Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action FACT CHECK

guest ck9ubl3t

So after I saw Hethwill constantly replying to topics concerning the Requin on the Forum I took his advice and opinions into consideration.

867283998_Hethwilltalkingaboutevidence.thumb.png.78db7b9287549f27810750085fabde6b.png

Yes Hethwill, let´s make a case with evidence

Let us start with the initial statement:

672681928_GankingSquadronof35ships.thumb.png.4927724f5af567a705c3d3377bc52f89.png

Aha! So you´re telling me a ganking Squadron of 3/5 Shop Ships can Archieve the same result as a Ganking Squad of Requins. 

Interesting statement but could you clarify what exactly a Shop Ship is?

149976285_TellmewhatisaShopShip.thumb.png.9bfaee247aedc7ee129badcf7bad202f.png

Ah very nice thank you for clarifying that. And could you define again what a Ganking Squad can do and how big it needs to be ?

537235147_Tellmewhatcan5guysinshipshipsdo.thumb.png.f99098beb003a189ee3090e60bfb6540.png

Ok so it takes 5 Guys in Shop Ships to gank ANY single player in ANY ship. Very interesting statement. But can you provide any proof?

2078441525_Ahhhtheyoutubevideos.thumb.png.ad43166811809404b45014f42005bc41.png

Oh Yes Youtube Proof I love it.

(I still regret watching those videos)

So I sat down and watched the videos of Hethwill.

There are 107 Naval Action related Videos of them 94 of which are pre-Wipe and thus i didn´t bother with them the Game has changed too much since then.

That leaves me with 13 Videos (all 5 months old). Unfortunately you are only in 5 videos on a potential "Shop Ship" (I am not able to prove if it is one or not).

Each Video is a single battle.

Lets take a look at the overall ships of each battle and the results. (Top Listing of ships are Hethwill and crew)237702440_Hethwillbattlelist.thumb.png.6e70f1892b2c1bcf1208b4259d26500e.png

None of these battles were fought by shop ships only. There isn´t even proof that Hethwill himself is using a Shop Ship. It could be a 5/5 because we never get to see it in the videos.

Conclusion:

Hethwills statement concerning Shop Ship Ganking Squads can not be supported.

PS: Please stop talking about things you cannot actually support with evidence and thus making knowingly false claims.

Sources In case you want to watch them for yourself. ( I am not promoting to watch his videos)

1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdGcw7OKuP0

2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJe-9gcGemw

3:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmzqzecj3vY

4:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW9pEr7cNec

5:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72sJQktC5Z8

• Like 3

A group of 5 newcomers in shop ships that invade a mission can kill the player doing the mission. THAT is undeniable. Sorry that you do not believe it.

This are all ganks that can be done with any shop ships - replace schooners with any shop frigate, 70k + cannons + repairs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfJCr8twXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVJExcDYlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwIXQ0wFWpM

:)

And yep, opinions are usually personal based of experienced events.

#antimetaleague

The Xebec has issues and hopefully they get solved but it is a great ship for anyone wanting to simply ignore eco and logistics and go out and gank at hearts desire. Invade missions, kills fast, get out faster.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Yep, but pay attention to my last words - that does not prove that DLC ship aren't strong or P2W and that does not prove that DLC ships or mods aren't "game meta" or in other words giving a massive advantage. 

They do. Xebec has a massive issue on top of others including the rig type. Crew on the deck being the worst case, but hey, testing and reporting right ?

Is a great ship to learn, love it for that. Full manual sail fun, forget the combat tbh.

Hercules not my love type. Square rig.

1 hour ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

They do. Xebec has a massive issue on top of others including the rig type. Crew on the deck being the worst case, but hey, testing and reporting right ?

Is a great ship to learn, love it for that. Full manual sail fun, forget the combat tbh.

Hercules not my love type. Square rig.

Are you saying the she is fine as she is? Not to fast or anything? Br not to low? 

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Becouse you would loose. 

I'm not fan of duels but I did one (he tagged me on open sea) with a well knowned swedish captain, in my opinion better than you. Go ask him who won.

Btw, was endy vs trinco.

Edited by Cabral

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Duels are for people that know what they are doing in game and not for gl fanboys like you 

Duels are for people that don't know how to hunt/tag in OW. ^^

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Are you saying the she is fine as she is? Not to fast or anything? Br not to low? 

Nope she isn't. She needs work BUT she is a good option for the player that doesn't want to rely on economy or crafting.

The major three problems:

- 15.5kn at 135º - 15.4kn if full hold. You can guess the rest of the curve. Guess what makes this.

- same thickness as a cruiser 32 gun frigate when she is a planked ribbed cage. Can upgrade her to heavy frigate grade and keep the speed up.

- open deck and crew suffers nothing. Rageboard has never been easier.

You sail her, test her, report all the issues and keep doing it with all ships.

But she is a great ship. Love that the devs put a ship that actually sails much better full manual and that the auto skipper does not replace manual trimming. IMO all ships should be like that.

But guess cherry picking posts is the best thing to do, especially the ones that fit your agenda, when I did post several times that the xebec should be classed as a 5th rate and have its survivability thickness/hp reviewed. But hey whatever man.

During development we had several ships that were oddly over the top - Surprise, Trinc, Snow, Rattlesnake, Wasa... 

I wonder why we do not use the best Surprise outfit with the 12 pounders. Guess what, gameplay over realism won.

All of them been revised during development, which is not over yet no matter how much you wish it isn't. Game is in Early Access and grants access to anyone that buys and wants to test.

Fun is subjective. Find your own. Duel Tournaments have been hinted at by Admin so you will have your piece of heaven. Sad that Legends was put off, honest.

original.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cabral said:

I'm not fan of duels but I did one (he tagged me on open sea) with a well knowned swedish captain, in my opinion better than you. Go ask him who won.

Btw, was endy vs trinco.

1st If he is better than me I'm sure there is a screenshot of me loosing to him. I've also beaten every player but turpos, he is a different skill level than even dron. I say dron because I think he is the smartest player there is to fight atm.

2nd I don't care about your oppinion because you are not good. You don't have the skill to judge what is good or not. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

But guess cherry picking posts is the best thing to do, especially the ones that fit your agenda, 

Duh should I talk about stuff like trading that I have no idea about? OMG man. I talk about stuff I know about unlike  yourself. 

• Like 7

I will not point out (AGAIN) that Requin (and Hercules) issues come out first from upgrade system (making them totally OP).

This time I will point out the second part of the problem of OW ganking: PVP reward system.

One hour 1v1 battle with a skilled and geared enemy: if I do not sink him, I'll get NOTHING.
Five minutes tag+zoom+boarding+sink against a trader brig: 5 PVP marks.

Isnt this inviting to lurk around on a fast ship (and xebec is perfect at this) fast killing any "soft" target around and avoid any equal battle?