Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roronoa

Fireship green on green?

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

yesterday on the nassau pvp patrol area we had a battle, when suddenly a british captain (MDonnergott Catatafish) who was on our side decided to fireship. With this decision he managed to explode and killed 5 ships on our side.

323AACDA1181E8ED54D766DC6E9DBBD5C5F01711

Unfortunately this screenshot is all i have. As you can see the danes on the right side have no kills and there was no boarding, so all of the captured ones were killed by the fireship. Two of the danes who got killed by the fireship were close to sink anyway, i see no reason, why he would fireship. Also he is writing "BOOOOOM" in the chat, which might prove that he fireshipped. I dont know if he did it intended or just thought "yolo". I know most of us had DLC ships, but still we did put upgrades in it, payed for carros and repairs and i even had a 4/5 ship.

The reason why this is in support and not in tribunal is because i dont know if this is tribunal worthy.

Edited by Sith Overlord Roronoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

Hi everybody,

yesterday on the nassau pvp patrol area we had a battle, when suddenly a british captain (MDonnergott Catatafish) who was on our side decided to fireship. With this decision he managed to explode and killed 5 ships on our side.

323AACDA1181E8ED54D766DC6E9DBBD5C5F01711

Unfortunately this screenshot is all i have. As you can see the danes on the right side have no kills and there was no boarding, so all of the captured ones were killed by the fireship. Two of the danes who got killed by the fire were close to sink anyway, i see no reason, why he would fireship. Also he is writing "BOOOOOM" in the chat, which might prove that he fireshipped. I dont know if he did it intended or just thought "yolo". I know most of us had DLC ships, but still we did put upgrades in it, payed for carros and repairs and i even had a 4/5 ship.

The reason why this is in support and not in tribunal is because i dont know if this is tribunal worthy.

Fire shiping is fun besides you kinda see fire its better too stay away from it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Fire shiping is fun besides you kinda see fire its better too stay away from it

I saw, that he was on fire but didnt noticed when he got into fireshock, because i didnt looked at him as i was busy aiming and stuff. I never thought he would turn of survival in that situation, because as i said there were 3 danes left and 2 of them were close to sink, the explosion was kinda a surprise for me and i thought it was an enemy, before i realized what really happend.

Edited by Sith Overlord Roronoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he turn survival off ?

Just a rhethorical question really. Same situation happened in PBs before and didn't see any tribunals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in that battle and to was a bit surpriced. We had killed TBA. Just needed him to sink. So I was a bit annoyed, when I died. But there must be some fault, because after the fight in combat need it said @Assassinhad killed 2 guys and I 2 guy. He got 15 PvP mark and gIt 5. But how is it posible if we didn’t have a kill ore assist?

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, staun said:

He got 15 PvP mark and gIt 5. But how is it posible if we didn’t have a kill ore assist?

As far as i know, when a ship is a victim of an explosion it is captured because all the crew dies. Then the ships keeps sinking slowly, after that the one who made the most damage gets the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did have two trinc blown from under me all of the sudden and with survival on :) really depends on the fire spread and how fast it can detonate the gunpowder magazines.

Also each gun has gunpowder, so possibility of catching fire is there but no idea if the propagation of fire can ignite additional fires as it engulfs gun positions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

As far as i know, when a ship is a victim of an explosion it is captured because all the crew dies. Then the ships keeps sinking slowly, after that the one who made the most damage gets the kill.

So if the survivers have left fast enough, the ships might not have sunk, and then no kills either? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, staun said:

So if the survivers have left fast enough, the ships might not have sunk, and then no kills either?

I think so, yes.

Edit: I think its like if you board someone but dont sink the ship.

Edited by Sith Overlord Roronoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If 'MDonnergott Catatafish' was Crew Shocked; the situation may have been completely out of his control.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - But would have been nice of him to have warned you guys so at the very least you could've braced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, staun said:

So if the survivers have left fast enough, the ships might not have sunk, and then no kills either? 

 

Yes, but you need crew on your ship.

21 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

I did have two trinc blown from under me all of the sudden and with survival on :) really depends on the fire spread and how fast it can detonate the gunpowder magazines.

Also each gun has gunpowder, so possibility of catching fire is there but no idea if the propagation of fire can ignite additional fires as it engulfs gun positions.

 

He said "boom" in chat, shows his intentions and that it was planned action, not "accidental" rare magazine explosion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Percival Merewether said:

If 'MDonnergott Catatafish' was Crew Shocked; the situation may have been completely out of his control.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - But would have been nice of him to have warned you guys so at the very least you could've braced.

You need at least 2 crew shocks one after another or in most cases 3 crew shocks in a row for explosion to occur. That's very rare to happen and probably not our case as Danes were focused with ball trying to actually kill enemy ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said Boom before or after explosion that is important. I fireshiped yesterday, with wood resistant to fire, turn survival off, I did not see fireshock, there was a sudden explosion, I had some  and hp left before explosion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AeRoTR said:

He said Boom before or after explosion that is important. I fireshiped yesterday, with wood resistant to fire, turn survival off, I did not see fireshock, there was a sudden explosion, I had some  and hp left before explosion.

Yes, but you turned off survival. That's the key factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

He said Boom before or after explosion that is important. I fireshiped yesterday, with wood resistant to fire, turn survival off, I did not see fireshock, there was a sudden explosion, I had some  and hp left before explosion.

reading chat it was after explosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

after a friendly fireshipped some battles before it turned out he gained a lot of dmg for the patrol mission that way.

