Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hethwill

Battle Ratings ( post DLC )

Recommended Posts

I hereby suggest the following:

- that the 80BR limit that separates the shallow PB from the deep water PB to be raised to 160BR

- that the most powerful ship able to enter shallow PB to be 160BR and all others to be addressed accordingly, mainly Heavy Rattlesnake and Prince, not to share the exact same BR as the Xebec. Traders to be accommodated under their warlike counterparts.

- that the deep water ships increase in BR equivalent to 1/3 of their present value. So a 200 BR ship becomes a 266BR ship. And so on, such as a 600BR ships becomes 798BR.

- that no port PB BR to be touched.

Any suggestions for the BRs up to 160 value more than welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

imagine shallow ships would have the BR range of 0-200

All other ships get their BR lifted accordingly and deep water BRs as well so they stay the same.

Xebec could be 200BR

Hrattle could be 180BR

Prince could be 140BR

Privateer could be 90BR

etc

keep shallow portbattle BR limits  and suddenly they would make fun again. (in the sense of to not exclude non dlc owners)

200 or 160 ok lets not talk about that.

But in my opinion deepwater portbattle BR should be changed accordingly because its working whats not working is shallow pbs because of the small br range 0-80

 

 

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just out of curiousity what BR would be needed to make a ship able to tag a 1st on it's own?  :)

I think perhaps this is also a factor why people are so happy to have their 6th BR increased. 😂

I don't mind either way, but thought should point this out.

 

 

Edited by Dibbler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What to set the BR rating of a ship should only have one consideration. The power of the ship.

The ability to enter a port battle should have only one consideration. Is the ship a shallow water ship or deep water ship? That is it.

If a third rate ship is a horrible piece of junk, it might have a BR of 250. If a Le Requin has 350 crew, it might have a BR of 225. All that should matter to BR and PvP rewards is the power of the ship.

Edited by Old Crusty
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shallow draft ship can navigate the deep waters... 😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill the Harmless said:

A shallow draft ship can navigate the deep waters... 😎

We need storms andf watch Requin players rage they were capsized and sank by a storm😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun facts

  • There are 76 unique values of port BR
  • There are 50 unique values of deep and 26 of shallow port BR.

Unique values of port BR

 
Deep Shallow
2520 1050
2550 1060
2570 1070
2600 1080
2620 1090
2640 1100
2670 1110
2690 1120
2720 1130
2740 1140
2760 1150
5040 2120
5090 2140
5140 2160
5190 2180
5240 2220
5280 2240
5330 2260
5380 2280
5430 2300
5480 2630
5520 2730
7560 2750
7640 2780
7710 2830
7780 2850
7850  
7920  
8000  
8070  
8140  
8210  
8280  
10080  
10180  
10280  
10370  
10470  
10560  
10660  
10760  
10850  
10950  
11040  
11550  
11770  
12100  
12320  
12430  
12650  
Edited by qw569
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lovec1990 said:

We need storms andf watch Requin players rage they were capsized and sank by a storm😁

You mean all ships, right ?... seriously... stop making the xebec rig something she isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

You mean all ships, right ?... seriously... stop making the xebec rig something she isn't.

Yes all ship can be sank but requin is more open and small so storm will wreck him faster it will be smart for small ship too not cross open sea where storms will be common

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic says...

Shallow ships can enter shallow PB

All ships can enter deep water PB

Why 80 BR is the entry factor for port battles? It was all set because of Mortar Brig... Was it logical choice? 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

Yes all ship can be sank but requin is more open and small so storm will wreck him faster it will be smart for small ship too not cross open sea where storms will be common

Wonder how they crossed the north atlantic and raided iceland, how they nailed and held a fortress for 5 years in british waters, how they even went north sea... Right'oh...

Stick to the BR, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Santa Cecilia would never EVER be sunk by a storm, though...  Its magic, but average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I hereby suggest the following:

- that the 80BR limit that separates the shallow PB from the deep water PB to be raised to 160BR

- that the most powerful ship able to enter shallow PB to be 160BR and all others to be addressed accordingly, mainly Heavy Rattlesnake and Prince, not to share the exact same BR as the Xebec. Traders to be accommodated under their warlike counterparts.

- that the deep water ships increase in BR equivalent to 1/3 of their present value. So a 200 BR ship becomes a 266BR ship. And so on, such as a 600BR ships becomes 798BR.

- that no port PB BR to be touched.

Any suggestions for the BRs up to 160 value more than welcome.

This might work.

Another possible solution would be that in order to capture a circle in a PB, you must have 2x the BR in that circle than your enemy. A lone anything could do it but a medium sized frigate would take the circle from the enemy. It would force more combat in PB perhaps...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure. Make a suggestion about it.

About BR, not map layout and conquest objectives.

