Game-Labs Forum
Morkvarg

Crafting gold ships

There's chances of "improved" shipyard performance everywhere.

Outside the Reinforcement zones is higher.

Exceptional "unique" quality represented by Gold color is the most rare event, still ruled by chances.

Disclaimer: 1/100 does NOT mean 1 out of 100 is guaranteed. Means there 1/100th chance everytime you roll.

• Like 1

Because we all know that crafting a ship has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with RNG.. I actually don't even care if the guy that's crafting my irl boat has ever done something like that before, I trust that he can be as lucky as anyone else...

Because he is a professional he will always guarantee a Good quality ship ( Blue ). In occasion he might tinker something here, something there.

Maybe there wasn't any accidents with the keel and the lady came out more than Good... ? ( thanks @Fluffy Fishy )

If he would be lazy that day, maybe drop a Basic... "is this good enough" Sire ? 

3 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

I have crafted tons of ships and have never gotten, not even once, a gold ship. 

It's akin to the old days of random trim and random blueprints. You need to spam out ships to get purples and golds. So if you haven't gotten one yet, keeping pumping out ships every day and you'll get one.

6 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

Chance per roll. Keep rolling.

12 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

Is your shipyard located in the zone or outside?

I prob have built over 200 ships between Wilimgton and Marsh Harbour with about half a dozen Purples (mainly shallows ships) and only one Gold.  A Niagara I built a week or two ago.  RNG hates some folks but love other folks it seems.  This was between one char with no crafting perk and the other with all the ship crafting perks and I really didn't see much diffrence other than I did get most of the Purples out of Marsh Harbour (only a purple L'Ocean at the deep water port, rest was shallow ships).

I kinda do wish the crafting perks gave you more than just labor reduction, but with the owned port labor reduction I don't know many that even set them any more.  I only have them set cause that char is a dedicated ship crafting alt.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I prob have built over 200 ships between Wilimgton and Marsh Harbour with about half a dozen Purples (mainly shallows ships) and only one Gold.  A Niagara I built a week or two ago.  RNG hates some folks but love other folks it seems.  This was between one char with no crafting perk and the other with all the ship crafting perks and I really didn't see much diffrence other than I did get most of the Purples out of Marsh Harbour (only a purple L'Ocean at the deep water port, rest was shallow ships).

I kinda do wish the crafting perks gave you more than just labor reduction, but with the owned port labor reduction I don't know many that even set them any more.  I only have them set cause that char is a dedicated ship crafting alt.

There’s a really great suggestion hidden in what you have written.

As an option to RNG selecting the third built-in, we could have the third built-in fixed via perks.

E.g. if you want “Very Camped” as the third built-in on your ships,  then assign a perk to it, like “Very Camp Perk” (should only be able to assign one fixed third built-in perk), so whenever you craft a ship it will have the Very Camped built-in assign to it.

To change the fixed built-in players will have to reset perks at 50cm, as currently.

Players could then choose to "Gamble" the third built-in, as currently or fix it via perks.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

I hated RNG trims when they were still a thing. How many Trincs were made and sacrificed to the ship gods for the Fast trim back then. I'm still in the camp of no RNG and bake everything into the craft of said ship, but a compromise could be, allow trims to be bought with marks right in the crafting. Perk switching is cumbersome and unnecessary, because everyone will be respeccing all of the time to get what they want. Keep the extra Perm slots as RNG.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Rabman said:

I hated RNG trims when they were still a thing. How many Trincs were made and sacrificed to the ship gods for the Fast trim back then. I'm still in the camp of no RNG and bake everything into the craft of said ship, but a compromise could be, allow trims to be bought with marks right in the crafting. Perk switching is cumbersome and unnecessary, because everyone will be respeccing all of the time to get what they want. Keep the extra Perm slots as RNG.

Exactly how it should be “cumbersome”, via perks would make it so.

Developers don’t what us to choose the third built-in as they would have let us already.

Via perks would meet the developers and the antigambling lobby halfway.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't think Free Towns are included for the higher chance... Maybe @admin can elaborate on this. 

But free towns has no risk at all,they can't be captured.

I guess outside in captureable port will be the best chance to get good ship drops,makes more sense if ya ask me.

5 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

But free towns has no risk at all,they can't be captured.

True... and not. You still need to deliver all goods into the free port and it has no safety zone. Free towns are usually very dangerous and crowded with PvP players from all nations. Hardly "no risk" as you describe it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Freetowns should have same chance as captutable imo would encourage trading around them and more traffic. 

Nah you want to encourage capture of ports other wise folks would just craft out of them.  They make gr at trade hubs but should’t Get any other perks.  Honestly I think ships crafted in safe zone should only get pets or none.  No chance at purple and gold.  Those can only be crafter out side in a owned port.  Maybe give clan that owns it an even bigger chance to get good roles too.  

• Like 1

Been crafting some Surprises in the last couple days. All of them in a capturable port.

Am I just that unlucky or is that considered normal?

BNtU0Fj.jpg

14 hours ago, Liq said:

Been crafting some Surprises in the last couple days. All of them in a capturable port.

BNtU0Fj.jpg

Hmm. 10 of 17 you got an additional bonus and of the other 7 ships, 3 got extra slots. You look quite lucky. Only 4 out of 17 plain vanilla ships.

14 hours ago, Liq said:

BNtU0Fj.jpg

Thats about normal

Every attempt is a roll. There's no guarantees.

Keep rolling or, IMO, change place just for the sake of variation in the attempts.

35 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Every attempt is a roll. There's no guarantees.

Keep rolling or, IMO, change place just for the sake of variation in the attempts.

I know the basic rules of probability calc, and my comment(s) here were not meant as complaints. Simply wanted to share my experiences and wanted to know if others had similar results.