Game-Labs Forum

Desperat need of ships in the US

staun

28 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Were these guys all inside the tag circle? Must be as they shouldnt be able to join, right? 

I am pretty sure that there only was the one when I tagged him. Even wrote in chat if his friends where joining before they did. I am pretty sure they can afterjoin a fight.

10 hours ago, staun said:

1 We all send 1 ship a week to the US

2 We limits us self to only sink 1 US player a week

3 If we sink more than 1 player, we need to have bought that kill from a player that won't use his US kill that week.

4 The money that come in for bought kills, are used to get hul, rig and rum to the US, so they can get it on there ships.

Is that not the same thing they do in Africa to save endangered wildlife, E.g.: Elephants?

Basically my position is:

There is no PvP for basic cutter since they are free and you don't get any marks for sinking them. The thing about them being free is however something shared with the Le req and herc - but atleast here you get marks for the kill. Just don't allow BC to join PvP battles and that's the end of that exploit. And I really don't believe that PvE should award PvP marks in any form - Basic cutters or not. Just remove the PvP marks already since they have no real meaning in the game anyway.

53 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Is that not the same thing they do in Africa to save endangered wildlife, E.g.: Elephants?

Well.. To be fair US faction players are an endangered species..

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Basic Cutters CANNOT join. End of the topic. Unless you are farming AI by tagging NPC fleets in OW = PvE = cutters can join. If you see a basic cutter join PvP fight, F11, make support topic.

Except if you join a PvE battle - there is no way to distinguish them in the patrol area from real PvP battles, then the mates of the PvE farmer can join afterwards in BC..

I have always felt a bit sorry for the US. They've had it rough for a long time now, which is why I don't hunt along the US coast anymore. It was always filled with inexperienced players who are afraid to take risks because they're too used to getting pounded by everyone else. I don't really keep up with them nowadays but I think their capital needs some breathing room if players are still hunting around there. So for those who have a lot of experience and often sail around Charleston looking for easy prey, just take a hike. If you want to fight then stop sealclubbing and go fight someone your own size.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's enough to look at BR's.

Except if the battle starts with fx a frigate that tags an AI brig, then gets jumped by an enemy, calls his friends in BC and they can still enter the battle. There should just be no PvP or PvP mark gains in a BC.. You can craft the freaking cutter if you want to PvP in it..

On 9/16/2018 at 9:51 AM, Liq said:

as far as i know, cutters can join

• PvE Battles (battles that were started vs. an npc)
  • Battles that were started vs. a basic cutter

In this case, the herc. tagged a cutter, as you can see in the picture posted.

@Liq is correct about BC's.

Since these are my guys I'll tell you why they do it.  They get sick of being jumped by every nation once they see a fight that US is involved almost every one joins the other side for an easy kill.  In the PvP zones you can  get points by killing other players or AI for the rewards.  You don't have to PvP other players, just kill AI's.  That is what they are doing they are killing AI's to get points for the mission reward.  Which is fully within the game rules.  Now they can't start PvP so if some one tags them than that is there own fault.  If some one tags and AI than well that is risk too in the PvP zones.  So you tag them or jump into the fights at your own risk.  

Other wise it's really hard to get PvP marks when you have half the nations out there farming you coast line and those marks are needed for some things along with trades for things we don't have.   At this time the only wood US has is TEAK, we don't have WO or LO thanks to nations like France and Prussia not letting them keep such ports when they all ready have them else where.  Hell last I checked France owns over half of the LO/WO ports and no one is really kicking them around like the US gets all the time.  Just like no one attacks copper ports, Tar ports and other rare woods or good resource ports, but hay they love to come up and kick US teeth in over and over and over and over.

I'm going to continue to encourage folks to show up in BC at the shallow patrol zones and out side CT.  

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@Liq is correct about BC's.

