Game-Labs Forum

385 crew La Requin

I could live with the requin remaining a 6th rate once the hammocks are changed to reduce the overall max crew.  The Requin armor needs to be less AND the crew should take more kills while being so exposed - both from broadsides and in boarding - esp. in boarding they should not be able to brace (hide) from deck gun or musket fire.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

There were plenty of SOL that transferred from squadron to squadron, or port to port. SOL after battle went in to port for repairs. After big actions like the Glorious first of June, or Trafalger, the French and Spanish fleets ran any direction they could to escape the British. Not a single report of a stern camping 5th rate.

To say that SOL didn’t travel by themselves is simply not correct.

pixel crew does not matter. RL crew does. Do you see blood running out of the scupper in NA? Do you feel terrified when a Sol broadside hits you? Speaking for myself I press 5 + 1 and keep pushing

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

When you can show me a single example in history of a 5th rate ship Stern Camping a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rate ship, killing most of its crew, and then capturing and sinking it, then I will reply to the rest of your post.

Ahhh... Interesting!

May be you missed I always criticized NA combat techniques especially from realism/historical perspective. I agree with necessary playability... Still historical / realism argument cant be  used when useful...

Hullhugging, mast sniping, sterncamping etc...

And I have been always strongly vocal against them.

But... Here... I hear only complaining the Requin.

That, historically wise... Far more real losing a corvette to an overcrewed xebec in boarding than above noted techniques. Dont dare trying the historical argument with me.