So I decided to fit the Requin for maximum fire probability, fir trim+Grenades+Open Magazine Access+Pheonix Figure.

I joined the Russian side thinking it would be safer to live long enough to be able to explode.

My intention was to damage the danish ships as much as possible since friendly fire damage doesn't add to your patrol mission total damage done.

However it also happened that the russians were around me too, I personally don't feel bad about it but still wanted to clarify that I wasn't there just to kill "friendlies".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this video all i see is that you made green v gree cause you didnt care who you will damage, all you wanted was to explode. God dammit, its just a prove, that you are guilty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here you can see national flags  captains do not give a shit to other countries ships ...it should be forbidden to joint other country's battles 

lets discuss this

and keelhaul that captain and de-rank it ...

its a fucker action for the game  and should be banned for his entire naval carreer

repentance comes after sin

 

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

knip 

The reason why this is in support and not in tribunal is because i dont know if this is tribunal worthy.

5

yes, it is  a deliberate action, 

also, you are denying players to play the game as it is intended...

(we have seen this behavior before with the basic cutter in PB)

 

a simple solution would be that only same nation players can join same nation flag battles.

 

 

 

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thonys said:

here you can see national flags  captains do not give a shit to other countries ships ...it should be forbidden to joint other country's battles 

lets discuss this

and keelhaul that captain and de-rank it ...

 

So you want to create an exploit where two nations can "save their ships" hiding in a battle against each other like pirates and Spanish did two years before when the join timer was ridiculous short? No way...

Okay, two things to add. First, he did not hide with this. He brought up an entire video of the happening and told you what he was thinking about this when he did it. This is not done by someone who did not really means what he said. In that case, he would just have wait for some water down the river hoping no one would find that video or deleting it.

Second, he declared that his intention was to join the side with more ships so he can survive longer to get the Danish he did not join with the intention to bring down the Russians. However when he wasn't able to move anymore and reacted by laughing at what happened. Important to know about Donnergott is that he reacts anytime with laughter. He has a gift which I wish I would call my own for myself, he has fun and no salt about pixels. He is in a good mood when we lose a ship, you lose a ship and even when he is losing a ship. He is not greedy or something.

Conclusion:

  1. Intention about that action: try out a fireship
  2. Joining the stronger side so he would have time for doing so near the enemy
  3. Caught in fire shock nearby friendlies
  4. BOOOM
  5. Taking at more easy like the rest.

So there is no real Green on Green and normaly we "care" about the side we join when we join another country (However the two captains we joined last time did not   and left us for good while they ran away.... but that's another story). The only point left and discussable is no.5 and this is very specific. At the and and from your point of view all what's left is that he maybe was rude. But Green on Green? Nope ...

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ......

4 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

If 'MDonnergott Catatafish' was Crew Shocked; the situation may have been completely out of his control.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - But would have been nice of him to have warned you guys so at the very least you could've braced.

I retract this message after seeing that video.

2 hours ago, MDDonnergott said:

My intention was to damage the danish ships as much as possible since friendly fire damage doesn't add to your patrol mission total damage done.

However it also happened that the russians were around me too, I personally don't feel bad about it but still wanted to clarify that I wasn't there just to kill "friendlies".

I hope you're punished accordingly. You clearly wanted to do as much damage as possible with no care for those around you - you're bringing nothing positive to the fight and choose to limit the fun for others purely for your own amusement. You had plenty of time to state your intentions and warn your teammates, instead you deliberately do green-on-green whilst celebrating the destruction of your own team...

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Second, he declared that his intention was to join the side with more ships so he can survive longer to get the Danish he did not join with the intention to bring down the Russians. However when he wasn't able to move anymore and reacted by laughing at what happened. Important to know about Donnergott is that he reacts always like that. He has a gift which I wish I would call my own for myself, he has fun and no salt about pixels. He is in a good mood when we lose a ship, you lose a ship and even when he is losing a ship.

I take it you subscribe to the idea that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission then..?

If I'm in a battle with a bunch of friendlies and tell my mate across the table that I'm gonna blow up the enemy team as well as my own; does that qualify as stating my intent? Should I not tell the people who are actually fighting along side me as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I take it you subscribe to the idea that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission then..?

If I'm in a battle with a bunch of friendlies and tell my mate across the table that I'm gonna blow up the enemy team as well as my own; does that qualify as stating my intent? Should I not tell the people who are actually fighting along side me as well?

His intention was not to blow up everyone. So he was not able to tell everyone that he will kill everyone. All what's left are some maybes. Maybe he should have told his "team" that he is a fire ship, yes. And that is all. He was not intended to do Green on Green. I would say he was just thoughtless about that point because he was not overthinking about what this would cause.

Nevertheless, he faced up to that, he did not hide, he delivered the video on his own. He showed you that he didn't mean it that harsh as you think he meant it. So at the end, there is just one point left which is discussable. Was he rude or wasn't he. And even in that case, he made a step towards you delivering that damn video on his own. So however you think about him, this is a plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well insted of all ppl being on the high ground and pointing fingers. Let it be those guys that lost on it, that make a tribunal if they think it is a case for a tribunal. Then we will know if knowledge is enough ore there has to be intent to. But until there have been a tribunal, that says otherwise he is inside the rules.

The danes have no case. We got killed by an enemy with a fireship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...