Game-Labs Forum

Server Deployments

Question

10 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Will there be an Oceania Server? How will the worldwide server deployment be organized?

Or will private servers be available?

There were previously more servers for different regions; but these were all merged into the current "Caribbean PVP" shard, likely due to player population.

4 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Or could switch the main server back to the USA based one which provided the best average ping for everyone

Even West coast EU would help. I play other games that have servers in the France and London area and get way better ping.  Though Iceland (or is it greenland) is another great sever location some games are set at that gone the EU route.

I’ve only joined in July and I don't think I'm  going to search/read thousands of threads and posts in this forum to find a GameLabs guide, if there is even one!

Edited by Guest

My latency is near 300ms with the servers but I don't find it too much of a problem. Ships are slow and cannons, at a distance, take a while to fly so it doesn't feel that bad, unlike in FPS. Heck, I've done several really tight maneuvers with other players, passing close enough to touch tips (of our cannons) despite it.

Perhaps the only time latency might be a problem is when my ship is rolling down but since I don't know how hits are calculated (server-side or client-side), I'm not sure what's happening (if I take too long to start firing or if my latency delays my broadside).

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I believe private servers were never considered.

Oceania server has been referred a while ago by admin as a possibility, but not as a pre-release early access deployment.

Thanks, Asia based server instead of an Oceania one would do too, population wise.

Edited by Guest