Since these are my guys I'll tell you why they do it.  They get sick of being jumped by every nation once they see a fight that US is involved almost every one joins the other side for an easy kill.  In the PvP zones you can  get points by killing other players or AI for the rewards.  You don't have to PvP other players, just kill AI's.  That is what they are doing they are killing AI's to get points for the mission reward.  Which is fully within the game rules.  Now they can't start PvP so if some one tags them than that is there own fault.  If some one tags and AI than well that is risk too in the PvP zones.  So you tag them or jump into the fights at your own risk.  

Other wise it's really hard to get PvP marks when you have half the nations out there farming you coast line and those marks are needed for some things along with trades for things we don't have.   At this time the only wood US has is TEAK, we don't have WO or LO thanks to nations like France and Prussia not letting them keep such ports when they all ready have them else where.  Hell last I checked France owns over half of the LO/WO ports and no one is really kicking them around like the US gets all the time.  Just like no one attacks copper ports, Tar ports and other rare woods or good resource ports, but hay they love to come up and kick US teeth in over and over and over and over.

I'm going to continue to encourage folks to show up in BC at the shallow patrol zones and out side CT.  

Don't the US have a military alliance with Spain and a good relationship with Russia?

Go and cry to them.

A9D522B50A451E9C3B40EF2D6BD67AC8A5A95310561005B7EE4B1B43C651CAE7B8C41F55367E9034913E028A0D5AA4E4EF9D448794405380597052A23C8DFC1525B1278E666BB712F2EE1F28BFD5AE1ATo Hornblower:

Don't the US have a military alliance with Spain and a good relationship with Russia?

Go and cry to them.

Who is crying there buddy. It is a simple statement and fact. I love players in other nations who would prefer to take the easy nation to make themselves feel that they are good at the game. Now, do not get me wrong. Because there are very good players in other nations, but they are not the one's attacking on the US coast line. The bad players are the one's looking for the easy kills, or the one's that will not go and find solo fights. If they go by themselves it is to hunt down traders, and run from any serious threats to them. If you think your are a good player. Than I challenge you to join the US, and lets see you in action up there. The US has a problem with new players thinking they are ready to go and fight. In truth through they are not ready, but will not listen to anyone in the US nation. That is why most of the Clans that used to be in the US nation left the US in the first place. Plus those are the Clans, and players that are now engaged with the US currently. So the point is that the US nation has some blame for the current problems it faces. I am in the US nation because it is a challenge, and not an easy nation to play in.

To Staun:

You were not the only ship we sunk that day. We can not attack player ships period. But that does not mean that we can't be attacked by a player ship. Those that joined against us in the battle we created by attacking AI, payed the price. We were actually training some of our guys that day.  And of course anyone in a basic cutter is going to join a battle that they get into with players.

Edited by Robert Lance

2 hours ago, Robert Lance said:

A9D522B50A451E9C3B40EF2D6BD67AC8A5A95310561005B7EE4B1B43C651CAE7B8C41F55367E9034

To Staun:

You were not the only ship we sunk that day. We can not attack player ships period. But that does not mean that we can't be attacked by a player ship. Those that joined against us in the battle we created by attacking AI, payed the price. We were actually training some of our guys that day.  And of course anyone in a basic cutter is going to join a battle that they get into with players.

I don’t complain about getting killed. I get killed alot. Thats happens actually alot. Most time when I go to the patrolzone I go alone ore with 1-2 clan members. The fight with the Bc, I started, so it is fair they joined. I knew it would happen. I wanted to raise an issue.

They want to farm damage on AI, just only do it on AI, don’t join fight to kill real players, witch they do. 

They are actually enough players to fill the BR in Nassau patrol zone, so they can’t be ganked. You honnestly think sailing in a basic cutters trains you for fighting in ships with a totally different sailing profile. My experiens that the fights in patrolezone rearly can be compared with fight anywhere ells, except in the reinforcement zone, where ships out of the sky get dumped on you, and therefore tactical sailing have less value.

Edited by staun

8 hours ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

Seems to me those cute little cutters were competitive vs pay to win ships that happen to be no risk to lose either, as you get a free one every 24 hours.....

true but you get PvP marks for sinking the DLC ships, you don't for sinking a basic cutter..