Game-Labs Forum

Standardized testing period for new ships

Hey!

I think we should have a standard way we test all newly developed ships. Both the Le Requin and Hercules ships where made redemable for some days, but we only had access to 1 ship of each.

I would like to suggest that for at least 3 days or preferably an entire week (Monday to Sunday) the new ship is continuously made available as a redemable ship. This ensures that we actually take the ship in to use with out fear of losing it for ever. Then we get to experiment with different wood types, cannon setup and some will get slots on the ships and start stacking upgrades. This will ensure that we get more and better experience that is needed to give good feedback for balancing.

I would also suggest that all new ships that are introduced into the game should be excluded from entering port battles and not solds as DLC's  until they are properly balanced.

You hate, love or want to add/change something?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I'm positive the devs knew exactly what they were putting into the game. How could they not have known that these ships would cause trouble?

I want to be optimistic, but thinking about it, you are correct. They knew these ships were such OP, they wanted them to be OP, so they could sell !

Only evidence for me, a 6th rate Le Requin is more expensive than 5th rate Hercules as a dlc. This sums it up, hey know how broken it is, they try to maximize their sales.

* I really had faith in the company, but this single cheap move, kind of make me lose all. I feel cheated cause I believed they won't let P2W, NA never gonna be a P2W game etc.

* Yes the testing was short with only 1 note, which I believe they did not want us to test them properly. Otherwise there should be a minimum 2 weeks up to 1 month testing period, in which we should have the DLC until testing time ends.

I currently regret ! buying 2 DLC's from this company, I hope they turn me false.

One thing I would add to this suggestion is that sips in testing shall not reward PvP marks both by being sunk and being used to sink other ships to counter effects on the rest of the game.

As for the far future (post release), an interesting model could be an open testing client comparable to DICEs CTE-Servers on the Battlefield franchise, to give patches and DLCs a platform to iron out the kinks before releasing them. This is obviously an ideal and would highly depend on player numbers for financial sutainability, but one can dream 🙃

Sounds like Valve; have testing servers for csgo which are supposed to be used to test new maps in order to find gamebreaking bugs / glitches. Yet they are not made use of.

Not like there isnt a testbed server for NA, or is there... 🤔

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Po Tsai said:

What are the devs saying about it?. Can't find anything concrete from them but might missed it.

To be honest the whole DLC's and these ships being unbalance I'm going to take a bet was used to distract us from the fact they haven't finished certain patches and keep added more and more to them pushing them back more and more.

11 minutes ago, Liq said:

Sounds like Valve; have testing servers for csgo which are supposed to be used to test new maps in order to find gamebreaking bugs / glitches. Yet they are not made use of.

Not like there isnt a testbed server for NA, or is there... 🤔

There use to be and they use to drop the patches on it and let us give feed back the few that would hang out on it when they had new patches.  I would be more than willing to testbed the game with other select players and give feed back instead of having a lot of this hot mess we get.  Than again we did the same thing with the Wasa and told them all the problems it would have and what needed to be changed about it.  The changes that ended up being done many many many months later that they could of just did from testbed.

• Like 2

This is too sensible, therefore it cannot be done.

My guess is they needed some money to squeeze out the last few man hours of work for this update, as stated by admin's mention of the extra hand they hired to help finish port UI. Fine in my book, everyone should realize any DLC they buy in EA is subject to change. For now enjoy the OPness, NA 1.0 release is on the horizons.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

To be honest the whole DLC's and these ships being unbalance I'm going to take a bet was used to distract us from the fact they haven't finished certain patches and keep added more and more to them pushing them back more and more.

HMS "Rainbow" has been intercepted by USS "Reality"
wC1okyj.png

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Who is Ben Porter? And why we must trust to his data.

i don't know who that guy is (this tweet was trending in indie dev channels recently) but seems true
we are 148% focused on the menus and its still not enough 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

i don't know who that guy is (this tweet was trending in indie dev channels recently) but seems true

>^_^)> go dev team ^(^_^)^ go dev team <(^_^<

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

wC1okyj.png

I so read that as MEMES instead of Menus.....lol  I was like dang it ADMIN is trolling me.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Does it mean that sir texas wont be able to enjoy tournaments this weekend?

#SOON

Maybe a little paint while we wait like good little players?

57 minutes ago, admin said:

I don't mind ya'll taking your time to get things in order, just be nice to get a little bit of the info on how things are going 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, admin said:

Dear admin, do you see the upside of having a "standard way" to introduce new ships and is this something you cold consider using?

My intention with the suggestions in the OP is to prevent situations like the one we have now, where you hopefully unintentionally introduced P2W in RvR and shallow water PvP.

If you assume all new ships are unbalanced it is logical to limit the new ships initial impact on the game, during the user testing period. And just to keep up efficiency it is also logical to speed up the testing and feedback process. And by having a known standard way of introducing new ships, the players know what to do and how to react/respond. The most vital part of the entire thing would still always be to make sure you have time for balancing the ship after you introduce it.