Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle 1 hour early entry window for attackers

4 hours ago, dark lord rediii said:

I still think improved flags would be better than hosti TBH

I disagree. The flag system was terrible! 1-3 hour notice for a port battle is not enough. If you don't have enough players, you do not defend = empty port battles. So this favors the nations with the most players. I like the current hostility system. If you want PvP withing the hour go try to flipp a strong nations favorite port. They will try to counter attack you in the hostility missions.

If flags return I hope it is connected to Raiding ports, and not capturing them. 

30 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

I disagree. The flag system was terrible! 1-3 hour notice for a port battle is not enough. If you don't have enough players, you do not defend = empty port battles. So this favors the nations with the most players. I like the current hostility system. If you want PvP withing the hour go try to flipp a strong nations favorite port. They will try to counter attack you in the hostility missions.

If flags return I hope it is connected to Raiding ports, and not capturing them. 

back to the capture window. If a capture was 1 day and not 1 hour flags would work. I never saw RVR as a quick fix for pvp whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

I never saw RVR as a quick fix for pvp whatsoever. 

It is when there's no "middle". When there's no operational level because high seas loss and total safety.

The bar has been pushed toward it for a long time. Small "nations" had plenty of chance to face off big empire by deploying corsairs, both IRL and in game, but hey we couldn't have that, so lobby as much as possible to protect everything.

RvR is eesential, it is the end of the line but NOT at the cost of everything else. When a RvR ship worth of materials is stolen in the high seas, that is proper. It is the small nation way. Now ? No real point. Warehouses full of stuff for an eternity, all produced within total safety - how dare those pesky gits face us off with their guerrilla raids... "newcomers" need protection !!!!

Noe, "we need 1 hour" because we want to protect small nations...

...right...right...

RvR must be the big battle "end game" but please, not at the expense of all the other age of sail experience.

• Like 3

I guess the idea does make sense since realistically you wouldnt know the exact time of an attack and prepare for it (which we currently have).

1 hour join window would simulate that a bit. Probably wont see the same amount of screeners we got now, as the attacking fleet wont be on a silver plate anymore with an inbuilt cooking timer to know the exact al dente point to go at them.

But probably also has to do with the fact that defending in general is way more convenient that attacking. Grinding 4 missions for each port battle a day earlier, and then having to sail there again... Too much effort at the moment I think.

1 hour join window would simulate that a bit. Probably wont see the same amount of screeners we got now, as the attacking fleet wont be on a silver plate anymore with an inbuilt cooking timer to know the exact al dente pointto go at them.

The USA had 3 port battles against the Prussians over the weekend and we faced screeners from 4 different Nations ouch!

2 port battles against the French with multi National screeners. I’m getting the feeling that the rest of the game has something against the USA

1 hour ago, Liq said:

But probably also has to do with the fact that defending in general is way more convenient that attacking. Grinding 4 missions for each port battle a day earlier, and then having to sail there again... Too much effort at the moment I think.

If you grind hostility against a strong RvR nation in their prime time there is a very high probability that you get PvP while doing the hostility missions. If the hostility grinders are successful in killing the defenders the PB will be set by a combination of PvE and PvP. If the Grinders/attackers are defeated, at least they got to shot at players.. :D 

But if you grind an enemy port that is far away from their normal outposts or you grinding against an nation that are not capable at gathering around 10 players to counter attack, then it will be as you described there.