Game-Labs Forum

I have a sealed bottle location that says "Pickle Ship Wreck". Since the max cargo capacity for a Pickle is 168, I headed out to recover the cargo with a Trader Brig. Much to my surprise the ship held 2684 weight in cargo. I opened my hold (H) and tried to bring the cargo onboard, but each time I got the "overloaded" notice. Apparently the cargo can't be split. To load this cargo I would need 2 TBrigs or 2 LGVs or an Ind. If the cargo can't be split how can I load it onto more than one ship?

1. Why isn't the cargo restricted to the capacity of the wreck - in this case a Pickle at 168?

2 After a long search, why can't the cargo be split so at least it can be hauled back in multiple trips once found?

• Like 4

You need to take them at once, so you need indiaman. I am sure this problem has been brought many times to forum, still no improvements. 

• Like 3

Hello Admin and Devs,

We do need to be able to split the bottle loot so that captains with small traders can recover their loot because even if you went out with another brig or two in fleet you can't load it if you can't split it.

Thanks in advance.

Fair sailing all. 

• Like 1

_ it's better to name the wreck the same " size" read as the cargo size

it better for the name calling of the bottle to have a size hidden in the name.

it the letter in the bottle speaks about a pickle the size of the loot is not more than the hold of a pickle

in that case, you even can take it away with a pickle from the pickle wreck

at this moment your pickle wreck has a load and hold of an oil tanker from the 21st century

_ it needs adjustment on naming the bottles

like in this case :  Indiaman is wrecked at... (the coast )

_ also, an issue is that:  wrecks mostly are in the middle of the ocean but in real history, they sink....to the bottom.

they stay afloat for looting mostly at coastal areas where they ground and stay a wreck for a while.

we need more bottles at the coast and not in the middle of the ocean where there is no enemy to hunt  the ships

(and the correct position is needed to)

_ make wrecks visible for everyone.

- make rowboats from wrecked ships for a saved crew member with rare books found.

the wrecked mechanism has so many potentials to have his own story, that it can be a game of its own.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

You need to take them at once

No, you don't (unless it changed recently) You can inspect the wreck and return to it with a ship that can take the loot. Just don't try to take it in a ship that is too small.

And yes wrecks should reflect cargo size, and you should be able to split it between fleet ships. Maybe even have the ability to choose what you want to take.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jack Spencer said:

I have a sealed bottle location that says "Pickle Ship Wreck". Since the max cargo capacity for a Pickle is 168, I headed out to recover the cargo with a Trader Brig. Much to my surprise the ship held 2684 weight in cargo. I opened my hold (H) and tried to bring the cargo onboard, but each time I got the "overloaded" notice. Apparently the cargo can't be split. To load this cargo I would need 2 TBrigs or 2 LGVs or an Ind. If the cargo can't be split how can I load it onto more than one ship?

1. Why isn't the cargo restricted to the capacity of the wreck - in this case a Pickle at 168?

2 After a long search, why can't the cargo be split so at least it can be hauled back in multiple trips once found?

If you too lucky then you can get 25 Greenheart Logs and 1 Parisian Furniture. Total weight 25*90+1000=2250+1000=3250.

So only Indiaman can transport this loot.

But you can put a few bottles, and remove the heaviest elements from the hold.

So for one trip, download the most valuable loot from several bottles

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

@qw569Maybe i do not understand what u mean, but to my knowledge is not possible to have more than one bottle open, plus u have to get all the cargo in one go. So, unless changes were made, u're wrong!

Edited by RaimundoJoe

qw is right. Take 5 bottles in your ship. Open one. Pick up only the very good stuff. Open another one. Go there, pick up only the very good stuff. Open another...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

qw is right. Take 5 bottles in your ship. Open one. Pick up only the very good stuff. Open another one. Go there, pick up only the very good stuff. Open another...

Hmmm, but you can't select individual items in each shipwreck hull to salvage. It's an all-or-nothing business.

Just now, Ortac said:

Hmmm, but you can't select individual items in each shipwreck hull to salvage. It's an all-or-nothing business.

Discard what you don't want ? Indiaman should be okay for this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

I think the point is, one should be able to pick and choose from the wreck what you want, in whatever ship you want, without having to have a ship capable of carrying it all at one time. This seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think the point is, one should be able to pick and choose from the wreck what you want, in whatever ship you want, without having to have a ship capable of carrying it all at one time. This seems like a no-brainer to me.

Exactly.

Why are we restricted to all or nothing?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

And if he doesn't happen to have one of those?  If this was a newer player you are not talking about a trivial acquisition.

Was in this box more than once.  Not being able to select what you want is just silly.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Absolutely. That's one of the points I suggested in a more developed thread, which gives but also takes

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/25900-suggestion-not-so-empty-bottles-change/

• Like 3

I had the same problem today. No chance of taking single objects from the wreck, even not the doubloons.

I suggest that the hold of a wreck works like the warehouse, take what you can carry and come back for more.

To motivate people to clear the wreck, i suggest to have only 24 h for taking all loot, then the wreck will finally sink.

4 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

To motivate people to clear the wreck, i suggest to have only 24 h for taking all loot, then the wreck will finally sink.

Hopefully  72 hours would be better.  I often only have limited time, an hour, perhaps two.   Sometime I'm slow, and don't always get to log on everyday.  Making the age of sail into a blind rush of a hectic race doesn't  serve.  Nice to ... Relax and enjoy the game.

Or better yet make it random, so the wreck could sink at anytime.