Game-Labs Forum

385 crew La Requin

Just now, z4ys said:

Just wait for the patch. I guess all mods will be reworked not only the how to mod

I really don't need to wait. Less mod variety = less ship build variety. Simple maths to me. For permanent upgrade it's a decent idea but not books. 

47 minutes ago, Kifli said:

"balanced"

"fun and interactive" 

Not about to change the subject or deny that le requin is op but! I think boarding system is terrible and need work. It is the reason of this abuse in first place.

true that looks like it is board is too low for oceanic trips. 

As were Viking Longboats, yet they made transatlantic trips, Iceland, Greenland, and, evidence suggests, the Vikings got as far  as Continental America from Scandinavia. 

54 minutes ago, admin said:

thats an upgrade problem not a LQR problem. 

Upgrades for crew should be capped by reasonable numbers. Like +100% but not more than 15 sailors.

This is why we keep saying make it a 5th rate, the problem is both.  With 250 crew against a Niagara with 150 crew and same mods it will still wreck the Niagara cause of the 100 extra crew.  This morning in the PB we had with the Prussians I got boarded by a Requin while having Barricades, Axe's and 5 rings.  While any other ships I would of done fine.  He just had to much crew vs mine with 300+ (believe he was in the 200's from my grape) vs my 178.   The only thing that saved me was the axe's and being able to disenagage from the fight but even than I was down to 90 something crew.

49 minutes ago, admin said:

385 is caused by unbalanced upgrades
remember that new upgrade system will remove upgrade stacking completely. Captain wont be able to fit his ship with Upgrades from the same group

Even with all the same mods the the Niagara can only get 232 vs 385 crew.  A 250 crew Requin will still destroy that crew built Niagara cause it doesn't have to use slots on crew just put them in board mods.  Even nif you put a cap and I would put the crew cap at 30% with every thing else that is caped at that it still is OP just cause it's crew number in battles vs any other shallow water ships.  It does not need to be in PB's with that many more crew than any other ship in game that can't match it board wise.

Oh and I tried grape in the battle and shot at more than one location to test it and really wasn't seeing any big crew kills from sweeping the decks.  It needs to be effective more by grape at point blank range specially if it's get 300+ crew stuffed in it.

By the way not saying the PB was lost cause of the requiun, we honestly got out brawled and it was a good fight. Experience won over lack of it in that PB more than anything.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Also, most players as active as you have the big 3 mods. You can get them in 2 weeks max if you are willing to spend 5-600pvp marks. Every member in our clan has the mods.

a) I wasnt so active in the past. Summer peak. And new nation with a nice clan.

b) in this server I started USA. Definately less farming friendly than GB.

c) I was on global before. Definately not good for trading. And I kept poor keeping trying pvp. Hard way. Still got a grasp.

25 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

...  With 250 crew against a Niagara with 150 crew and same mods it will still wreck the Niagara cause of the 100 extra crew.....

image.png.63400580531d306adb1e66e54dd27b28.png What i used

I defended into his fire muskets even i was prepaired that he will do it but sometimes reaction time is a bitch. Santi made the mistake to not attack into my 0 moral he therefore allowed me to disengage after 2 rounds because of axes.

Edited by z4ys

58 minutes ago, Liq said:

Good idea actually

Vanilla ship without crew mods remains as fast as it was

Then for each few % extra crew you lose a small percentage of speed

Makes sense

Would that also mean if you got graped down to 60 men, you'd gain a knot and a half speed? 😆

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is why we keep saying make it a 5th rate, the problem is both.  With 250 crew against a Niagara with 150 crew and same mods it will still wreck the Niagara cause of the 100 extra crew.  This morning in the PB we had with the Prussians I got boarded by a Requin while having Barricades, Axe's and 5 rings.  While any other ships I would of done fine.  He just had to much crew vs mine with 300+ (believe he was in the 200's from my grape) vs my 178.   The only thing that saved me was the axe's and being able to disenagage from the fight but even than I was down to 90 something crew.

Even with all the same mods the the Niagara can only get 232 vs 385 crew.  A 250 crew Requin will still destroy that crew built Niagara cause it doesn't have to use slots on crew just put them in board mods.  Even nif you put a cap and I would put the crew cap at 30% with every thing else that is caped at that it still is OP just cause it's crew number in battles vs any other shallow water ships.  It does not need to be in PB's with that many more crew than any other ship in game that can't match it board wise.

Negative mate.

A 300ish boarding fitted crew has 0 (zero) chances to capture during first board a 200 crew ship without any boarding mod if the latter has a clue about handling a boarding.

