Game-Labs Forum

How to avoid the second day of battle at Shiloh as the south?

General Thomas

Clearly there is something required beyond merely taking Pittsburgh landing to avoid the second day of battle as the south?  Is it necessary to wipe out the union army?  Capture General Grant?  What is the hidden victory condition?  The strange thing is when I played about a half year ago I do not remember this being a problem.  However, now it seems that perhaps the code to eliminate the second day has been eliminated from the game.  I would like to confirm this rather than beat my head against the wall trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am running steam and v1.11 shows on my list of patches.  I have uncontested control of Pittsburgh landing when this happens.

Interestingly, I reloaded this game one day later and although it starts on the second day, the victory screen almost immediately comes up.  Issue appears resolved.

Edited by General Thomas
clarifying that I am discussing Shiloh

• 1 year later...

For most players the solution to avoiding this issue is to not save and reload during the battle and to click finish as soon as the option becomes available. 

This is the first I've heard of someone reloading a save after they went to day 2 and not going to day 2 on a second attempt. Usually it seems to take a full battle restart.

Edited by pandakraut

13 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

For most players the solution to avoiding this issue is to not save and reload during the battle and to click finish as soon as the option becomes available. 

This is the first I've heard of someone reloading a save after they went to day 2 and not going to day 2 on a second attempt. Usually it seems to take a full battle restart.

Yes, obviously there is something more or less apparent that triggers the glitch; I was lucky to finish day 1 after loading  a save file saved at the same moment I secured the landing in first place. Only difference between these two diffrent try-outs I can imagine was that the first time Union tried to contest the landing but was repelled, the second time they did not contest the landing after I had secured it. It may or may not play a role in triggering the glitch.