Game-Labs Forum

LGV Refit (my new favorite!)

Love this ship!

Questions to @admin

Will there ever be other refits? Indiaman refit? Or maybe Tsnow refit? 

Why isn't it craftable? 

Suggestions....

Better profile upwind (take awy some speed downwind to Ballance

Make it craftable OR give it at least one more slot

Carronades please?

This is the ship for me....I'll probably never said anything else (if so it will be rare.

20180908215145_1.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean Ribault said:

Would love to see refit options for other ships.  Refits of our own choosings in the workshop,

I wanna see an Indiaman crammed full of so many 2 to 6 pound cannons that it lists every time it fires, so we can go full-Blackbeard on people.

• Like 2

It's a great ship. I can't wait until UI and economy where it will be viable to be a roaming trader hauling and selling repairs on the front lines, or just being a general scum bag scamming newbs with your "exquisite" wares near capital. LGV is a somewhat of a different ship than we're use to getting which makes it interesting and fun to play. the fact that it's at a disadvantage in combat doesn't bother me so much, though it could absolutely use a slightly better cannon setup with an option of carros

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Love it.  I was on my way to loot a wreck the other day in my Refit and came across an Indiaman.  Never used it against a player before but what the hell.  Had a really fun fight (for me, I guess).  I got his sails down then took out his stern, but couldn't figure out what to do next.  He out-crewed me and he out-gunned me (damn all traders who arm their ships!  Don't you know you're pacifists??).  Decided to try broadsides cause LGVs that I've seen in the past bounce shots pretty good.  Got in close for my first broadside (I'm stupid fast) and OMG!  His crew started melting, even before his armour was down.  Those swivel guns.  Well then it was just a case of hugging close and watching his crew disappear with each shot till I finally could board.  He did some damage to my fir/fir, but my DPS was faster. 

I haven't encountered a 5th rate that I couldn't run away from yet, and it can go into enemy ports as a trader.  Now....with some boarding mods.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aster said:

Quite a few including myself have wanted it for a long time. I think it would be pretty op op if it was like the lgv.

Well if its one thing we don't want in Naval Action, it's OP ships!.......oh.....wait......yeah......

Edited by Sea Fox

Too bad the cargo hold is almost halved in comparison to a non-refit Le Gros Ventre. And those swivels of 2 lb are a bit weak when everyone has 6 pd upwards. But still, a great ship I use as leader for a group of Gros Ventres. With the dark red accents on the hull also quite pretty to look at.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Latron said:

I also got an lgv refit recently and I like it a lot. I likely won't be able to use it much in pvp even though I'd like to try it. I can't get pvp marks very easily. If it cost combat marks then that would be way better.

I had a teak/teak one but was not fast enough. I decided to jump into a battle (herc vs basic cutter). Wasn't concerned about the ship (I was going to sell it) 

It took him an hour to kill me and if I had more than one fleet ship he'd be dead instead of me. But I learned a lot in the battle. Cannon balls bounce off quite a bit (even the fir/fir hold up decently.

7 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Too bad the cargo hold is almost halved in comparison to a non-refit Le Gros Ventre. And those swivels of 2 lb are a bit weak when everyone has 6 pd upwards. But still, a great ship I use as leader for a group of Gros Ventres. With the dark red accents on the hull also quite pretty to look at.

The swivels are what murder the crew.  I was shooting close broadsides into the guy and killing 12-18 crew per shot, while he still had armour.  Plus they reload very fast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The swivels are what murder the crew.  I was shooting close broadsides into the guy and killing 12-18 crew per shot, while he still had armour.  Plus they reload very fast.

I took out a fleet of 3 indiamen (with help of my fleet) in open waters it was a two attacks. But yeah it's awesome.

For me in a solo hunt I can go deep into enemy territory and hunt (and hide) and the ocean is my oyster