Game-Labs Forum

These men are death incarnate. They are the tendrils of evil and the arms of chaos. If you play dice with the devil and lose, it is they he calls upon to collect what he is due.

Captain! Arms of Chaos is a group of free men who refuse to bare the crushing obligations of authority, law, and civil obedience. 

We are not bound by the words of kings, men who would send a navy to fight in their place. Authority, respect, and loyalty are things to be earned, not blindly bestowed by rank, wealth, or social status. A man may only rule another man if the latter permits him. This mindset has been the cornerstone of AoC membership since the group was first founded.

As free men residing on the very fringe of modern society, we still believe in a man's authority over his own person! No one ruler or board of rulers should have equal or greater power over a man or group of men than they themselves do. The AoC Court consists of eight seated captains who act as spokesmen for the AoC. If nations or fleets wish to engage the entire AoC in 'civil' negotiations they may do so through the Court. Seated captains have no more power, influence or sway over the AoC than a common member, and common members reserve the right to treat seated captains as they would any other equal.

Seats do come with a few perks however...

Each seat has a unique banner which serves as the seated captain's personal pennant in-game. (When custom pennants are added).

and

Each seat comes with certain bragging rights.

Any common member may challenge a seated captain for his place in the Court. Once the seated captain has been made aware of the challenge he reserves the right to choose the class of ship the duel is to be fought in. If the defending captain loses the duel he gives up his seat and pennant to the challenger. The first eight Captains to join AoC will automatically be granted a seat in the Court. Challenging seated captains may begin immediately upon entry into AoC. 

The Black Mongoose is a forum dedicated to the under-class of Naval Action. Pirates, beggars, thieves, and black hearted privateers welcome. No Gurlz Navy Allowed!

Come be a part of the oldest independent fleet in the New World and live a short, free life with the rest of us!

Website

BM

"We are death incarnate, the tendrils of evil, and the arms of chaos. If you play dice with the devil and lose, it is us upon whom he calls to collect his dues." - Jacques Belerose, The Cursed Captain of Isle de Hispaniolia

• Like 7

Nice to see I think first organised pirate? group.
I would join Ya, but my captain don't like any kind of group that require taking orders xD. I will help anybody who will pay more and it wont hurt my business :F

Good Luck! well organized pirate group is always nice. And its only my opinion (nothing more) but the word "chaos" doesn't fit so well :S maybe something different? Like Arms of Free Bahama, or something like that?..
But its just me, when i see word "Chaos" i see army from Warhammer. ;D

Ahoy!

I would like to clarify that this isn't so much an organized group as it is a network of independent Captains. A place for captains to 'expand' their business... what ever that 'business' may be.  :P

As an independent captain, you are not obligated to do anything. That's the problem with pirates, they don't take orders and authority very well.

Edit: The easiest way to look at it is like the bretherin court in Pirates of the Caribbean. They have power, but no one ever agrees so nothing gets done. Instead they just bicker among themselves and fight for the different positions. The court is for the most part, a way to try and encourage PVP.

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun setup to duel for leadership or influence but I am a man of law and honor and therefore will only join your neck to a rope hanging from my yard arm so that you can pvp Satan himself for his seat in hell.

I was born into a hell, it is no merry place. It took a lot of my blood to win my freedom, and if the final price should be to hang then so be it... but I shall not leave this world without a fight.

Here's to ye, fellow gentleman o' fortune!

I look forward to to seein' yer flag flyin' should we find ourselves sailin' the same seas. Good luck, and give the Navies hell!

And the very same to you captain! May fortune look kindly upon you and yours, and may your cannons fire with both haste and accuracy against your enemies.

I think my fine hemp rope and my cannons will give you remorse when we meet. ;)

Take warning, Decatur. If your ships should hunt me, I shall burn them to the waterline and their officers along with them. If your nation should threaten me, I shall dismantle it piece by piece until the threat is gone... I shall however leave your President's home for Mr. Caldwell and the Royal Navy.  ;)

I wouldn't mind joining a guild with some of the folk from Antigua Spain over at PotBS, good captains all.

Don't really wish to be a pirate though. Endgame, I hope to do some trading.

We don't yet know quite how the clan/guild system is going to work. For all we know it will be impossible to have a clan of 'pirates'. If this is the case, traders are always welcome. Especially if they have no intentions of paying port fees. ;)

Once the Caribbean and South American coast opens up, we will probably be spending a lot of time with the Spaniards and the Americans both. Whether as friends or enemies is yet to be established and will probably be done on an individual basis as our Clan has no real 'core leadership'. Every nation needs smugglers, mercenaries, and privateers. Many of our members will be only too happy to provide this service... for the right price, of course.

Best of luck but I think its way to early to start thinking about clans. :P

Cheers! There are a number of clans now, started by enthusiastic captains across the globe. It's a great way to establish groups of people by nationality/language/interests/gameplay/etc. Which will later lead to strong cores of different yet similar people willing to provide experienced help and guidance for those in need of it. With luck, we will have a selection of clans for each major nationality (both in-game and out) ready to set sail as soon as the Guilds are launched.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Take warning, Decatur. If your ships should hunt me, I shall burn them to the waterline and their officers along with them. If your nation should threaten me, I shall dismantle it piece by piece until the threat is gone... I shall however leave your President's home for Mr. Caldwell and the Royal Navy. ;)

We are eager and waiting for you to try lol ;)