Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

Just now, huliotkd said:

when?

Planned for September last time we heard, right ? :) ... but who knows, maybe the wind rotates a bit more than expected and devs have to tack back and forth through the oncoming wind.

Cannot deny I am fairly excited with all the listed changes and very eager to see how it all works together.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Fleet missions

• Fleet missions have been merged with standard combat missions - enemy will send reinforcements according to the player group size. So any solo mission can turn into a fleet mission if you bring friends or your fleet. 

I like to do fleet mission alone.

Why players do solo fleet mission? Because they generate more reward than usually mission. .

40 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I like to do fleet mission alone.

Why players do solo fleet mission? Because they generate more reward than usually mission. .

thats why complex missions will have more enemies (or higher level enemies)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Planned for September last time we heard, right ? :) ... but who knows, maybe the wind rotates a bit more than expected and devs have to tack back and forth through the oncoming wind.

Cannot deny I am fairly excited with all the listed changes and very eager to see how it all works together.

This just in - hethwill confirms hurricane Florence has delayed the patch by up to 3 weeks due to the US east coast being flooded (sarcasm)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

This just in - hethwill confirms hurricane Florence has delayed the patch by up to 3 weeks due to the US east coast being flooded (sarcasm)

Stay safe everyone that is going through that stuff. A friend of mine in Macau said they having a rough time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, z4ys said:

If I understand the mission system right its to make people move and to spread over the map. Dont ask to make it a pile again

So I guess they will sail all available ships

How is my suggestion about making 5th rates the tier they are center agains?  Remember @admin said the missions and rewards will be tiered by location.  Out side the safe zones it will be better rewards.  Why shouldn't some one fight 5th rates in and around the capital?  It's the most common ships in game or should be and folks would be using it way more than 6-7th rates around capital waters.   I'm looking at this from the casuals point of view and what feed back I gotten about missions.

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS

4 hours ago, admin said:

thats why complex missions will have more enemies (or higher level enemies)

I like giving missions more complex and hardness.  Maybe have the higher STAR ones be 2-3 ships instead of 1 ship at start and than add one per person.  That way a solo player can get a small fleet to fight.  This would work great if you allow them to bring one tier up ships too.  So if I'm doing a 5th rate mission out side of capital waters (out of the safe zone), but i bring a Connie (4th rate) I get 2-3 5th rates, some one else joins and it goes up 1, and keeps going up as others join.  They can be in 4th rates or below, but since it's a 5th rate missions it will only spawn max 5th rates.  This will allow for casuals to grind a bit easier and others that want the better reward/pay out will bring same tier ships or lower.

3 hours ago, Latron said:

I can imagine some will try using alts to complete the PvP hunts.

You will never stop idiots that abuse the system, and they don't have to have alts.  Two players with zero alts can farm each other too.  That is why we have a combat system in game so if we notice certain folks getting kills when you never see them in PvP it can be fishy.

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Than enjoy a dead server like we have now....you will never have 1000+ players if you don't attract casuals.......

Really with folks like your self and some others I should just start telling folks to stop playing this game unless they are a HARDCORE PVPER, let the sheep die and see what the wolves have after that.  Maybe it's time for me to finally make them reviews about this game.

"DON'T PLAY IT THEY DON'T WANT CASUALS, JUST SHEEP TO FARM ALL DAY TO GET EASY KILLS."

hello kitty this I'm honestly tired of even trying to fight for the majority of the players that are the 90% that don't get on the forums.  Lets just make it a HARDCORE PVP only game and see how long that last.

Also @admin and the game devs views have changed over time, posting something they said 6 months ago doesn't mean that is there view of the game right now, but if ya'll are happy with 100-400 players max than go a head and don't try to get casuals to stay in game and see how much longer this stupid game last.   Might as well just pull the plug on it now cause without those casuals you will not have a player base and you will just have NA:L and how did that do again?

• Like 3

On 7/19/2018 at 5:31 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Soon is a very generic word, that could be tomorrow, next week, a month from now but soon it should be.  We been hearing soon for over a month now.  Is there any better ETA for the next big patch we can look forward towards?

Oh and the rest great news as we need more content to keep players around other than the Hard Core RvR guys.  Maybe look into achievements too for doing certain task.

Be patient and wait . They almost fished .

@Sir Texas Sir

Starting kill mission distribution

• Capitals
    • 7th - 6th rate missions
    • Complexity 1-3 stars (easiest)
  • Town (not county capitals)
    • 5 - 3rd rate missions
    • Complexity 2-4 stars
  • County Capital
    • 4th - 1st rate missions
    • Complexity 2-4 stars
  • Free town
    • 5th - 1st rate missions
    • Complexity 4-5 stars (hardest)
  • All shallow water ports will generate 7-6th rate missions of various complexity depending on port type (described above)
  • Missions wont be available in enemy port only if they are set as free for all.  

