves and the have-nots in this game. Some people have the time to invest, the resources and desire to have alts, the ability to multi-box and/or the acumen to run scripts. Some people are better than others at strategy and tactics. Many have risen to be truly elite players. They have earned it!

Then there are most of us: casuals. Recreational. 2 hours a night IF WE ARE LUCKY. Family aggro always lurking to pull us away. We may never master the skillset needed to play this game well, but we still enjoy it.

I wish we could have the duel room back. I thought the best thing about Legends was that you could fight people without permaloss of ships you have invested in, and where mods did not widen the gap caused by skill level. I wish Legends could be folded into NA, and serve as the Duel Room. 

The original poster has disclosed a way he has acquired every mod and book that exists. Is his method cheating? No. Is it a method beyond my capability? Yes. 

• Like 1

Using Sandboxie, for one, owning more than one computer, for another (to multibox). Not a big deal, I appreciate the offer. And TBH I am a bit of a purist. I want to play the game the way it is designed and sold, and am ethically opposed to alts. That's just me. 

Interestiong sidenote: many NA players are currently also playing a new Civil War shooter. The attraction? No character is ever better than another, except in the decisions he/she makes. No mods, no alts, no multi-characters. Refreshing, actually....

• Like 1