Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
melarky

Shallows Even Shallower?

Title just about says it all. Been to several Bahamas ports tonite. Same ones I visit several times a week including last nite. When I load the ship with cargo and try to sail out the ship is bottomed out and will not go anywhere. I have to remove about 20% of the load before the ship will float and sail out.

Like I said, this worked as recently as yesterday - same ports, same quantity of same cargo.

Hold optimization is bugged at the moment and should be hotfixed by tomorrow. You have to treat ships as though you don't have the hold opti perk.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update Wraith. And I did forget to mention I use that perk. Coincidentally I had to reduce the cargo by 20% to get the boat floating. I will wait for the fix.

2 minutes ago, melarky said:

Thank you for the update Wraith. And I did forget to mention I use that perk. Coincidentally I had to reduce the cargo by 20% to get the boat floating. I will wait for the fix.

No problem!  Always confusing when things magically change overnight... ;) Usually the dev's are pretty responsive about game breaking problems but I know it can be frustrating.

I hear ya. I'm a dev myself. I am familiar with that kind of pain. The response time to the problem was excellent.

well if you have to unload 20 % of cargo, and after that, you can sail away, it's more realistic than most of the mechanics of the game.

a harbor and having shallows is important for your behaviour how to load or maneuver a certain ship...

i think its a good thing, sorts of harbors have an effect on how to load and sail...

30-7-2010+9-31-59.png

a camel tow

:)

Edited by Thonys

Thonys - I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe adding a hi/low tide.  My only gripe was I have been doing the same for some time now and all of a sudden I couldn't do it any more.