Game-Labs Forum

@admin

It appears that the DLC ships can be sold once every 24 hours for 26K each.   This appears to work the same on both servers.  Is this intentional? 

The DLCs unbalance the economy by reducing and potentially eliminating a player's participation in the craft and resource markets. 

The cooldown ought to have been a good deal longer to mitigate this.  If the release status on Steam precludes adjusting that "upgrading" the DLC with some mutually exclusive choices might help.  Such as allowing the DLC user to choose a blueprint instead of the ship itself.

20180714054810_1.thumb.jpg.c736e2f398dabc20cd906c7c08879786.jpg

Edited by Marcus Corvus
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I think we have bigger things to worry about than 26k

Not disagreeing with that.  But I was rather flabbergasted when I discovered this.

The bigger problem is the ability to simply not buy ships.

If the developer's intention is to have a player economy, crafters/merchants cannot be competing against both other players and the game mechanics at the same time.  One or the other.  But not both.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcus Corvus said:

Not disagreeing with that.  But I was rather flabbergasted when I discovered this.

The bigger problem is the ability to simply not buy ships.

If the developer's intention is to have a player economy, crafters/merchants cannot be competing against both other players and the game mechanics at the same time.  One or the other.  But not both.

the point of the DLC ships is so that you don't have to craft your own, or buy ships.

What is making a huge problem is that the DLC ships are superior to crafted ships within their class. a re-balance needs to happen so crafted ships don't feel useless and so players who don't have the DLC, or don't use the DLC don't feel like they have instantly lost when being engaged by one.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

the point of the DLC ships is so that you don't have to craft your own, or buy ships.

What is making a huge problem is that the DLC ships are superior to crafted ships within their class. a re-balance needs to happen so crafted ships don't feel useless and so players who don't have the DLC, or don't use the DLC don't feel like they have instantly lost when being engaged by one.

I get the point.  Which is why I suggested mitigating the impact on the economy by adding mutually exclusive options such as a blueprint instead of the actual ship.  There may be other solutions.

And you are absolutely correct.  Crafted ships in the class (and possibly crafted ships from a DLC blueprint) should be significantly better than what's instantly available from the DLC.  Or, for that matter, better than what can be captured from the AI.  DLC ships probably should not have upgrade slots.

Otherwise there is little or no economic logic for the ship markets.

Edited by Marcus Corvus

35 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

After a month you would obtain 780k gold!!!

broken.

Imagine doing it with 10 accounts.

You can even break it apart and use the materials!

Edited by rediii

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

broken.

Imagine doing it with 10 accounts.

You can even break it apart and use the materials!

in 3 planks and a broken bottle in the corner of the shipyard :)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I think we have bigger things to worry about than 26k

if 25K is crashing the economy than something is wrong....which it's not cause I'm still saleing ships like crazy out of Marsh Harbour and they are crafted ships (H Rattler, Primce, Niagara's) and Tucks doing Snows so not every one has DLC's after all.

48 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

After a month you would obtain 780k gold!!!

I can make that on one trade run or a mission or two with a 1st rate...so it's not a game breaking amount if some one wants to sale there ship every day than so be it, but I think they sould give zero return (can't be sold for money) to be honest and that will shut the folks worry about 25K.

36 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Yah they should both been 5th rates from the start. Left out of shallow water port battles. I don't mind them in deep cause we have crushed a few easly in deep water PB's.  Though I do agree they should of had the other shallow water ships balanced first.

• Like 2

give them duration like the old system period. Thats 3 euro for 1 duration. I could live with that. Not ideal but without duration those ships can be either op and locked from port battles or not op and just not used. Also could make the redeemable a ship note. This way for 12 euro you get 5 requin notes. The community might not like it but in all honesty it is the only proper way to do this in my opinion. Lets be honest. How long would it take someone to loose 5 ships? If youre not an idiot it would be worth the 12 euros. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

Simply increase the timer. Only let people redeem them once a week, instead of being able to pull powerful ships out of their asses every 24 hours. That might be just enough to help things. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

if 25K is crashing the economy than something is wrong....which it's not cause I'm still saleing ships like crazy out of Marsh Harbour and they are crafted ships (H Rattler, Primce, Niagara's) and Tucks doing Snows so not every one has DLC's after all.

