Game-Labs Forum

special request

Can the devs consider to add Portugal to the game in the south east corner ?

Reasons:

- The south east corner of the map is not Brazil but is close.

- The south east corner of the map is the most boring part of the map in terms of pvp because the dutch/french alliance. 

- From a historical point of view the french, dutch and spanish are Portugal worse enemies so you can expect the Portugal faction to give life to the game in that corner.

- Portuguese language is the 5th or 6th most natively spoken language in the world , with approximately 215 to 220 million native speakers and 260 million total speakers. Mostly Portuguese and Brazilians.  So a portuguese faction would bring more players to the game.

- Portugal it was one of the biggest empires of the time . The portuguese navy at that time it was the fourth or fifth most powerful of the world.

In the links below you can read info ( in portuguese ) and see pictures, paints from ships used by the portuguese navy in late 18 century and beginning 19 century . 

http://marinhadeguerraportuguesa.blogspot.com/2013/04/navios-da-real-marinha-de-guerra.html    ( ships of the line )

http://marinhadeguerraportuguesa.blogspot.com/2011/01/navios-da-real-marinha-portuguesa-ii.html   ( frigates )

http://marinhadeguerraportuguesa.blogspot.com/2011/01/navios-da-real-marinha-de-guerra.html    ( brigantine )

http://marinhadeguerraportuguesa.blogspot.com/2011/09/navios-da-real-da-marinha-de-guerra.html  ( brigs)

Consider the fact Prussia was added to the game. Prussia didn't have a navy in 18 century. 

Poland  had a navy but was limited in actions to the Baltic sea. It is also in the game.

Portugal it was one of the biggest empires the world saw, it was the country that start the Age of exploration. We invented the caravels. We made 2000 tons carracks to sail around the world in a time before the invention of the Galleon. We were the first to reach japan. It was because the envy the other nations had when looking to Portugal riches in the XVI century they started to sail, explore and colonize the world.

How can Portugal not be in the game?

If you agree please support this idea in the comments. Thank you.

Edited by no one
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, no one said:

Can the devs consider to add Portugal to the game in the south east corner ? 

I approve of this message.  Permanent capital Santo Tome de Guayana.  Put a little life into this corner of the map.

Oh, and bring in the portuguese ship (Princesa?), pretty please.  🤩

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 2

Unless we get have 1000+ players online at the same time there is no point in splitting the nations up even more imo. But to be honest I do not understand why Portuguese are not a nation in this game considering all the other nations we have.. 😐

On 7/27/2018 at 2:42 PM, Ellias said:

Dear developers, 

Want to make a suggestion about the safe zones.

There is no doubt that we need safes zone for new players. They simply need space and time to get into the game. However current huge safe zones around capitals do not provide that protection completely. They are still the main target for many players as a source for easy pvp marks. 

I would suggest creating a separate, neutral zone in the Gulf of Mexico, completely protected from PvP with basically ⅓ economy production to avoid economic exploit. This zone was never popular even when we had 1500 + players. Rarely anyone sails there and by map composition already serve as a very safe zone for French nation only. 

1978955411_SafeZzone.thumb.png.d2951ecd75f8d20615c60c79ff646ef9.png

Players start the game without pledging allegiance to any nation. They play, enjoy PvE content, learn and later on decide about their nation if they want to experience the next level. 

That being suggested you can put limits on how many ships we can dock on certain ports based on their size (importance). Not every port have the same size harbour. That way we can diversify strategic importance of ports even further, capitals having the biggest harbour.

Regards,

Elias

I made a suggestion about this zone recently. We can still push this idea.

+1 for Portugal, it will create a very nice triangle of events in the southeastern corner of the map.

Edited by Ellias
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Portugal should have been a Nation in game before Poland and Prussia. In the future I would love to see the Ottomans in game and different areas like the Baltic, North Sea, Mediterranean, and Indian Ocean.

I had thought in suggesting to add Europe to the game.

The players would get access to Europe by teleport areas in carribean east side in the sea. ( To not waste time sailing across the Atlantic ocean )

New factions.

Morrocco

Ottoman empire

Algeria pirates ( or just pirates )

Italian states:

- Venice

- Sicily

- Genoa

- Tuscany or papal states.

Portugal

Austrian-Hungary Empire

Maybe:

- Scotland

- Ireland

- Belgium 

The players would need to get important goods from Europe and bring them to the carribean and vice versa.

Parisian furniture, textile machinery, etc  from Europe.

Coffee, tobacco, sugar etc from the carribean.

This would create important trades routes that could be interesting places to pvp.

I just didn't create a post about this because I understand the game labs team is a small one and so very unlikely to see this in game.

• Like 2