7th-5th rate

5th-3rd rate

5th-1st rate

(what you said)

Why make capitals 5th rate? Capital is for noobs - not for high lvl player. And lets be honest who sails 7th-6th beside new players just a handful of vets.

Best place to do mission will be freetown = more pvp for everyone / easier to find = less time + less outposts needed

Town and Country capital = safer but need more outposts

All I see you asking for is to give the safer place the upper hand so you need less outposts to farm pve without getting interuped by pvp. So who is actual asking to make the game boring?

The way admin proposed it - its at least a trade off. More outpost slots for other stuff but danger or less outpost slots available but safer.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

@Sir Texas Sir

Why make capitals 5th rate? Capital is for noobs - not for high lvl player. And lets be honest who sails 7th-6th beside new players just a handful of vets.

Best place to do mission will be freetown = more pvp for everyone / easier to find = less time + less outposts needed

Town and Country capital = safer but need more outposts

All I see you asking for is to give the safer place the upper hand so you need less outposts to farm pve without getting interuped by pvp. So who is actual asking to make the game boring?

The way admin proposed it - its at least a trade off. More outpost slots for other stuff but danger or less outpost slots available but safer.

Cause 5th rates is mid tiers, you get into them when you make Master Coms (actually can get into them at Lt Com but undercrewed).  Name one capital that is in the shallows so why would folks grind up 6/7th rates at a capital.  And who are you to say capitals are for noobs?   Maybe Casuals like it and they want to grind at the capital. It's not your place to tell them how to play there game they paid for.  We want more players, ,we want a fun game for all right?   

And all I see you and a few others ask for is to push players out into the PvP where they might not want to be all the time.  That has never worked and won't work in the future if you want a decent player base.  

9 hours ago, Captains said:

Be patient and wait . They almost fished .

#WHENSEPTEMBERENDS

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Further PVE improvements are going to be applied in the next 2 patches. 

• Distance to kill mission will be significantly reduced. 
  • Kill missions in the agent ports will no longer be limited by number as the current limitation is not working as intended 
    • agent limitation will remain. So if your port generates 5th rate missions it will continue doing so but will no longer limit you with the number of missions you can make per your evening.
  • Rewards for kill missions will be increased 
  • Rewards for hunt and S/D missions in chests will be further increased
  • Group missions will be added for small and medium sized groups in the agent ports (for example 5th rate port will have 5th rate group missions)
  • Epic group missions will be added
  • Assists bonuses will be slightly increased to promote group activity

PvP 1v1 patrol might get in next patch
PVP Hunt mission with unique rewards will definitely get in in the next patch.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, admin said:

• Distance to kill mission will be significantly reduced. 
  • Kill missions in the agent ports will no longer be limited by number as the current limitation is not working as intended 
    • agent limitation will remain. So if your port generates 5th rate missions it will continue doing so but will no longer limit you with the number of missions you can make per your evening.
  • Rewards for kill missions will be increased 
  • Rewards for hunt and S/D missions in chests will be further increased
  • Group missions will be added for small and medium sized groups in the agent ports (for example 5th rate port will have 5th rate group missions)
  • Epic group missions will be added
  • Assists bonuses will be slightly increased to promote group activity

PvP 1v1 patrol might get in next patch
PVP Hunt mission with unique rewards will definitely get in in the next patch.

what about the weight based damage model? i know its only an early thought but it shouldnt be so hard to develop. i really like this idea

2 hours ago, admin said:

@admin could I suggest…

That once unlock, the mission difficultly star be "selectable", so players can progress at there ability, this would help new and struggling players alot.

Edited by Guest

59 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

@admin could I suggest…

That once unlock, the mission difficultly star be "selectable", so players can progress at there ability, this would help new and struggling players alot.

Sure this is a good one but the past has shown one thing > Rear Admirals that have no idea how to get rid of a schooner of a snow brig :) because they simply rank up too fast and they get mad that this or that ship is op.

Careful what you wish for, for we have tested it and while it delivers short term excellent results, in the long run creates relly bad habits.

But is good.

I'm just wondering if the Kill missions distance being dramatically reduced means they are going to be, again, located "under the skirts of forts to please the cowards". That is all.

16 minutes ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

I'm just wondering if the Kill missions distance being dramatically reduced means they are going to be, again, located "under the skirts of forts to please the cowards". That is all.

Should kill missions be near enemy ports so one can get pounded by enemy forts and then ganked after their mission?