Game-Labs Forum

National Tax Levels

Allow clans to set tax levels for different nations. Rather than letting it be a general 10% let it be like this.

Spain owns port.

Spain tax rate - 0%

GB tax rate - 100%

French tax rate - 100%

Russian tax rate - 10%

American tax rate 20%

Something like that.

It's create conflict between certain nations, more incentive to take ports controlled by other nations. Can also raise tax rates on own nation beyond the lame 10% that it is now.

• Like 6

Then you can just increase taxes on the port, give clans tax returns. You could always go further and make it a generic 50% for nation and 10% for clans on the friendly list.

I would seriously like to see tax rates going into the hundreds. Nothing like a 500% tax to incentivise you to attack a port rather than holding hands all day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You could always go further and make it a generic 50% for nation and 10% for clans on the friendly list.

I would seriously like to see tax rates going into the hundreds. Nothing like a 500% tax to incentivise you to attack a port rather than holding hands all day.

I hope I understand that correctly 🙂; You want extremely high taxes for national clans?
Then it would be interesting to introduce an NPC control. The higher the taxes the higher the risk of losing the port to an "NPC of the Admiralty".

A random generator decides from a certain tax rate whether there is a revolt against the governors. Every 7 days you can change all taxes at most once (reset to original values is possible every 48 hours). If the tax rates against the national clans are very high, then every 24 hours after the dice principle decides whether the governors will be deposed. If yes, then an "NPC Admiralty" will take over the port. All tax rates are reset to "normal". The port can be attacked again after 3 days by any other nation, but not by the own. If there are economic clan companies in the future, then the former ruler clan should lose them in a revolt.

I think that would be fair. So a greedy governors would have to answer to the king.

(Hoffentlich verstehe ich das richtig 🙂 ; Du möchtest extrem hohe Steuern für nationale Klans?

Dann wäre es interessant, wenn man eine NPC-Steuerung einführt. Je höher die Steuern um so höher das Risiko den Hafen an eine "NPC der Admiralität" zu verlieren.

Ein Zufallsgenerator entscheidet ab einem bestimmtem Steuersatz mit ob es eine Revolte gegen den Gouverneure gibt. Alle 7 Tage kann man maximal einmal alle Steuern ändern (Reset auf Ursprungswerte ist alle 48 Stunden möglich). Wenn die Steuersätze gegen die nationalen Klans sehr hoch sind, dann entscheidet alle 24 Stunden nach dem Würfelprinzip ob der Gouverneure abgesetzt wird. Wenn Ja, dann übernimmt ein "NPC der Admiralität" den Hafen. Alle Steuersätze werden auf "normal" zurückgesetzt. Der Hafen kann nach 3 Tagen von jeder anderen Nation wieder angegriffen werden, nur nicht von der Eigenen. Falls es in Zukunft wirtschaftliche Klan-Betriebe gibt, dann sollte der ehemalige Herrscher-Klan diese bei einer Revolte auch verlieren.

Das fände ich ziemlich Fair. So müsste sich ein gieriger Gouverneure auch dem König verantworten.)

PS: English translation with the help of google.

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Allow clans to set tax levels for different nations. Rather than letting it be a general 10% let it be like this.

Spain owns port.

Spain tax rate - 0%

GB tax rate - 100%

French tax rate - 100%

Russian tax rate - 10%

American tax rate 20%

Something like that.

It's create conflict between certain nations, more incentive to take ports controlled by other nations. Can also raise tax rates on own nation beyond the lame 10% that it is now.

you mean "spanish tax rate -0%" just helping you out, dude.  but this aside yes it would be a great addition, to the game with clans being able to set tax rates for different nations in the ports.

20180804223213_1.jpg
for example if i wanted to sell this snow for 2million gold to spanish then 2.5 too french, and 10 million to british guys.

Edited by Samuel Smith

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Spain owns port.

Spain tax rate - 0%

GB tax rate - 100%

French tax rate - 100%

Russian tax rate - 10%

American tax rate 20%

Something like that.

Please do this at least trading ports will no longer be player owned

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

you mean "spanish tax rate -0%" just helping you out, dude.  but this aside yes it would be a great addition, to the game with clans being able to set tax rates for different nations in the ports.

20180804223213_1.jpg
for example if i wanted to sell this snow for 2million gold to spanish then 2.5 too french, and 10 million to british guys.

Oh Po!

You need to leave an ability for people from outside a nation to get access to some goods, otherwise you create a snowball effect. This can be a limited access though. 

It also needs to be clan based. 

I wrote a post with similar request some time ago, with graphics. You can find it here :

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Allow clans to set tax levels

• Like 1