Game-Labs Forum

J&P Rebalance + Surrender mod(Out of date)

pandakraut

I'll try:

1. Find the correct folder. For me that's USER/application support/steam/steamapps/common/ultimate general civil war

2. Right-Click on ultimate general civil war, open folder contents.

3. Then I just copypasted the mod files everywhere, overwriting as I went along. I'm not sure where you HAVE to paste them.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, zyszczak said:

Hi,

unfortunately this mod is not working on GOG version. After installation when i try to launch a game it opens steam page with UG:CV page. And I only own game on GOG. Is there a possibilty to make this mod work?

I'll get a GoG version added later today.

After playing few missions I have noticed some wierd AI behaviour. When computer sends his infantry to attack they stop before they get into range of my units and stay in that position until they are routed. I think the couse of this may be a diffrence in weapon range. In early battles enemies have mostly muskets, while my infantry is equiped with weapons that have range of 400.

11 hours ago, HootOwl said:

Is this the most up to date version? I notice the J&P+Surrender is only 1.2, but regular J&P is currently 1.24.

Unfortunately yes, this one hasn't been kept up to date with the latest J&P changes.

The next version of the J&P mod will have several updates to the surrender algorithm that will be different from WVPM's so this mod will probably get retired at that point.

Edited by pandakraut

That's great news. I played with this version of mod and unfortunately it is broken for AI. You can make whole enemy army surrender with very low casualties and takes away any form of challenge. The exception is legendary mode which with this surrender mechanic is even harder. So i will stick with rebalance mod or customization mod, from now on. It is a bit of dilema for me because I enjoy changes to melee, carrer points, stamina, artilery  but hate weapon damage changes. It just look bizarre to see 1500 infantry brigade fire a volley at enemy in open field at kill 10 man.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zyszczak said:

That's great news. I played with this version of mod and unfortunately it is broken for AI. You can make whole enemy army surrender with very low casualties and takes away any form of challenge. The exception is legendary mode which with this surrender mechanic is even harder. So i will stick with rebalance mod or customization mod, from now on. It is a bit of dilema for me because I enjoy changes to melee, carrer points, stamina, artilery  but hate weapon damage changes. It just look bizarre to see 1500 infantry brigade fire a volley at enemy in open field at kill 10 man.

Yeah, that's what I expected would be the case. The changes don't work as well together as I'd like, but some people are also having fun with it so it's good to have it as an option.

If you want the brigades to deal damage at range you really need the accuracy perks currently. We're going to be moving a lot of that power out of the perks and into the firearms stat in the next version so units should be generically better at shooting. Progress has been slow for various reasons though.

Yeah, I know about the perks but you need at least 2 stars brigade to be decent at shooting. It is painful especially for sniper skirmishers as they do very little damage without perks and it is hard to level them up in rebalance mod. So I am looking forward to next iteration of the mod. Is there planned release date?

Also I have question about accuracy stats and how it works? How is the damage and number of kills calculated?

18 minutes ago, zyszczak said:

Yeah, I know about the perks but you need at least 2 stars brigade to be decent at shooting. It is painful especially for sniper skirmishers as they do very little damage without perks and it is hard to level them up in rebalance mod. So I am looking forward to next iteration of the mod. Is there planned release date?

I'd disagree with that for infantry. The lvl 1 accuracy perk is usually enough to perform decently. I rarely take accuracy again at lvl 2 as it leads to the unit being extremely slow and it gets hard to not get run over by charges.

Leveling skirmishers is definitely a problem. I usually just level them with infantry weapons and then once they get close to lvl 2 then I'll switch them over to snipers. This should also get addressed in the next release.

Basically consider accuracy a damage multiplier. So +100% doubles your damage.