Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

5 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Awesome, I hope that it might be possible on PVE Server to take neutral ports and give those player experience and some great battles.

problem is that the AI in pb dont cap points, it goes straight suicide into your fleet and wont give you much experience. You would be better of fighting 25 ship dread fleets for more experience

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Lets be honest a few anthills have had way to long of peaceful friendship.  No one is saying all out war but would be nice if folks actually fought over important regions.

No one is saying that nation has to take the ports, plus’s it’s more clan base now than nation.  And if those are the only ports that nation owns?  Well shouldn’t have picked a hard mode nation.

There's like 5-10 important ports in the game. I don't see this brining any value to 95% of the ports. 

On 7/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, admin said:

Hi Captains

We are almost finished with the port UI and plan to deploy it soon.

Here is some information on the mission system that will be updated over next 2-3 patches (probably starting with the port UI patch)

•  
    • OW hunt missions will be added
    • Some missions will require you to sail a specific ship looking for a specific target
    •  

You HAVE to restrict DLC ships from taking part in these if they are to have any chance of working.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, AeRoTR said:

Problem is there is no such a thing as decent AI, so 1 rate higher might compensate,

may be up to 5th rate, afterwards same rate same type

The problem is that is your and my expeirence cause we played the game so much AI is a cake walk with only epic AI giving a challenge, but to joe blow casual who only gets on a few hours a week they might be the hardest thing in the world for them.  I still watch folks struggle against other 1sr rates in hostility missions all the time and yes they are RA that been in the game for a while.  They are the same guys that still haven’t figured out manual sailing yet either.

not every one is a Vet/Pro in the game.  In fact we prob only make up of 10% of the game.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, Sverne said:

I agree, of course I was just joshing. I hope they buff the other sixth rates soon, I do love the rattlesnake heavy and the niagara.

yes the shallow ships are a little off balance (for doing battle or boarding in that 5th and 6th rate )

the Rattle heavy what is the highest not DLC ship for normal players are confronted with the DLC ships 

in a rather bias way 

made a vid about it to see the difference

@admin also look very good to the first line in the boarding attack,  there is a difference of numbers counted in favor for the Hercules ? (due cannon fire before boarding)

Edited by Thonys

On 7/20/2018 at 2:48 AM, AeRoTR said:

Problem is there is no such a thing as decent AI, so 1 rate higher might compensate,

may be up to 5th rate, afterwards same rate same type

All they need to learn the epic AI is to use chain on player warships and focus them, then we are in deep shit! ;) 

• Like 1

Regarding Missions...

Have Clan level Mission rules been considered ( or will be ) ?

I mean, as an example; Mainland Europe powers issue order to attack and conquer a certain enemy nation holding. All Clans becoming automatically eligible candidates, but only one will make it of course, by aggressive use of Conquest mechanics.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, admin said:

teaser of the mission interface

2uBZwYW.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=4624535

It is so beautiful for three reasons. One I am loving the design of it. Not seeing a giant clutter of menus. Two, the mission types and rewards. Maybe now I wont be as broke or going through cash so quickly. Three, seeing something about the patch and ui is just great to see period.

Please continue keeping the forums updated on your progress more frequently though and keep up the good work.

Edited by Davos Seaworth
  • Like 1

Just now, Norfolk nChance said:

@admin

Love the mission improvements. It does look and feel age of sail nice work.

Now before you drop the patch in, can we have an updated delivery intention of what’s to come please? Materials and Currency rollout stuff...

Maybe a time horizon, general idea...

Norfolk.

#suddenlyandwithoutwarning

:D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

hmmmm

https://steamdb.info/app/311310/depots/

Staging and QA just got updated today, this is normally a good sign the patch will drop in a day or two.

if this is true that's just p/ss poor planning

We need a delivery intention first or we'll find after a time the reference points fall away.

NnC

33 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

if this is true that's just p/ss poor planning

We need a delivery intention first or we'll find after a time the reference points fall away.

NnC

It's Wedsday and I dought it will drop tomorrow, they normally drop patches on Tuesday and Thursdays.  So more than likely it will get approval and we will see it drop after the weekend.  Than again this might not be the big patch either, it could just be a hotfix for some known issues.

Though I agree a heads up wound be nice from @admin is there going to be a patch in the next few days that we all need to get ready for?   Maybe some updated post would be nice of what is about to happen?

• Like 1