Game-Labs Forum
Arngill

Hugging exploit

On 7/16/2018 at 7:35 AM, Le Raf Boom said:

They should allow the crew on 1st rates to simply drop cannonballs onto the smaller vessel and sink it that way.

Seriously though it might have happened in history at some point or another and under very specific conditions, this game is far removed from reality anyway with the pushing, hugging, turning your bow/stern toward the enemy to glance shots etc etc. There is nothing realistic about this combat.

Lol, that's an interesting idea. I wonder if anyone ever tried that in real life.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 1:20 PM, Banished Privateer said:

But if it goes faster, it means it was shaken off from hugging. If not, it gets boarded. It's funny how people using 1st rates complain about small ships that can literally die from ONE broadside. The 1st rate will never die from a single broadside, it usually takes 30 minutes, sometimes a full 1:30h fight. @admin once posted a painting of a smaller ship hugging bigger ship, so the bigger vessel couldn't hit it. It's a valid tactic that was used in Age of Sail. 

Sorry this is just another BS mechanic and i call Hugging with smaller ships vs much bigger ships abusing an exploit !!!

...like so many exploits in the past and interesting to see that in most cases, the same people use EVERY broken mechanic to their advantage, dont feel ashamed a tiny bit and then came to forum to defend an obviously broken game design because they use it to their advantage...

Never watched something like this in such an extent in a Multiplayer game...and this wants to be a grown audience... :(

Funny to see that i watched today a video from @rediii  in which he also used (i call it abuse) this mechanic to hug your Santissima to death...and he didnt lost more than half of his armor doing so

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

My Santi was swarmed by a bunch of ships, there is no mechanic that would save me. I see nothing wrong about it, killed by a zerg.

Yeah, but during the whole fight, @rediii was hugging you and your broadsides were most times directed to him...even when he would had been alone, i doubt that you could have won the fight because he got barely any damage from your broadsides...