Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Since we're considering new DLC's, I think the one which would give new players gunnery encyclopedia and ship handling books for some additional payment would be really useful. It would limit the gap between new and old players a bit. In the same time it wouldn't be "pay 2 win", since you can get those books through in-game actions.

5 ring book is less critical. Two mentioned above, especially ship handling, really make a difference in PvP.

Edited by vazco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I been trying to get a second set of "Lord of Rings" books for my shallow water alt....freaking wind book is avoiding me like well....the wind.  Would love to get him the gunnery set too, but I think getting rare books through DLC is a bad move.  Though I would be all for maybe having special missions that you can do in game to get books from and such.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Remember we're not going P2W route. Allow books for PvP marks.

That's even better :) Price should be affordable for new players though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Remember we're not going P2W route. Allow books for PvP marks.

While I think many of the books should be in the shop for PvP marks, I still think some of the rare ones should only be through Epic Events, special missions (which could be RvR or  PvP missions) and such, but not just random PvE drops (cause RNG HATES ME IN THIS GAME).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

While I think many of the books should be in the shop for PvP marks, I still think some of the rare ones should only be through Epic Events, special missions (which could be RvR or  PvP missions) and such, but not just random PvE drops (cause RNG HATES ME IN THIS GAME).

Those that are not critical for PvP can drop in events. Those that are as important as eg. ship handling should be more widely accessible, or removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Buying flags that carry bonuses, or dlc with copper plat. carta, etc. However, I think some of the rare books need to stay rare and only found in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOOOO

This game needs to encourage players to go out on the water and sink AI fleets and/or do epics for these books.  PREFERABLY out of the safe zone.  This game also needs a more lively trade market.  In game allocation of these books creates both.    

Let's please stop this DLC madness.....

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's kill only working economy of the game. Why not continue the NA Legends, with premium ships, ammo, premium equipments and books etc. Let's just copy WOT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Encyclopedias can add up to 13 knowledge slots in one fully unlocked ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Encyclopedias can add up to 13 knowledge slots in one fully unlocked ship.

 

Books doesn't matter playor skillz d3c1d3s. Guess some need that as mantra to feel good and to be good playorz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Let's kill only working economy of the game. Why not continue the NA Legends, with premium ships, ammo, premium equipments and books etc. Let's just copy WOT. 

The Legends model has failed twice for this game. I suspect it's DOA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legends model was never tried in full. Things would be very different if that happened, eco/pve/ow fans should be very glad Legends was shelved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vazco said:

Since we're considering new DLC's, I think the one which would give new players gunnery encyclopedia and ship handling books for some additional payment would be really useful. It would limit the gap between new and old players a bit. In the same time it wouldn't be "pay 2 win", since you can get those books through in-game actions.

5 ring book is less critical. Two mentioned above, especially ship handling, really make a difference in PvP.

It is a clear pay to win! The books are realy rare. I found them only in EpicEvents, and have still not all of the 3 "MegaBooks". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

The Legends model has failed twice for this game

Which is a pity, I really liked NAL for being able to train PVP skills. It would be great if it could be integrated into NA somehow (never give up). It was the best for beginners like me to really get a lot of good, cheap, easy, fun PVP experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, z4ys said:

Books doesn't matter playor skillz d3c1d3s. Guess some need that as mantra to feel good and to be good playorz.

I duel usually in vanilla ships, mediums, no mods, no books :) Just so no one later cries that book or mod won the duel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

The Legends model has failed twice for this game. I suspect it's DOA.

Legends model was failure in implementation, not a failure in design and idea. Bad development, poor decisions, bad testing envirounment.

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Christendom said:

so what opinions did you formulate after making this?

books dont matter thats why we see all books used ;) Especially encyclopedias are overrated. Everyone picking the handling one as 1st one points out how randomly we can pick the books.

lets be honest books are great they make us keep playing the game so we can be as good as the one who already owns them.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have to say the speed and boarding books give players an advantage over those that do not.  Obviously.  

As you said, I’m not convinced how much the gunnery books help unless it’s pure reload.  Even then very seldom am I in a position during a fight where I solely have to focus on DPS.  So who knows.

Id be more curious if you tracked the perm mods and what that outcome would look like.  Those I feel matter substantially more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...