Game-Labs Forum

Why no xp in lost PVP battle?

I suggest to give xp to the loosing side in PvP battles as well. As it is, the winner takes it all and the looser standing small, even without earning xp in a PvP battle, the system in my opinion ecourages people to level the knowledge slots of their ships in PvE instead.

I would even like to see to in crease the xp earned in PvP compared to PvE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vazco said:

Maybe something was changed, however from what I remember you get xp also when you don't sink the enemy

XP is based off damaged done in battle no matter if you win or loose.  Marks are based off Assist and Kills.  If your not getting XP in a battle is cause your not doing any damage to the other team or doing better little. 

OP can you show some screen shots where you didn't get any XP an lost the battle?

I know this very firmly as when we had the wipe I fought tooth and nail on testbed and after to get it returned cause we use to not have XP for damage and I thought it was unfair to the little guys that helped in battle but might not got any assist and/or kills or lost the fight.  If your not getting XP I would say do an F11 and make a screen shot and post it on here.

Also PvP rewards are x bonus vs PvE rewards so if you fight a PvP battle against the same type of ship as PvE you would get more xp in the PvP.   If your not getting XP than you prob didn't do much damage.  Remember your shots have to pen and just shooting sails doesn't give you a lot of damage, but should give you some any way.

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I know this very firmly as when we had the wipe I fought tooth and nail on testbed and after to get it returned cause we use to not have XP for damage and I thought it was unfair to the little guys that helped in battle but might not got any assist and/or kills or lost the fight.  If your not getting XP I would say do an F11 and make a screen shot and post it on here.

XP for fighting indeed returned - thanks for that fight on the forum. We were somewhat blindsided by unnecessary hardcordness. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

I suggest to give xp to the loosing side in PvP battles as well. As it is, the winner takes it all and the looser standing small, even without earning xp in a PvP battle, the system in my opinion ecourages people to level the knowledge slots of their ships in PvE instead.

I would even like to see to in crease the xp earned in PvP compared to PvE

XP is given for damage - there is no bonus or penalty for sinking. 
Money is a different story - we still try to hold on to the old privateer saying "no prey no pay" 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Suppenkelle said:

Will do a screenshot next time. Wasn’t PvP zone but an ow battle, though. Dealing a considerable amount of damage though, not just shooting sails. 

If it seems to be just a bug I’ll report next time, no problem. 

Also remember you don’t get the reward until the last person leaves the battle so it might of came a bit later as some one could stay in battle up to 15 mins aft r it was over.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Money is a different story - we still try to hold on to the old privateer saying "no prey no pay" 

This is actually the first time I read why you don't give reward for losers.

Many times asked feature to give something for losers? Maybe some FAQ for your decisions, as this makes much more sense now.

I like the phrase as well but yeah, many players, even many winners feel like that it is sad if losers are not motivated to come back. If you have ever read any game development theories, you will notice that one big question is how to motivate losers to play more. Everyone cannot win but you need them playing. Winners will always come back as winning and having fun is simply winning and having fun.

A player who is sinking nubs now, may demotivate nubs. They leave the game after trying some time, this is bad. When all nubs are gone there are "no prey no pay". At the same time the player who has been having fun sinking nubs may actually be the most nub player. He starts to lose his fights as he is now the most nub player and this demotivates him and he leaves the game.

Lighter economy could help here. The most common reason to quit I know is, "Really good PvP game but has now too much craft and trade".

You can say "RideZ once again with shitty ideas" but I am sure you can google plenty from the subject. The phrase is good but it is a game your are making.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

This is actually the first time I read why you don't give reward for losers.

Many times asked feature to give something for losers? Maybe some FAQ for your decisions, as this makes much more sense now.

I like the phrase as well but yeah, many players, even many winners feel like that it is sad if losers are not motivated to come back. If you have ever read any game development theories, you will notice that one big question is how to motivate losers to play more. Everyone cannot win but you need them playing. Winners will always come back as winning and having fun is simply winning and having fun.

A player who is sinking nubs now, may demotivate nubs. They leave the game after trying some time, this is bad. When all nubs are gone there are "no prey no pay". At the same time the player who has been having fun sinking nubs may actually be the most nub player. He starts to lose his fights as he is now the most nub player and this demotivates him and he leaves the game.

Lighter economy could help here. The most common reason to quit I know is, "Really good PvP game but has now too much craft and trade".

You can say "RideZ once again with shitty ideas" but I am sure you can google plenty from the subject. The phrase is good but it is a game your are making.

^^I tottaly agree @admin if this game continues with this approach you call "no prey no pay" game will lose players even further becouse you want people to go out and do PvP yet you are unwilling too admit that reward system currently in use discurages loser from  doing PvP so they hide in green zones and do PvE and now you seek varous ways too force players out too do PvP.

