Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Voi_Ta said:

Selling dlc ships is never good idea. It ruins economy, you just redeem ship a day, trash it and continue. Full lot pho is about the anxiety of losing something you worked for. Let them sell paints.

The peanuts you make for selling a Herc is meaningless.  You can get ten times that from one TBrig run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello captains. Here is a small update on the development plans for the next 6 months.  Dates are not final and might move around August: While we are are still working on the UI patch - we

conquest flag was active only for 1 hour. So you could not just take it and sail to another part of the map to capture the city.  Hostility mission design can be changed so they only are provided on

How did you get to the conlcusion that this is a good idea? Ship loss, using own ships with perhaps insane modded ships (elite upgrades, gold ships, ...), and big prizes Will lead to a lot o

1 hour ago, Voi_Ta said:

Selling dlc ships is never good idea. It ruins economy, you just redeem ship a day, trash it and continue. Full lot pho is about the anxiety of losing something you worked for. Let them sell paints.

Firsthly DLC ships cannot ruin something already ruined by alts secondly fear of costly loss couses players to stay in green zones and attack AI.

I belive insurance we are getting may fix issue of fear of loss plus better crafting may couse players to PvP more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

I belive insurance we are getting may fix issue of fear of loss plus better crafting may couse players to PvP more.

I dont belive Insurance will change anything. 

I can remember times where Players get at least gold and xp for done damage. But devs where saying it brings to much gold in the game. Now we get some xp even if we fight your butt off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jim Beamreach said:

I dont belive Insurance will change anything. 

Insurance is a very positive move by NA to increase ship turn around, together with the testbed crafting materials only system, there going to be alot more ships/players in OW.

Most players will no longer fear losing their ship and take up the fight, we might even see some good player retention come out from this.

Players will be able to quickly rebuild their fleets over and over again and take them right back out into battle.

How can quicker ship turn around not change anything? 

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Insurance is a very positive move by NA to increase ship turn around, together with the testbed crafting materials only system, there going to be alot more ships/players in OW.

Most players will no longer fear losing their ship and take up the fight, we might even see some good player retention come out from this.

Players will be able to quickly rebuild their fleets over and over again and take them right back out into battle.

How can quicker ship turn around not change anything? How can it not be good for pop and the game in general?

Why do we not go back to gold for done damage? Like it was befor wipe. Woud be not so complicate. I have brought up this some time ago. 

Give players a small reward for participating in a battle even if they lose. Gold for done Damage and Xp and if it is from PvP a Mark like in the Patrolzone.

Reaction was more like go away with this if someone lose then he loses and shoud not get rewarded for losing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jim Beamreach said:

Why do we not go back to gold for done damage? Like it was befor wipe. Woud be not so complicate. I have brought up this some time ago. 

Give players a small reward for participating in a battle even if they lose. Gold for done Damage and Xp and if it is from PvP a Mark like in the Patrolzone.

Reaction was more like go away with this if someone lose then he loses and shoud not get rewarded for losing.

In early access developers test various things, even if it’s not so obvious to us what they actually testing, to us it makes sense for battle damage to be rewarded for all action, would most likely return. But they do have to balance RvR, this is not easy nor does RvR mechanics make any sense either! so somewhere blowing in the wind is the answer my friend.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Beamreach said:

Why do we not go back to gold for done damage? Like it was befor wipe. Woud be not so complicate. I have brought up this some time ago. 

Give players a small reward for participating in a battle even if they lose. Gold for done Damage and Xp and if it is from PvP a Mark like in the Patrolzone.

Reaction was more like go away with this if someone lose then he loses and shoud not get rewarded for losing.

insurance is better solution at least most of deafult mats cost will be returned so you  can craft new ship again relertively fast

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

so basicaly after insurance introduction if you have felling enemy will win you just turn off surivival better to explode/sink than get capped

even worse, you will basically see every abuse we had with basic cutters now with big 'trash'-ships. There is a reason basic cutters can't do pvp anymore...

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

even worse, you will basically see every abuse we had with basic cutters now with big 'trash'-ships. There is a reason basic cutters can't do pvp anymore...

not really cannons still cost gold,but people will be more daring/suicidal in tactics

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Sir texas, update your #

Hell the other day was the first time I been on in a week....Pathfinder:Kingdommaker kinda distracted me....I'm an old school D&D nut.

Though I do need to come up with a new one, since well September is over.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I nominate, #WhenOctobeardIsShaved

Are you trying to say I need to start no shave November early?   Which normally tends to mean I grow a beard out until around spring break time lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for teasing us with test server and showing us, that patch is already ready, and thank you for not realizing it. Don’t know about other community, but I’ve myself returned to the game only in hope you realize patch. And guess what? There is no patch and no any information about it from developers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Rob said:

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

I say buy it.  If you are a fan of the era and don't mind a steep learning curve.  One of the big criticisms that we are seeing right now is that new players are getting bludgeoned right out of the gate, but get some good advice and join up with others and you'll be fine.  I'd recommend starting out on the "Peace" server (no PVP).  Spend a few days or a week learning the ropes then cut over to PVP (War Server) if you've a mind.  See you in my gun sights!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rob said:

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

I'd buy and at least spend enough time in it to have all the basics down for when it releases, plus some experience in battle. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

It is a very difficult game to learn, with lots of undocumented stuff you can only learn about by doing it.  It's better start learning now rather than later.  Release is many months away.  The game economy is still untested and unstable.  If nothing else you can master the tutorials now and not have to waste time on that later on. 

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rob said:

So, Naval Action is on sale on steam. Who would recommend me buying this game? Or should I wait for the release?

It depends what you want.  Good answers above though.

You may want to wait if you; want balanced competitive PvP fast and often, get frustrated if you cannot level up to a top rank in a few days, are easily imprisoned in a game if can't accept  loss, are impatient to craft or buy the very best ships very quickly, hate sailing for more than 40 min, demand magic teleportation, or want developers to change the game when you complain.

But if you; like games with beautiful graphics, enjoy sailing, are willing to lose everything you earn, are prepared to start over when there is a wipe, want to immerse yourself in a virtual world that takes more than 4hrs to traverse, and like meeting new friendly people (and some rude gamers) ... Then buy it.

Oh and as a bonus there are some naval battles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

players: "zomg! We need to know what's happening! You gotta keep us updated!"

admin: ...

players: "@AAAAaaadmiiiiiiiiiin!"

admin ..."guys, I'm busy doing actual things..."

players: "@AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!"

admin: ...

admin: (posts development plans)

On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ganking Simulator said:

@admin Why even post development plans if you dont post any updates about delays? Its just pointless really

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Sorry, wont ask for crazy stuff like patch notes anymore

You don't even have to ask, they put up notes for all patches. Some minor hotfixes come unannounced, but I don't see why we should get our panties in a bunch over that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...