Game-Labs Forum

I DEMAND to be able to turn survival on and mostly off when being boarded PLEASE,

it automatically turns on and has done since a certain patch early in the year. It is displeasing having my fireship ready to board and blow, then boom survival turns on, I mean on, not off, on..

furthermore and under more consideration in conclusion GIB ME THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF (please).

McBaity 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

I DEMAND to be able to turn survival on and mostly off when being boarded PLEASE,

it automatically turns on and has done since a certain patch early in the year. It is displeasing having my fireship ready to board and blow, then boom survival turns on, I mean on, not off, on..

furthermore and under more consideration in conclusion GIB ME THE ABILITY TO TURN OFF (please).

McBaity 

In theory true fireship were totally undercrewed,.filled of flammable / powder, aimed to the bulk of an enemy fleet. Blocked rudder and sail the ship was lighted and the crew leave the ship on a cutter.

This kind of fireship cant work in NA due to agility of all ships. So simply un-usable.

We can imagine that the crew abandons ship during the fireshock. But during a boarding a crew cant leave. So you cannot espect your crew to suicide making ship exploding during a boarding.

So sincerely totally I think not a good idea both realism wise (see above) and gameplay wise (pretty obviously exploit).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I DEMAND survival is not a toggle because survival is a humans basic instinct that you cannot just turn on or off. 

Although I used it last week to explode I agree. It is against all logic to expect your crew to suicide for you.

If you need a lot of crew in survival it means you fucked up somehow. Either you showed your belly too much and sustained some leaks (ok some people are just really accurate) or you are just shot to pieces and already sinking. So it should be a punishment that you must transfer crew into survival and so weaken your fire power and ability to sail and maneuver. Also I admit, that a fire is mostly random and often not really your fault.

Fireships were sent on a path toward an enemy in the hope of setting them alight not boarding an enemy then commiting suicide. 

Fireship crew left the ship prior to it exploding. Hence you turn it off while sailing and abandon ship.

This game tries to be realistic not arcady.

Edited by Crow

17 minutes ago, Crow said:

I also see turning survival off as abandon ship.

You know that the people in the world trade centers didn't jump to their deaths because they made a choice? The heat from the fire is so intense it pushes you away from it. There is no way you sailors would let a fire spread. There is no way a crew would abandon ship in the middle of the sea. You either drown because of exhaustion,  get eaten by whitetip sharks or freeze to death. 

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

You know that the people in the world trade centers didn't jump to their deaths because they made a choice? The heat from the fire is so intense it pushes you away from it. There is no way you sailors would let a fire spread. There is no way a crew would abandon ship in the middle of the sea. You either drown because of exhaustion,  get eaten by whitetip sharks or freeze to death. 

The greatest fear aboard any ship is fire, a major, out of control fire means nowhere to run, nowhere to hide except over the side, those who jumped from the WTC  were scared beyond reason, many seamen would react the same way. Certainly if it is believed the fire can be contained and extinguished the crew will remain to fight the fire, if not abandonment is the only option left to them. 

With regard to no crew would abandon ship in the middle of the sea I would remind you of the Marie Celeste, found abandoned for no apparent reason off of the Azores, to this day her abandonment has never been explained, nor will it ever be, there was no evidence of fire and with a cargo of Alcohol abandoning ship would be a logical step for her Master in that instance. It has been proposed that leakage from the Alcohol barrels prompted the abandonment for fear of an imminent explosion, however this is speculation, no hard and fast information was logged and no survivors were ever found to testify.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, Licinio Chiavari said:

In theory true fireship were totally undercrewed,.filled of flammable / powder, aimed to the bulk of an enemy fleet. Blocked rudder and sail the ship was lighted and the crew leave the ship on a cutter.

This kind of fireship cant work in NA due to agility of all ships. So simply un-usable.

We can imagine that the crew abandons ship during the fireshock. But during a boarding a crew cant leave. So you cannot espect your crew to suicide making ship exploding during a boarding.

So sincerely totally I think not a good idea both realism wise (see above) and gameplay wise (pretty obviously exploit).

I expect ALL crew members to attack large bags of cannons and nails to them prior to explosion

• Like 1