Game-Labs Forum
Lars Kjaer

Hardcaps

Breaking 25 ships to get a gold one. 

Now that is something! Never imagined breaking 25 1st rate until you get the gold ship :)

Edited by AeRoTR
To improve what I meant

14 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Breaking 25 ships to get a gold one. 

Now that is something! Never imagined breaking 25 1st rate to get the gold :)

Breaking  up ships gives terrible returns sadly. Used to be good enough I'd buy trash ships and break them for parts

9 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

What will you do with mods like light ropes and blocks? The mod will be irrelevant with art of ship handling. Light carriages is also a nice mod that will be useless compared to gunnery. Why don't you try limiting upgrades and then books if stacking is still to bad. Using 2 books from the same pool is what makes peoples ships so diverse. 

Yah I think you should be able to stack two like mods/knowledge but maybe not three.  The problem right now is there is no limit other than the hard caps put in place.   Some of the books also fill mulit rolls (and some mods) sop wondering how that will work.  I mean 5 Rings gives you 5 things so you won't be able to do any books that are similar?   That pretty much kills most of the list.  Hay I'm game for trying it, anything is better than the current system.

6 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Looks like there are a lot of fire fittings :D

I was noticing that too..>>BOOM<<

@admin Until this is put in place though can we maybe get a hard cap added to crew for now?  30% would match up with the other hard caps we have in game all ready.

5 hours ago, Flinch said:

Only an idiot breaks up 24 ships instead of selling them for a small profit. 

Yep I put all mine up for sail. If it is a deep water and get no perks it goes to CT market, if it's a shallow water Purple (or my one rare GOLD) it goes in my private bank of back up ships.  

5 hours ago, speijk said:

not whit the current sheeplike people flinch i cant find buyers for my ship build.

Send them to the US market, I hear they are need plenty of cheap ships at the rate they go through them.

4 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Honestly I redeemed more than 60/70 Requins... And I got ZERO purple/gold... 

Anyhow AFAIK gold ratio is around 1:50

I have  prob made over 200 ships in our clan own port and I just got my first GOLD ship last week.  A bout a dozen purple ships the rest all blue with or without perks, but than RNG just hates me.  I honestly think you should get a bonus if your set up for crafting perks too to give crafters that little bit more edge.

6 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Breaking  up ships gives terrible returns sadly. Used to be good enough I'd buy trash ships and break them for parts

It was and still is tied to durability and should probably change, but I imagine it's a wasted feature these.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:25 AM, Rabman said:

It was and still is tied to durability and should probably change, but I imagine it's a wasted feature these.

No. Actually they reused what they could to save money and material.

What we need is durability or integrity measurment that shows how long the ship has been active and how long since last overhaul in a drydock and determines what if any parts can be reused.

Might be a way för admirality to determine value on captured ships. Instead of scuttling them you need to place a Price crew to get full PvP marks.