Game-Labs Forum
admin

Development plans for the H2 2018

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

1 minute ago, Rob said:

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

I say buy it.  If you are a fan of the era and don't mind a steep learning curve.  One of the big criticisms that we are seeing right now is that new players are getting bludgeoned right out of the gate, but get some good advice and join up with others and you'll be fine.  I'd recommend starting out on the "Peace" server (no PVP).  Spend a few days or a week learning the ropes then cut over to PVP (War Server) if you've a mind.  See you in my gun sights!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'd buy and at least spend enough time in it to have all the basics down for when it releases, plus some experience in battle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob said:

It is a very difficult game to learn, with lots of undocumented stuff you can only learn about by doing it.  It's better start learning now rather than later.  Release is many months away.  The game economy is still untested and unstable.  If nothing else you can master the tutorials now and not have to waste time on that later on. 

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob said:

It depends what you want.  Good answers above though.

You may want to wait if you; want balanced competitive PvP fast and often, get frustrated if you cannot level up to a top rank in a few days, are easily imprisoned in a game if can't accept  loss, are impatient to craft or buy the very best ships very quickly, hate sailing for more than 40 min, demand magic teleportation, or want developers to change the game when you complain.

But if you; like games with beautiful graphics, enjoy sailing, are willing to lose everything you earn, are prepared to start over when there is a wipe, want to immerse yourself in a virtual world that takes more than 4hrs to traverse, and like meeting new friendly people (and some rude gamers) ... Then buy it.

Oh and as a bonus there are some naval battles.

• Like 1

lol

players: "zomg! We need to know what's happening! You gotta keep us updated!"

admin: ...

players: "@AAAAaaadmiiiiiiiiiin!"

admin ..."guys, I'm busy doing actual things..."

players: "@AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!"

admin: ...

admin: (posts development plans)

On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ganking Simulator said:

@admin Why even post development plans if you dont post any updates about delays? Its just pointless really

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Sorry, wont ask for crazy stuff like patch notes anymore

You don't even have to ask, they put up notes for all patches. Some minor hotfixes come unannounced, but I don't see why we should get our panties in a bunch over that.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, jodgi said:

You don't even have to ask, they put up notes for all patches.

You clearly don't play the game much any more if you haven't noticed very significant changes to RoE, timers, etc. all of which have come without a whiff of a patch note in the last week.  So, ignorance aside, there's plenty here as testers to moan about...

2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Why that assumption?

Because you seem to be unaware of the major changes affecting open world PvP that have been unaccompanied by any form of patch notes or updates on the changes? Unless you're characterizing RoE changes as "minor," in which case you're just being disingenuous?

23 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Unless you're characterizing RoE changes as "minor,"

No... No, no, no. Definitely not.

I was part of the campaign asking for short timers two years ago.

I dunno... I just don't want to be part of the pitchforks and torches gang whenever admin doesn't tell us EVERYTHING. Besides, he's said notes will come later. I'm fine with that, truly am... And I've been through this no info - plenty info quite a few times now.

I could document my NA time and thus my eligibility to comment and you could do the same. I mean prove by third party witnesses.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I could document my NA time and thus my eligibility to comment and you could do the same. I mean prove by third party witnesses.

Sorry, I apologize for being short.. I know we both have been through the ups and downs of this game and certainly have rights to our opinions. But my patience is growing very thin with the development patterns, swings of the pendulum with the mechanics, and lack of focus on players/testers and better mechanics/content in favor of silly whims and bad information that we are increasingly being exposed to... all the while the population declines even faster.

It's just sad stuff and excusing those decisions or being complicit in them isn't something I think we should do.

• Like 2

I am playing PvP. I would also like to go and play PvE.

Would anyone please tell me, if I put in a player name and nation in PvE, will I lose my name and nation in PvP? Or, will I have two different names and nations (or the same), one in PvP and one in PvE?

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Dont tell me I have to do the tutorial on both! Do you? @Aster

Tutorial is tied to account, so if you did it on PVE server, you have the rank on PVP server.  Kinda sucks, because you cant get all those great rewards on both

• Like 1