At present it is not.  But at what point does successful sales of a faulty DLC start to have an impact?   Fight your ship.  Dump it for a small bit of cash.  Respawn the next day in a different outpost.  Hey look, a port tow that makes money.

Say, when 10% of the player base is regenerating  Hercs and Le Reqs rather than buying ships?  20%?  30%?  At some point the math of the DLC will break the market.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

give them duration like the old system period. Thats 3 euro for 1 duration. I could live with that. Not ideal but without duration those ships can be either op and locked from port battles or not op and just not used. Also could make the redeemable a ship note. This way for 12 euro you get 5 requin notes. The community might not like it but in all honesty it is the only proper way to do this in my opinion. Lets be honest. How long would it take someone to loose 5 ships? If youre not an idiot it would be worth the 12 euros. 

This idea of paying over and over again just keeps coming up.

Might as well make it so you have to pay a monthly subscription to play and get it over with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

This idea of paying over and over again just keeps coming up.

Might as well make it so you have to pay a monthly subscription to play and get it over with.

5 ships for 12 euro is fuckall. If thats to expensive for people they should not buy it. Requin has basically ruined the game. This is not even close to wasa. 

5 hours ago, _Masterviolin said:

Simply increase the timer. Only let people redeem them once a week, instead of being able to pull powerful ships out of their asses every 24 hours. That might be just enough to help things. 

if the devs really want p2w like it is now then atleast make it expensive. 

26k is nothing at all!! 1 small 10 min mission gives 50K!!

And its the Hercs not the requins that are everywhere and OP.

The Requin has serious drawbacks if engaged correctly. The Hercs has none and are taking over combat more and more now and you redeem and sell them just the same.

But hey, a lot of you guys sail them so I guess that's ok.

DLC helps players who have lives outside of NA. Families, kids, jobs etc, so will help improve the game for casuals and others who cant live in a dark room with three Pcs churning out huge incomes with alt accounts..........

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crow said:

DLC helps players who have lives outside of NA. Families, kids, jobs etc, so will help improve the game for casuals and others who cant live in a dark room with three Pcs churning out huge incomes with alt accounts..........

Who needs three PC's? I just use one... 😛

31 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

The DLC should give you access to the Blueprint and nothing more

only on this conditions:

-tradable ship but not capturable

-10 blueprints only on sale

Lets wait for proper Deepwater DLC ship first ok?

If DLC ships are to be redeemed daily I think they should be trash ships.   They should not be competitive with the player-built ship market.   Tie the quality of a DLC ship to the frequency of it's redemption.  Daily redemption should result in grey 1/5 without any extra.

Edited by Greysteak
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Greysteak said:

If DLC ships are to be redeemed daily I think they should be trash ships.   They should not be competitive with the player-built ship market.   Tie the quality of a DLC ship to the frequency of it's redemption.  Daily redemption should result in grey 1/5 without any extra.

I could see this solving multiple issues.  If a DLC player wants the better ship, they wait for the longer redemption.  A week probably ought to do it.

In addition to mitigating the economic effects it might induce some conservatism in their use, possibly decreasing the issue brought up elsewhere regarding their presence in port battles.

Right now the DLCs are at an advantage in the economy over player-crafted ships in the green zones.  I suspect the only ships that might be competitive long-term are are those built by the folks using alts in the captureable ports.  The capturable ports increase the possibility of better ships, and alts provide a huge advantage in labor hours not available to players running single accounts.  But at some point the market math is likely to reach them as well.  On paper they will still be producing better ships.  But if the buyers all have DLCs, why bother?

In any event, a starting ship builder dropped in a national capital is going to have a very difficult time competing with this.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
clarification