Thank you :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Farrago said:

This might work.

Another possible solution would be that in order to capture a circle in a PB, you must have 2x the BR in that circle than your enemy. A lone anything could do it but a medium sized frigate would take the circle from the enemy. It would force more combat in PB perhaps...

With people asking to increase xebec br wouldn't that be counterproductive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make on main circle ratio*2 as the two other circle look a way to make lineship battle more important as shallow battle in deep water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see an issue with BR for shallows other than two ships.  We all know what two ships.  They should be around 140-160 BR and both 5th rates left out of shallow waters but still able to enter deep waters to take light frigate rolls in PB.  Keeping the 80 BR for the Mortar Brig game that can play in both or if some one wants to bring in a light ship to deep they can.

Devs already screwed up BR just about every time they touch it so let’s. It make it more compkicat e than the current system that works.

16 hours ago, qw569 said:

Fun facts

  • There are 76 unique values of port BR
  • There are 50 unique values of deep and 26 of shallow port BR.

Unique values of port BR

  Hide contents
Deep Shallow
2520 1050
2550 1060
2570 1070
2600 1080
2620 1090
2640 1100
2670 1110
2690 1120
2720 1130
2740 1140
2760 1150
5040 2120
5090 2140
5140 2160
5190 2180
5240 2220
5280 2240
5330 2260
5380 2280
5430 2300
5480 2630
5520 2730
7560 2750
7640 2780
7710 2830
7780 2850
7850  
7920  
8000  
8070  
8140  
8210  
8280  
10080  
10180  
10280  
10370  
10470  
10560  
10660  
10760  
10850  
10950  
11040  
11550  
11770  
12100  
12320  
12430  
12650  

I wonder what the port break down of that mainly in the deep water.  How many 5k ports how many 7k and so forth.  Seems very few have big BR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The higher the stakes the more varied the hands.

Meta fleets will always exist, but the more pressure on the "order of battle" the more variety there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The smarter solution would be to limit PBs by rates, not by BRs. Then we could give the Requin a significantly higher rating and also balance out all those 80BR ships... i mean, Brig and RSH have the same BR, and the only reason for this is the shallow PB 80BR limit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Havelock said:

The smarter solution would be to limit PBs by rates, not by BRs. Then we could give the Requin a significantly higher rating and also balance out all those 80BR ships... i mean, Brig and RSH have the same BR, and the only reason for this is the shallow PB 80BR limit.

why would anyone use a pickle or big vs an Hrattle? how many ships can you get in more 2 or 3? Changes like that just change the ship meta. Shallow pbs really need a rework. And one flaw is the small BR range which always favors the meta ship. Nerf one meta ship out and you get the next. Its like an hydra.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no... not again the 3 tier PBs.... :( please ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a lot of "artistic liberties" with this one, but it's a start! BR is based on Wiki and my memory, so it's guaranteed to have some mistakes in it. 

Ship BR now 160 limit Deep *1.3
Lynx 45 40 40
Basic Cutter 50 30 30
Cutter 50 30 30
Privateer 55 55 55
Pickle 60 60 60
Brig 80 80 80
Prince de Neufchatel 80 80 80
Snow 80 80 80
Navy Brig 80 100 100
Rattlesnake Heavy 80 110 110
Mercury 80 110 110
Niagara 80 120 120
Mortar Brig 80 80 80
Le Requin 80 150 150
Hercules 100 160 160
Cerberus 140 140 180
Renommee 150 150 195
Surprise 155 155 200
Frigate 175 175 230
Pirate Frigate 180 180 235
Belle Poule 185 185 240
L'Hermione 190 190 245
Essex 200 200 260
Trincomalee 230 230 300
Endymion 235 235 305
Indefatigable 250 250 325
Ingermanland 275 275 360
Wapen von Hamburg 285 285 370
Constitution 290 290 375
Agamemnon 300 300 390
Wasa 305 305 395
3rd Rate 355 355 460
Bellona 365 365 475
St. Pavel 395 395 515
Bucentaure 450 450 585
Victory 515 515 670
L'Ocean 580 580 755
Santisima 605 605 785

 

 

 

 

Edited by Tiedemann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tiedemann

Why should hrattle and merc have the same BR? Why is Niagara only 10BR better than merc and Hrattle? Why prince is worse than navy brig? Why only 10BR difference between Herc and xebec? etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

@Tiedemann

Why should hrattle and merc have the same BR? Why is Niagara only 10BR better than merc and Hrattle? Why prince is worse than navy brig? Why only 10BR difference between Herc and xebec? etc?

"Artistic liberties" = my partial opinion. This is not based on anything except my opinion right here and now. It changes every minute, so if you expect some well thought formula considering dps, crew and speed then go make your own spreadsheet! 😆 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...