Game-Labs Forum

Remove clone ships from game

Clone ships  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should variants of the same ship be removed from the game?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

So with the new mechanic "outfitting" ships or "refitting" you could make your Brig be Brig or turn it into Navy Brig. Why should they be like 2 different ships?

Pics related:

1000?cb=20160107183501

Brig_Sailing_Side.thumb.png.9efcbef1a64268d259e414339904da8d.png

Description from wiki:

image.png.33d7ef93c190a8effd6b05dd1837692d.png

It's in. People like those ships. There is absolutely no drawback on having them in game right now. Hell, they might even fill some gaps in PBs if nothing else is available. Why remove them just because you don't like them?

Plus that wiki is fan made soo I don't get your point.

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If you could read my comments in the topic, I don't mean to fully remove them. There is no point having 200 sister separate ships in the game with almost same stats, it's very confusing. If someone loves them, make an option to outfit/refit ship into the one they love as you state.

It won't be a big of a change as I imagine it. I guess that you would build a brig, and if you decide to outfit it to a navy brig you click a button in port to do so and pay some resources. Probably the same overall cost as if you would have built it from the start. So it would be a bit redundant.

9 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

I have yet to see a good reason for removing them in this thread

More diversity isn't always good. New players also think Rookie Brig and Rookie Snow are easy to handle and learn ships because of their names.

Of course they are completly trash ships and during a sale when loads of new players arrive in the game you see them complaining that they lose against Rookie ship.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

I have yet to see the reason why we won't copy paste every ship in the game and make 20 different versions of them. mimimimi more content of ships that look the same and have 1 more gun, 2% more HP. Just imagine so maaaany new ships. 

Now being more serious, I like Rattlesnake. This ship won't make it into RvR/PB with 70 BR, whatever. Going into PB I need  Heavy Rattle. So I need 2 separate ships, 2 separate slots while in theory it can be one and the same ship, just "refitted" whenever must be. Before going to PB I could refit my normal Rattlesnake to be more "heavy". 

I would be fine with different modifications or refits of ships as you describe, because its not actually adding or removing ships just condensing the nomenclature.

I never understood why the Rattlesnake is not craftable.

I think it would become a useful variant to brig, mercury and rattle heavy, but by now, you can get a single one, once per account, from tutorial, and some randomized pop-up by PVE epic events. 

PVP players, traders, can't get it. Very few are for sale, and at an higher price than Victories (because it is so rare)

I really hope that to be fixed. Why developing a model that players can't use?

45 minutes ago, admin said:

There are no plans to remove sister ships from the game. In fact more sister ships could appear in the future in form of refits remakes etc. 

This should conclude the discussion :)

Pls the old NA Hms victory hull model with improved running rigging ❤️

Suggestion how to add classic models:

image.png.76543898ed9698e355cf59d84495c7be.png

Adding the classic refit item (maybe dlc) turns the ship into a classic refit.

pros:

• Ships has to be crafted or redeemed due to marks (no more flaming about bypassing eco)
  • even 1st rate refits can be added
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Make the better ships much much much harder or expensive to get.

Bellonas, heavy rats, pirate frig,  should be the exception, not the norm.

These ships should be cherished not normalised so that the standard ships are obsolete.

Otherwise you may as well have just have a rather shallow game with 6 popular ships.

Edited by Crow
  • Like 1