Game-Labs Forum

The Unbreakable Bowsprit

29 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The Requin should lose its bowsprit to the Herc.

If you look, none of its sails are tied to the bowsprit. The front mast is kinda supported by it through. 

24 minutes ago, Sir John said:

Rigging on a ship with a bow sprit is inevitably connected to the bow sprit, the bow sprit is a major part of the rigging.  I'll spare you the details but, should the Herc lose her bow sprit in a realistic simulator, it might well drag her fore topmast down with it or something like that.  It is hard to simulate, let alone fathom the destruction shipboard during a battle.  
image.thumb.png.855d5b0f2e7c35355a20f32421f7af77.png

In this situation, I would wager that the colliding ship's fore topmast fell as a combination between the force of the collision and the loss of the structural support provided by her bow sprit.

This is what we should have in Naval Action to stop those rageboardes who do nothing but try to push you into the wind intentionally, @admin

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The Requin should lose its bowsprit to the Herc.

It doesn't matter, as Requin doesn't change sail characteristic without a bowsprit. It's a trully broken ship in many aspects, including this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I won the boarding. Being pushed into the wind constantly is annoying with no attempt on their part to do anything else.

I'm not sure if they were just trying to push you into the wind to board, but I have killed a few Hercs with the Le Requin by just leaning alongside them and shooting, most of their cannons cannot hit the low Le Requin and with carronades I can outdamage their cannons that do hit. 1v1 I have not lost a battle yet against a Herc in a Le Requin.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:02 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I won the boarding. Being pushed into the wind constantly is annoying with no attempt on their part to do anything else.

Its a boarding ship that's what they do.

You love to stern camp in your new 'super snow'. That's what you do.