Game-Labs Forum

KILL BATTLE CHAT

Because battle chat has become so salty is it time to remove, cross nation chat?

Battle rants that include words like cnut, fcuk; and borderline racism, although make me laugh ( I know my opponent has lost it!) Must surely put off new players or at least teach them very bad habits? It also SPOILS a very great game instance.

Plus (I believe) anyone you have blocked in global etc, can still be potty mouths in battle and everyone in the battle is forced to endure?

Thoughts, suggestions?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crow said:

Because battle chat has become so salty is it time to remove, cross nation chat?

Battle rants that include words like cnut, fcuk; and borderline racism, although make me laugh ( I know my opponent has lost it!) Must surely put off new players or at least teach them very bad habits? It also SPOILS a very great game instance.

Plus (I believe) anyone you have blocked in global etc, can still be potty mouths in battle and everyone in the battle is forced to endure?

Thoughts, suggestions?

Leave it open ban people from the chat who cant behave i lost my ship to a swede while figjt whent we had a good talk . Not a single curse i was not happy because of the lose but it feels better to lose to gentlemen 

• Like 2

I'm really against this. I can't remember the last time I've been in a battle where the tone were salty. I haven't been that active that much these past five months or so, but I really enjoy the battle chat against enemies that are just players like yourself.

I do think.. And this may be biased so please indulge me.. but the battles I've had with the US playerbase has always had a.. certain saltyness to it - but why should the rest of the world stop communicating just because someone has a culture of decidedly toxic communication and miscommunication?

Just now, Headless Parrot said:

Ignore

... does not ignore battle chat, yet.

But anyone can discipline themselves to "ignore" chat, although it is not expected and you know how the saying goes in the Caribbean - "With Salt kills, with Salt dies."

• Like 3

Hello Captains and Ink,

Report them if they are too salty otherwise just ignore them. For the good of the game, because there might be children on, bad offenders do need to be reported and have their mouths washed out by being suspended from the game for a week or so. 

Not being able to hail any other ship is ridiculous, please bring it back. Some of the best and most enjoyable conversations I've ever had in this game have been with other nations or pirates. 

Now I've got to go to work, earn biscuits and dog food for Able Seadog Wade. 

Fair sailing all.   

• Like 1

Nooooooo... I enjoy having polite conversation in battles against my enemy . I also like it when they get salty as it gives me a excuse to pursue and kill this person more often. I don't think I've ever reported anyone it's called freedom of speech and I don't Give a crap what they say it's only words.. 

But yea if your that way inclined just report them..

• Like 2

We are human beings and most of us thrive on interaction.  Battle chat and global chat allow us to interact with the entire community (in a limited fashion) and, I feel, are positive additions to the game.  If a member of the community offends me, I can report it, ignore the user through the interface of just skip over postings I don't care for.

Last night (US) in global there was an atheism/religion exchange that went on for 10-15 minutes... not all of it was PC ... not all of it was clean and respectful but it was mildly entertaining and created a bit of insight into the personality (s), real or digital, of other players... I enjoyed it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Last night (US) in global there was an atheism/religion exchange that went on for 10-15 minutes... not all of it was PC ... not all of it was clean and respectful but it was mildly entertaining and created a bit of insight into the personality (s), real or digital, of other players... I enjoyed it.

I think it went on for more than half an hour... 😂😂😂

And indeed, not the most polite discussion ever, still definately quite entertaining and giving some insight (or confirming opinion) in some pixel captains around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitman said:

That is actually against rules.  Though I hardly report them unless they get pissy about when I tell them it's actually against the rules so they might want to change the topic.

4. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.

And the reason why is to many folks get butt hurt when you bring up those two topics.

• Like 2