Game-Labs Forum

Player trying to RMT in Nation Chat

8 hours ago, Anchalagon said:

So this guy is trying to sell the hercules DLC to people for 7.5m gold. As comments explained, he buys DLC with his RL money and gifts to buyer, in which buyer pays in-game gold for it. Pretty clear example of RMT.

Anchalagon

DLC ship cannot be sold because the DLC brings the ship into your docks right away and does not create a tradeable note. You cannot sell the DLC to other players its impossible. 

If he is not lying, if he really can do the trade - he is selling a ship note. (Hercules ship note which can be converted into a ship)

• Hercules note can be received by passing a Final exam in a combat tutorial. 
  • Hercules note can also be received in Epic events 

This is not rmt

10 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

^^True but on steam he can buy DLC as gift for him and he gives him gold, but its risky if person is unwilling to pay

Indeed. Someone can gift you a DLC and we cannot do anything about it because Valve wont do anything about it - as gifting is not against steam eula. 
GL does not endorse such kind of trades as players doing this trade cannot be protected by GL or Valve (i don't know if you can retract a gift for example if you were not paid in game). 

RMT rules were established some time ago.
Mass public offers to sell in game content for real money (which plaque chats in many MMOs like Wow) are not allowed. I think there was a rule about that - i will link it in a little bit. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, admin said:

RMT rules were established some time ago.
Mass public offers to sell in game content for real money (which plaque chats in many MMOs like Wow) are not allowed. I think there was a rule about that - i will link it in a little bit. 

Mass advertising of selling of in game goods for real world currency (e.g. player offers you in game gold - asking you to pay him real money in lets say PayPal) in public channels will cause immediate ban from chat.

But based on the screen in chat the player was looking to gift a DLC to someone (has not asked real world currency from anyone) and it is not obvious he was doing mass advertising for that. There are no rules for this yet. 

Lets discuss with the community here. 
Gifting is something we cannot control (steam controls that). There is no real way to enforce it. 

9 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

sooo... if I don't use in-game chat for RMT, does it really violate game rules? As RMT rules are meant to keep chats clean from this spam. Let's say I go in-voice with someone, offer him X for Y, he records it and posts in Tribunal as an offence? (besides that recording conversation without consent is illegal aka illegally obtained evidence)

It's not illegal, it's just not submissable in a court of law, which isn't really relevant here since developers can/will use it if they deem it appropriate.. But - talking about trades outside of the game cannot constitute an offence since GL is only permissable to make rulings directly related to their product. They can't however as the admin writes, assist in cases where trades run sour..

And really... 7.5 million for a DLC? - I can make that in less than an hour of AFK gameplay...

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

sooo... if I don't use in-game chat for RMT, does it really violate game rules? As RMT rules are meant to keep chats clean from this spam. Let's say I go in-voice with someone, offer him X for Y, he records it and posts in Tribunal as an offence? (besides that recording conversation without consent is illegal aka illegally obtained evidence)

We should be realistic here. 
If you buy @Christendom a beer and if he gifts you ocean in game for that. I cannot enforce, control or punish this. Its impossible. 

The goal of the RMT chat rule is to remove spam and remove RMT trading as a business from the game (selling in game items to make real money). Occasional barter transactions between friends are not covered by it. 

• Like 2

Meh who cares to be honest.  

He’s technically not buying gold for IRL money which is what the RMT rules attempt to prevent.  He’s putting money in games labs pocket and buying DLCs so others can continue enjoying the game.  Win win. 

pssst. @admin we got some other threads in this area for you to look at

Edited by Christendom

It's a legal transaction.  Someone paid RL money for a DLC through a legit transaction.  Someone received the DLC.  There's no wrongdoing there.  And if it's done 10,000 times there's still no wrongdoing there, as long as the transaction is made on both sides, someone paid and someone received.

And since all that is attributed to Valve and Steam account, then there's no in-game violation there.

And why would we care anyway?  The DLC is currently a legit way to gain the imported stuff, so if the transaction is legal then it's legitimately available.

I see nothing wrong here.