Game-Labs Forum

Golden Hind

I now is old but can be given to players anyway since is a historical epic ship like Wydah or Queen Anne Revenge  is not a competitive the armament and size are between a snow and a rattlesnake.

Dunno why NA even by having pirates being the majority of the community the majority of the existence game never  put this 3  Historical ships expecial considering they not particularly powerful but will add just some nice "touch" to the game.

i now  we not have super accurate drawings etc  but we have other historical inaccuracy in game like upgunned ships or ships with cannons they never got so i never seen big problem to introduce for example the Wydah when we have drawings of  a ship wich was identical. 

The Golden Hind is one of the most famous ships in sailing history. It was captained by Sir Francis Drake, a well-known privateer famous for being the first Englishman to successfully circumnavigate the world. This masterpiece was packed with 18 cannons, and was first introduced as the Pelican until Drake renamed it the Golden Hind.

In the year 1577, Drake was commissioned by Queen Elizabeth of England to lead an expedition around the world. He then left Plymouth with a fleet comprised of five ships and 164 crew members. In 1578, they passed the Strait of Magellan after surviving two horrendous storms that sank two ships in Drake’s fleet. As the voyage continued, Drake and his crew were able to raid and plunder various trading ships in the Pacific. However, many historians believe that Drake’s acts exceeded the boundaries of his job as a privateer enough to make them believe that he committed piracy. Finally, on September 26, 1580, after two years, 10 months, and 18 days of voyage, the lone ship was able to return to Plymouth, along with Drake and his 60-man crew.

img_1.jpg51GE2SnIlYL._SY445_.jpg

200039140k.jpg

img_4.jpg1-golden-hind-or-golden-hinde-ship-plans

Golden+Hind+sect.jpg

Golden+Hind+pf.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 5:05 AM, Lord Vicious said:

The oldest in game i think is the Ingermanland 1715?     dunno when but in 2013? 14? devs said period was 1680? 1820?

Ingermanland and Wapen are the eye cancer of naval action. They just don't fit into the game. You say the inger is 1705, that makes her 120 years younger than hind. What do you want next? Greek trire mes? The hind would need complete unrealistic buffing to be competitive against ships that are 200 years more advanced. 

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Ingermanland and Wapen are the eye cancer of naval action. They just don't fit into the game. You say the inger is 1705, that makes her 120 years younger than hind. What do you want next? Greek trire mes? The hind would need complete unrealistic buffing to be competitive against ships that are 200 years more advanced. 

I am certainly inclined to agree that ships like the Mary Rose, the Golden Hind or the Ark Raleigh would be completely outclassed against even an Ingermanland, however, it was not uncommon for ships in their fourth decade to be found in the line of battle, HMS Victory was an old lady at Trafalgar as were many of the ships that fought there, so where can we realistically draw the line?

Short of division by age, I cannot see a way of neutralising the advances in technology over a 200 year time span, and, operating them all in the same era irrespective of age would as you say leave the really old ships at a major disadvantage.