Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Polish Privateer

Surrender = Deny Everything

The player tagged AI fleet to avoid being tagged by me (I chased him) and he did "defensive tag" on AI. He tried to escape the battle from AI, but the tower started shooting him. Then he decided to get close to the tower (to receive damage) and surrendered his ship on the beach. I sailed to his ship and I'm unable to loot it or capture...

Is it intended game mechanic? Now it does not even deny the PvP marks, not even deny ship, but on top of it deny loot.

image.thumb.png.3d498062fd88dfbf44ee30ad998dcb19.png

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's not the surrender that's deny anything (you're usually able to inspect and sink). It's kills got from AIs-Forts. Fine but not working as intended in this case I say.

• Like 2

Well, dodging PvP by jumping into Epic Events or tagging AI was always cancer in NA. On top of it surrender with AI/Fort/Tower claim on the ship. AI and coastal defences shouldn't have a claim on ships, they should be free for everyone to inspect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

AI and coastal defences shouldn't have a claim on ships, they should be free for everyone to inspect.

Aah, now you have found the root of the problem ;) It's not about surrending at all. That works fine. I very much agree with this suggestion.

1 minute ago, Tom Farseer said:

Aah, now you have found the root of the problem ;) It's not about surrending at all. That works fine. I very much agree with this suggestion.

IT IS about surrendering. Sank ships can be looted by everyone.

Worst case scenario being boarded by AI or boarding AI on purpose and surrendering/losing works as well.

18 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

T IS about surrendering. Sank ships can be looted by everyone.

I can't quite follow your point here.
If a player surrenders and an ally then takes his loot before you reach him, how is that supposed to be a problem? That's basic teamwork.
If I understand the post correctly you could not loot because the tower got awarded the kill and the loot was then reserved for it. That has nothing to do with the surrender.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

If a player surrenders and an ally then takes his loot before you reach him, how is that supposed to be a problem?

It's not about someone stealing loot, it's about no option to loot.

@Ink how Tower or Fort can loot player ship? Because it has a claim on it. Please explain how Towers and Forts in NA loot ships.

• Like 1

I feel like if an AI get the kill on a target, then it ought automatically be available to all. At that point, it's a race to the prize.

• Like 3

Shame that booty is being denied when it would appear you were well within your right to inspect the hold and take what you please.

Treachery!

• Like 1

I don't understand either.  If a ship is sinking or has struck her colours, she would be open to all other ships, right?  What colour is her flag?   If it is white then the crew would be submissive.  If there is no flag, the crew is abandonning.

Balancing the competitive battle mechanics is complex.

• Like 2

When a ship surrenders it should be open to all for looting.

As for who gets the kills, usually always the one that does the most damage before the surrender. 

NPCs shouldn't take the kill...? I don't knoe the implication this would hold, but my first thought is thag it would be abused as well...

On 8/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, Banished Privateer said:

It's not about someone stealing loot, it's about no option to loot.

@Ink how Tower or Fort can loot player ship? Because it has a claim on it. Please explain how Towers and Forts in NA loot ships.

The question here IMO is did he surrender to the fort, if he did then it would be automatically looted by said fort. Myself, well if anyone was trying to tag me and I was in a trader I'd destroy what I'm carrying, why give it to the thief.