Game-Labs Forum

Brazil's National Museum Burned

Powderhorn

Considered a total loss already. There's also report of some post fire looting to have happened so some artifacts ( was millions ) might appear of private hands soon.

Given the Culture and Education budget was severely cut no wonder the more than needed re-qualification of some of the wings of the building had been postponed indefinitely.

Even more worrying was that there was no water in the hydrants for the firemen, so a 40 minute delay (  they had to resort to a agricultural lagoon... ) had horrendous consequences

On 9/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Considered a total loss already. There's also report of some post fire looting to have happened so some artifacts ( was millions ) might appear of private hands soon.

Given the Culture and Education budget was severely cut no wonder the more than needed re-qualification of some of the wings of the building had been postponed indefinitely.

Even more worrying was that there was no water in the hydrants for the firemen, so a 40 minute delay (  they had to resort to a agricultural lagoon... ) had horrendous consequences

I don't care what folks say there government was very corrupt too.  I been down there many times over the last 10 years for work and for such a bueatifull country it's run buy a bunch of idiots.   Though have to say I seen some of the spots where old gold ships shipped out of and where pirates would hit them.   Prob one of the thing I'll miss now that I"m not working offshore any more is the trips down there as most of the rigs I serviced our equipment on was in that country or in Africa (don't miss that country).