Game-Labs Forum

[PvE] What if pve server...

what if.... PvE server had "duel mutual accept - attack! accept! RoE" 1v1 PvP ?

- removes the need for mutual accepted "green on green" instances

- adds a simple pvp layer to pve without changing the nature of server

- not mandatory and everyone is safe from pvp unless accepted

• Like 10

This has been suggested a number of times, both in the PVE chat rooms, and here in the forum.

The only response I have seen on this matter was in here, from a PVPer, and somewhat entirely predictable. The response being to go to the PVP server, full stop.

Your suggestion fills a gap between the two servers, by offering "PVP by invitation" only. To put this on the PVE server is ideal.

Commended.

• Like 2

Absolutely a great idea! I play that server more than half the time. I have advocated it several times as added content, which in my opinion, is sorely needed. Sir Heathwill, the two servers are of two entirely different mind sets and it is my belief that the fear is that, in their eyes, "toxic behavior, particularly in the chat" would creep in and ruin the experience. I don't think that can happen when you can refuse the challenge and go on your way. So that takes care of physical abuse. As for the chat, I really don't know how to deal with that. HAHAHA, it is very different on the two servers. On PVE server everyone talks to each other so politely, almost like going to Mass, in 2 years I have never seen any rudeness. It would most likely take care of itself, a bad apple would standout like a sore thumb and get chat banned very quickly.

Because no harm can come, that I can see, I say yes. 

Fair sailing        

• Like 1

Hmmm, get into a fight and not be ganked?  I'm trying to find a downside.  PVP server is certainly a more exciting place to exist.  If I want to do consenting PVP fighting on the PVE server, does that mean I have to build an economically feasible character there as well?  Do I have my trusty Herc over there?  Its a great idea

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Don't you think we would need to know who we are challenging in OW?  Or does PVE server already have names in OW?

Doesn't but... Does it make any difference ? ... Maybe I overlooked something here, as mechanics are blind and do not care about human concerns i simply looked at a direct, honest - wanna fight me enemy player ? - yes, i do - accept challenge duel !

• Like 1

I’ve seen the same in Conan, it call “PvE Conflict”, very populated.

However I think it should be another server type, as per Conan, one to be setup for/on game release (but tested first), ratter than a new mode within a PvE .

Edited by Guest

I could vote either way on this one.  On one hand it's a neat idea to add more variety to the environment and that's a good thing.

On the other hand, might tend to draw pvp players over to the pve server to fight duels, and as someone stated above the nature of the chat and conversations is different.  You would start affecting that.  Although what I saw yesterday (or was it Saturday) @EdWatchmaker was what I'd certainly call rudeness (disrespect at least) or maybe even verbal abuse that went on for a while.

And no, you can't see other players' names.  That's still stupid on any server IMO.  Would be a hindrance to the idea.  @Sir Hethwill the RedDuke you don't fight mechanics in pvp you fight people.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

Sorry all that I have to be so short and can't comment at length but I have to leave shortly. For the ultimate longevity of the PVE server we need this.

1... We must have our name and hail button back or it won't work on the PVE server.

2... Somehow chat must be kept civil

3...Yes you need to build a character on that server to play on it.

4...Please, people of the PVE server, understand this, if we do not somehow increase the use of our server we will eventually lose it! I personally think that would be a shame!!

I really must go now or I'll be late.

Fair sailing all.  

10 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

what if.... PvE server had "duel mutual accept - attack! accept! RoE" 1v1 PvP ?

- removes the need for mutual accepted "green on green" instances

- adds a simple pvp layer to pve without changing the nature of server

- not mandatory and everyone is safe from pvp unless accepted

Yes to this.

it will also act as a great intro for those who are unsure of pvp.

The PVE server must increase its numbers or die.

• Like 1

I haven't played Naval Action in quite some time; when I did it was exclusively on the PVE server, and I do like the suggestion. However, would that be detrimental to the "sandbox" part of the game and turn it into more arena style which is what I thought Legends was supposed to be. 

As others have stated, if it were to be implemented, I think if you want to play on either server you have to develop that character just like everyone else. Admittedly, I am a little concerned the potential for toxicity to appear, as is common in PvP games, but you never know. 

Lastly, in addition to your proposed duel idea, I would actually like to initiate some sort of flagging system so that if I have it selected (and only if selected) the AI would attack my ship if it is +/- 100 BR of me. That would keep things slightly interesting but also not feel like I'm being ganked. Not trying to derail topic thought.

• Like 1

If someone gets toxic on the PVE server, you simply block them in chat and it's like they've been magically removed from the entire universe. Once chat blocked they have zero power to affect anything in your game at all.

Edited by The Wren
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

And no, you can't see other players' names.  That's still stupid on any server IMO.  Would be a hindrance to the idea.  @Sir Hethwill the RedDuke you don't fight mechanics in pvp you fight people.

Definitely i agree with you. Some of us do play the game Others game the game, so stating we do not fight mechanics is my dream and that everything is perfect and that everyone plays the game as intended. Alas it is not, so lets stop with illusions.

Regarding the names... yeah okay.... I'm used to not seeing names of enemy planes/tanks/soldiers in other games so whatever grinds your gears man. You want to throw kisses at the "enemy player" be my guest. Especially in a PvE server with mutual agreement duel... :)...

• Like 1