Game-Labs Forum

Griefing After PB is Over and Won

Would the following solve the problem: When a port battle commences the port automatically becomes open to all till the battle is decided. This way upon exit from port battle instance the new owners of the port can access it immediately even if the other team keep the instance open. The same rules would still apply regarding warships sailing from enemy ports.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2018 at 6:35 AM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

So.... can i go "take a piss"  during those precious 15 minutes or should I pee in my pants just because you want ?...

Watch what you wish for. You might have to use diapers one of these days.

That is fine and I don't think it would of been a problem, but in this case Delta was actively going after them to sink them and force them out of the the battle and into a trap where they couldn't enter the port until he left.   He was in a Requin and none of them was so he could pretty much instant board/kill any of them he caught after the battle ended.  If he got into trouble he could just leave, but none of them could leave cause the port was still locked.  If he had said or just went AFK I don't think this would of been as much an issue.  

I mean watch the screen, he even went onto Chris's twitch and told him pretty much he's not leaving and they will all be killed out side if they leave.

@admin Is there a way to make it where after the battle ends no one takes damage?  I know this will kill the last second sinks and boards that folks don't leave in, but it might be a way to prevent such griefing from working to force players out when they can't enter a port.   

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Some players like to continue a fight on battle over + anyone can leave if they wish not to sink. I see no reasons to change that.

Of course you don't see a problem with it, you had over a dozen ships out side ready to jump them as soon as they came out.

BATTLE OVER MEANS BATTLE IS OVER.  If they want to fight on there own terms that is fine, but fore every one else it should be over, not run from the one guy that can sink almost all them easly.  I watched the stream live it was a dick move, it was even more a dick move coming onto Chris Twitch and telling him that they either leave now and all die or he will stay in until he catches them pretty much and kills them.  Sorry man BATTLE OVER SHOULD MEAN BATTLE OVER.  

It's one thing to finish one last broad side or board action, but to chase the winners (or even loosers) for 15 mins cause they are locked out of a port cause the one guy left won't leave is griefing and a very dickish mood.  

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Yea, fix also revenge fleets and you get +1

Revenge fleets are cause your in enemy waters and well that tends to happen when you go into others waters.  A won port battle should be open for the winners.  The loosers are lucky it stays open for them until the contested is over.  The loosers don't have a chance to go into the port if they are the attackers, no one is saying that is bad, what they want is that if the loosers should be able to go into the port they won and not be trapped between a gank  and those still in the PB once the BATTLE IS OVER.

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

So they won or lost? Because if entire fleet is getting rekt by a single player... maybe they don't deserve safety and shelter in the port?

You mean a OP ship that should never be in shallow port battles?  Doesn't matter if they where getting rekt or not, they WON THE PORT BATTLE.

Honestly stop being a sore looser, you lost the port, go get it back later.

We are talking about a bad mechanic that needs to be fixed. It doesn't matter if he was chasing them or off taking a piss some where.  By him being in the fight and not leaving it keep them out of the port.  Why shouldn't they get the safety of the port?  They won the BATTLE that ya'll lost.  Remember time scale of OW and IN battle isn't the same.  When that PB started there was no one out side, that is why you where under man in it.  So that means when it ends it should be the same, there was no one out side, but by the time the battle ended an hour and half later there was several Prussians and French sitting out side waiting (who once again refuse to fight each other when in each other presence).  If I remember right the Pirates actually had screens, but the force that showed up late was to much for them.  

How much you want to bet if it was the Prussians trapped in there and the tables turned.  He would be all bitching about getting it changed.

15 minutes "timeout" is a rule in place in all battles - this is granted and the bare minimum usable after years of testing.

Port changing hands when BATTLE OVER "flag" appears may well not be possible due to global changes being made - this includes rewards, etc - only when the instance closed.

There is a suggestion for this to be changed if and when possible.

Closed. Devs can post anyway.

• Like 1