While a boarding fitted 200 crew can kill a 400 unfitted crew badly lead and plain stupid.

@z4ys video is quite instructive as knowing how to manage a board is needed.

I have still to understand why demasting (most unreal NA feature) is a pro skill, boarding (most historically normal outcome in 1800 naval combat) management is noobish stuff.

4 minutes ago, Rabman said:

Would that also mean if you got graped down to 60 men, you'd gain a knot and a half speed? 😆

its not like they dump their bodies straight into the ocean when they cant fight :P

13 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Lol.

As usual people having 0 clues on handling a boarding.

That was painful to watch as he should of destroyed him with just two actions.

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Negative mate.

A 300ish boarding fitted crew has 0 (zero) chances to capture during first board a 200 crew ship without any boarding mod if the latter has a clue about handling a boarding.

While a boarding fitted 200 crew can kill a 400 unfitted crew badly lead and plain stupid.

@z4ys video is quite instructive as knowing how to manage a board is needed.

I have still to understand why demasting (most unreal NA feature) is a pro skill, boarding (most historically normal outcome in 1800 naval combat) management is noobish stuff.

9 times out of 10 boards I been in I had zero board mods and I won the board against even folks with board mods cause of one simple thing....>PREPERATION<  and knowledge of boarding.  We are talking straight up stats not experience.  You put two guys with exact same skills against each other that 300 crew ships will beat that 200 crew in most boards simply cause it has more crew than the other ship.

Also like to point out I had DD in that battle today and I couldn't pull the Requin but it meant nothing in stopping him from pulling me cause he had way over 100 crew than me.  It's instant board anything other than the same ship.   

And don't get me wrong I love the Requin, but until there is another ship that is not a DLC ship that has that much crew than it should not be in PB's in the shallows.  Give us a craftable ship that can have that much crew that can match it than allow it into shallow port battles.   OW I don't care anything goes let it be the OW shallow board kinds, but not in PB's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Historical Note: true xebecs had crews hitting up to 500.

Neither Pavel... Ingermanland... etc...

And do not try the historical argument with me. Neither realism. Because in such case... I'll reply that tightest close haul on a square rigged should be around 80-90° to wind (and with strong leeway). And tacking on wind should require 10+ minutes.

Are you the only one who can talk about historical topics?

3 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

Glad to see you all agree this 300+ Requin makes shallow port battles a lost cause...hope it is made a 5th rate cause I wont be attending any more shallow port battles till something is done.

I repeated a long time it could be better to make her a 5th rate... EVEN IF I'm an heavy Requin user.

That said, from Requin captain PoV I can assure you that 6th rates and smaller ships (if properly handled) are the most annoying preys for Requins. 

I repeated a long time it could be better to make her a 5th rate... EVEN IF I'm an heavy Requin user.

That said, from Requin captain PoV I can assure you that 6th rates and smaller ships (if properly handled) are the most annoying preys for Requins. 

Most of the folks other than a few folks some reason against this (cause they want to abuse it in shallow PB'S) have stated since it's a DLC ship it should be a 5th rate and leave the rest of the stats alone so it can be the OW Board King and hunter.  I don't think most of us have a problem with that, we just have a problem with them in shallow water PB's (I don't have a problem in deep with new BR now).  

Again your speaking of skills of players not the ships.  You can not balance a game off the skill of players it has to be the stats of the ships.  Any ship can be OP in a certain players hands if that player is very good, but if that ship is OP from the start cause of bad game mechanic design it makes it even more powerful (I hate the word OP) compared to some casual in the same ship with the same stats.

As I said before I love the ship and I think it's a great ships for OW solo hunting, but it does not need to be in Shallow water port battles until there is another ship that can match it's crew count.

I honestly think all DLC ships should be in a special class where they can't be used in PB's even deep waters and only for OW.  A DLC ships should be base stats of similar ships of it's class with maybe buff HP's or something (WoT always had more HP, but lower tier guns at one time).

1 hour ago, speijk said:

Wil putting requin in 5th rate not solve the crew amount max by like 80? whitout too much harm to the ship? Correct me if i am wrong

It would also effect board mods and others as they are a lot stronger in the 6/7th rates compared to 5/4th rates.  Right now you take a 5th rate with same crew and same mod than the 6th rate will bet it no base stats alone.

21 hours ago, Rabman said:

Their bodies aren’t what’s heavy... it’s all the provisions, weapons, gear, fresh water, etc that are onboard for each crew member. 

• Like 2