Game-Labs Forum

~Updated recruitment propaganda.~

Captain! Arms of Chaos is a group of free men who refuse to bare the crushing obligations of authority, law, and obedience. 

We are not bound by the words of kings, men who would send a navy to fight in their place. Authority, respect, and loyalty are things to be earned, not blindly bestowed by rank, wealth, or social status. A man may only rule another man if the latter permits him. This mindset has been the cornerstone of AoC membership since the group was first founded.

As free men living on the outskirts of modern society, we still believe in each mans authority over his own person! No one ruler or board of men should have equal or greater power over a man or group of then than they. The AoC Court consists of eight seated captains who act as spokesmen for the AoC. If nations or fleets wish to engage the entire AoC in 'civil' negotiations they may do so through the Court. Seated captains have no more power over the AoC than a common member, and common members reserve the right to treat seated captains as they would any other equal. Seats do come with a few perks however...

Each seat has a unique banner which serves as the seated captain's personal pennant in-game. (When custom pennants are added).

and

Each seat comes with certain bragging rights.

Any common member may challenge a seated captain for his place in the Court. Once the seated captain has been made aware of the challenge he reserves the right to choose the class of ship the duel is to be fought in. If the defending captain loses the duel he gives up his seat and pennant to the challenger. The first eight Captains to join AoC will automatically be granted a seat in the Court. Challenging seated captains may begin immediately upon entry into AoC. 

The Black Mongoose is a forum dedicated to the under-class of Naval Action. Pirates, beggars, thieves, and black hearted privateers welcome. No Gurlz Navy Allowed!

Come be a part of the oldest independent fleet in the New World and live a short, free life!

Website

BM

• 1 month later...

Ahoy there! :)

Absolutely love the idea behind this, don't know much about the game yet and unfortunately missed the period when one could purchase an account in the testing phase. Alas, I'll definitely sign my name to this and would love to join you people when the first chance arises! 

I'm assuming anyone interested just registers an interest by posting here ? :D

If so!

- Signed

Best Regards

FORBES

Edited by FORBES

Ahoy there! :)

Absolutely love the idea behind this, don't know much about the game yet and unfortunately missed the period when one could purchase an account in the testing phase. Alas, I'll definitely sign my name to this and would love to join you people when the first chance arises! 

I'm assuming anyone interested just registers an interest by posting here ? :D

If so!

- Signed

Best Regards

Icki

Hiyup mate, I'll pass along your name ASAP. We'll have you aboard in no time.  While you wait, visit the Black Mongoose and feel free to get stuck in!

Hiyup mate, I'll pass along your name ASAP. We'll have you aboard in no time.  While you wait, visit the Black Mongoose and feel free to get stuck in!

Thanks Fancy Tom!

Will head over to the Black Mongoose now ;)

Regards,

FORBES

Edited by FORBES

Are you guys collectively playing anything else besides NA?

Not that I know of, from what I've seen we only have met up through NA. Maybe the 1st of the court and 2nd have met before NA, One of them will have to enlighten us :lol:. Tom is currently on a well earned break before all hell breaks loose :P.

Edited by FORBES

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This isn't a bump simply to move our recruitment propaganda to the top of the thread... no, it's more like a note to myself.

Shopping:

~Eggs

~Milk

~Butter

~Grapeshot

~Baking Powder

~Rum**

PS. Don't forget to empty out the bilge tomorrow. Lieutenant Grasshopper filled it with bubble bath again and now the whole ship smells like fragrance of summer.

~ Remember to post notices in all the 'respected' establishments concerning the dangers of not eating enough vegetables, forgetting to wash hands after using the lavatory, and taxing Americans.

~ Pirates Anonymous meeting 7:00PM sharp at the Black Mongoose. Bring Nero's parrot as sponsor.

• Like 2

Big changes made to the Black Mongoose Tavern and Forum! 

The Black Mongoose isn't for AoC Members only, but sailors of all kinds -- there are several boards for public forum members: http://theblackmongoose.freeforums.net/,

Including a non-moderated board. Ever had a quarrel with another sailor or group in Naval Action, and found that the language acceptable in a public board just couldn't quite communicate your ire in an adequate fashion? Out Back of The Black Mongoose is the place for you!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Back from the dead like 'ol Jaques himself!

Evening all! Daddy's home!

But not really... Unfortunately I'm still very busy outside of Naval Action and without a working computer or stable internet. Like me, CoH is not dead either! Just in hiding... Stealthy like. Unless Hertzog has been playing Open World again, then its the opposite.

As one of the joint founders of the AoC I have just this to say. For anyone who is looking for a home away from politics, drama, or maybe you just like our name, you are welcome here. You do not need permission to join, there is no lengthy ceremony or criminal check, and you do not need to sacrifice your first born child. All I would suggest is join up with our forums, and make yourself known. The AoC is only what it's memberbase makes it. That's how you know you're truly free here.

Here's rum in yer eye,

Thomas Blackwell

• 4 months later...