Game-Labs Forum

POTBS game Closure

Wind

The communities of POTBS have making the bup for NA. I have playing many time of POTBS(pre-order it), if i have pre-orderig this, it's for the promise new big brother of POTBS game. Bbut now, POTBS had be the best one anyway. PVE mission, pvp and avatar playable.

So

what does this have to do with NA.

Nostalgia, i have connected and playing my character Mu Xi for see again this great game. But empty ...

Sorry, but if this game never realase, i am dont sure having the same nostalgia.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Never played it. Too little of sim in it. But anything that provides the "age of sail" experience is worth support.

Reckon fantasy for fantasy rather play other more recent projects that are less clicky clicky mmo ship does things.

But if you're into ArmA why not check a mod being developed for it set on the age of sail ? 

Devs take note. LOOK AT ALL THOSE SWIVELS! STOP HOLDING OUT ON US, GIVE US WHAT WE WANT AND RIGHTFULLY DESERVE!

As for POTBS a respectful F to them, it's now up to NA to carry the torch

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Devs take note. LOOK AT ALL THOSE SWIVELS! STOP HOLDING OUT ON US, GIVE US WHAT WE WANT AND RIGHTFULLY DESERVE!

As for POTBS a respectful F to them, it's now up to NA to carry the torch

Up to NA? Heaven help us then.

But look on the bright side when NA goes under in the next year or so there is sea of thieves and skull and bones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I, myself and me, asked help to understand how a news article about a game being shut after many succcessful years has anything to do with NA.

I cannot possibly "read your brains" hence clear text is needed. My own thoughts are not wired to immediately trace comparisons between this and that game.

As I said, I never played POTBS so I expect you to understand it means zero to me. Then I could ask, why isn't NA like WW2OL, which was very successful, more than POTBS, was hardcore and non instanced.

And the comparison between games and communities would never end.

Hence my initial question, what does this have to do with NA.

Also Tavern. At least I didn't go the Cider venue.

OK honest question here @Hethwill the Harmless ......isn't this what the Tavern is for?  Off-topic banter or non-NA-specific discussions that the community is interested in?  Where else on this forum would you post a thread like this that others are probably interested in?  Almost every forum has such a category, this one just happens to be called Tavern, a place where friends and acquaintances sit down to relax and discuss unrelated non-stressful thoughts and philosophies.  I thought this was such a place but maybe I missed it?

• Like 1

I got some good history with POTBS.....I remember when it went to crap (in most of our view when it went to F2P) some Russians said, "We play this new game, you should come try it out.  You kill each other and much fun."  Next thing I was hooked on WoT tanks from BETA stage of testing. Couple years later I'm getting burned out on that and some Russians say, "You try this new game,  It's ships you will love it."  I been hooked on NA since it came out of sea trials.   

I would still pop into POTBS from time to time just to check it out.  I kinda lost intest when it went to F2P and most of my old stuff became obsolete cause you had to buy new BP's and stuff to match the new changes.  I hope this game never becomes like that, though I'll be honest there is another game that is coming up that will switch a lot of us over if it ever gets close to finished. It's not a sea navy game, but it has ships and such.   Unless NA gets off there butts and finsih the main part of this game it's going to slowly fall behind times.   THe one thing I couldn't stand about POTBS when I logged back into it is how cheesy the game looks now a days.  Yah you had sea battles, avcom fights and such, but the game is so out dated now.  I'm affraid that might happen with NA in a few years.

Hopefully they can get this big patch released soon and than the game released and keep it going.  I have to much invested in this game (5 chars with almost all DLC on all them) to just drop the game and give it up.  So I'll be here being a pain the Devs butt for a good while.

#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS

DISCLAIMER:  RUSSIANS COULD OF BEEN UKRAINE'S TOO.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, jodgi said:

As far as coffee goes; The most important factor for me is how recently the beans were roasted. Beans matter too, but the best beans in the world will taste generic after 2+ months post roast. 

Its amazing how Robusta is making a comeback, too....   

On 9/8/2018 at 5:08 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS

DISCLAIMER:  RUSSIANS COULD OF BEEN UKRAINE'S TOO.

+1 XD

POTBS forever :) (oups.... 21 days to go)

so i've heard :

"Part of Dev team (if not all) onced played Potbs and that is why NA ever exist."

"Potbs is the best mmo pvp game ever, and i'm quite sure a good part of NA playerbase come from Potbs.
Never found a better mmo pvp thrill since NA. Both need organisation, good mood, and above all team practice."

"I just think former Potbs players didn't get the pvp thrill in NA they had in Potbs, and many other things (Avcom, pve epic missions with ships and avatars, and above all true pvp). To me they just ask for too much. Na is just as good as it should now considering human ressources involved. /tiphat to all those are part of NA."
"Pvp is the soul of this game, anything else is gamedying mechanics."
"I can accept everything (safe zone, pve, RNG fgs!!!!) asa this game is pvp focused."
"I want from NA Potbs pvp thrill, whatever it takes."
"You got 500 connected and 100k+ buyers. This game is about pvp, fun and teamplay, no pve no rng, no safe shit zone fgs!"

for a soft ending, just a few links :

"there's a time you should make the game you want, we'll support you til the end of days,
there's a time you should  stop listening to what we say, so you can make it,
we'll always be with you,
#surethisgamewillbeamust"

ok i'm out... (of the thread ;) )

Edited by Madjohn
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Justme said:

Up to NA? Heaven help us then.

But look on the bright side when NA goes under in the next year or so there is sea of thieves and skull and bones.

I think NA does not go down. 
And Skull & Bones, is typicall UBISOFT Hype and one year after release is the game death see For Honor

Ubisoft and EA do not make games for the players but only for the big profit

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...