Instead of directing your time and money into more needed stuff like content you bother with PvP zone and new missions seeking ways too force people into PvP while fixing reward system would be easier plus people will be still more willing too PvP again if they are rewarded for fighting instead of just running away plus hiding in green zones this will also fix issues of newbies being ganked at Capitals

4 hours ago, admin said:

XP is given for damage - there is no bonus or penalty for sinking. 

Experience is fairly useless to a player that has reached top rank. Sure it’s used to unbox a ship but when that is complete, experience is completely useless. 

So as a Rear Admiral I see an Enemy fleet of four Bellonas outside my Capital. If I join a team and go fight them I can spend 90 minutes of my real life time, and if none of the Enemy sink, then I get nothing for my time. That is a very bad deal. Now all of you hardcore players can say that we suck if we cannot sink one. You are right. There is a scale of skill in every game. Some on top, and some on bottom. 

The reason the ones on bottom continue to play is because they get a reward for time spent. Currently with Naval Action, the way the Capital Raiders play you are more likely to waste 90 minutes of your life in a running battle that you get zero rewards for doing. Bad. Very bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Crusty said:

Experience is fairly useless to a player that has reached top rank. Sure it’s used to unbox a ship but when that is complete, experience is completely useless. 

So as a Rear Admiral I see an Enemy fleet of four Bellonas outside my Capital. If I join a team and go fight them I can spend 90 minutes of my real life time, and if none of the Enemy sink, then I get nothing for my time. That is a very bad deal. Now all of you hardcore players can say that we suck if we cannot sink one. You are right. There is a scale of skill in every game. Some on top, and some on bottom. 

The reason the ones on bottom continue to play is because they get a reward for time spent. Currently with Naval Action, the way the Capital Raiders play you are more likely to waste 90 minutes of your life in a running battle that you get zero rewards for doing. Bad. Very bad.

So how much xp do you want for 90 minutes of not catching a ship?

Rule number #1. Any capital raiders are going to be very fast builds, you need a fast ship and a good tag to bring them down. You'll know in the first ten minutes whether or not you're going to catch your target, otherwise, cut them loose and build a net outside to retag. If they can't be retagged because they can get into port, then save yourself 90 minutes and leave (leave as a group so they don't turn on the last man). It is not worth chasing just because you can keep them tagged with your bow chasers.

20 minutes ago, Rabman said:

So how much xp do you want for 90 minutes of not catching a ship?

Rule number #1. Any capital raiders are going to be very fast builds, you need a fast ship and a good tag to bring them down. You'll know in the first ten minutes whether or not you're going to catch your target, otherwise, cut them loose and build a net outside to retag. If they can't be retagged because they can get into port, then save yourself 90 minutes and leave (leave as a group so they don't turn on the last man). It is not worth chasing just because you can keep them tagged with your bow chasers.

You completely miss and ignore the point

7 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

You completely miss and ignore the point

I suppose anything is possible, care to elaborate on how?

No one should be rewarded for no action. Action being cutting sails, killing crew or shooting armor. Exp is useless at cap, this is applicable in all games where there is a cap, was there something hidden in your post indicating some sort of prestige system after cap that I missed? It looks like more complaining about the reward system not rewarding people for wasting their time.

1 minute ago, Rabman said:

I suppose anything is possible, care to elaborate on how?

No one should be rewarded for no action. Action being cutting sails, killing crew or shooting armor. Exp is useless at cap, this is applicable in all games where there is a cap, was there something hidden in your post indicating some sort of prestige system after cap that I missed? It looks like more complaining about the reward system not rewarding people for wasting their time.

thats the whole point if loser criples the enemy and loses he will not be rewarded at all

2 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

thats the whole point if loser criples the enemy and loses he will not be rewarded at all

So then its about rolling back to the old reward system? Personally I don't have a problem with not earning gold or marks for not securing a kill or assist. I also have no issue with a guy getting some gold after having done some damage to the enemy and the enemy getting away. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rabman said:

So then its about rolling back to the old reward system? Personally I don't have a problem with not earning gold or marks for not securing a kill or assist. I also have no issue with a guy getting some gold after having done some damage to the enemy and the enemy getting away. 

Yes gold reward should be damage wise not win or loss, but winner recives bonus on end if he wins and ship if he decides too capture her

• Like 1

Humungous. I think the more odds you beat and win the bigger the reward. Like a captain that beats 3 ships on his own will get some hefty fat rewards.

The guy that simply steam rolls the AI in missions... gets proportionate to the risk he has taken.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2018 at 10:29 AM, admin said:

I'm completely happy with this and actually like the "no prey no pay" attitude. Nobody's really poor in this game.

Thx for answering.