Game-Labs Forum
King of Crowns

Hostility mission exploit

There is currently an exploit with hostility missions bear with me while I explain. A fleet of 10 ships usually first rates jumps into a mission. and then a smaller ship/fleet of trash ships pulls another hostility mission directly on top of the first mission. This will then hide the first battle with the 10 first rates. forcing the defenders to attack the smaller fleet which will troll/tag at max range will ball shot while the 10 first rates continue doing hostility. the only way to have access to the 10 first rates is to jump in the smaller mission and then leave the battle at which point the first mission with 10 first rates will become available to join. 

Defending against enemy hostility is already hard enough and requires flawless logistics and scouting and spys in order to catch it before the port battle is set. This exploit which has been used against WO/BLANC by British, USA and most recently Russia is Total BS and a way of trying to set the port battle without having to actually fight pvp. Such exploiting is to be expected from Christendom as he will do anything to avoid a fight. However, I didn't really expect Captian reverse's crew to do something like that but now we know.

This bug has a simple fix. make it so that both hostility missions can be seen and give the defenders the choice of which one to join. Or implement a mechanic that wont allow 2 hostility missions in the exact same place. This is a major exploit and should be addressed as soon as possible. I do believe that should only require some changing of numbers so that you wont have to divert any main attention away from Port UI. 

• Like 2

We want meaningful pvp.... Oh wait actual not. Easy win that's what we want. Proven many times.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

There is currently an exploit with hostility missions bear with me while I explain. A fleet of 10 ships usually first rates jumps into a mission. and then a smaller ship/fleet of trash ships pulls another hostility mission directly on top of the first mission. This will then hide the first battle with the 10 first rates. forcing the defenders to attack the smaller fleet which will troll/tag at max range will ball shot while the 10 first rates continue doing hostility. the only way to have access to the 10 first rates is to jump in the smaller mission and then leave the battle at which point the first mission with 10 first rates will become available to join. 

Defending against enemy hostility is already hard enough and requires flawless logistics and scouting and spys in order to catch it before the port battle is set. This exploit which has been used against WO/BLANC by British, USA and most recently Russia is Total BS and a way of trying to set the port battle without having to actually fight pvp. Such exploiting is to be expected from Christendom as he will do anything to avoid a fight. However, I didn't really expect Captian reverse's crew to do something like that but now we know.

This bug has a simple fix. make it so that both hostility missions can be seen and give the defenders the choice of which one to join. Or implement a mechanic that wont allow 2 hostility missions in the exact same place. This is a major exploit and should be addressed as soon as possible. I do believe that should only require some changing of numbers so that you wont have to divert any main attention away from Port UI. 

Since I'm named in this post for some unknown reason, please provide proof of my use of the this exploit.  I'm sure @Captain Reverse would also like some proof of him using the exploit.  

Words are fiction.

17 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

bla bla bla bla bla ....

Let's agree on a timer to port and meet face-to-face like adults.....

16 minutes ago, Gringo69rus said:

Let's agree on a timer to port and meet face-to-face like adults.....

Not opposed to that idea. I can see that yall fielded 21 guys last night which was impressive. we meet you at an arranged time but not for one of our important ports. we can fight over AYS if you like. we have fought Russia there in the past. 

13 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

we meet you at an arranged time but not for one of our important ports.

🙄

• Like 1

start exporting resources. you must understand that sooner or later it will happen and most likely early.

Oh, these sleepless nights ... Oh, these crazy Russians ...

dont sleep...dont sleep...Winter Is Coming...

34 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

start exporting resources. you must understand that sooner or later it will happen and most likely early.

Oh, these sleepless nights ... Oh, these crazy Russians ...

dont sleep...dont sleep...Winter Is Coming...

im fine if you take the port from us. if you get it you deserve to have it. however, don't exploit to do it.

Edited by King of Crowns

It's the hostility missions that favor the defender to much.. Smaller groups/clans struggle when trying to grind hostility against an entire nation. It's not an exploit imo, it's a work around! ;)

Please provide the port name that was affected by multiply hostility missions in one point.

6 minutes ago, Ink said:

Please provide the port name that was affected by multiply hostility missions in one point.

North inlet. is the most recent Friday night at 04 server time by the Russians. it also been used at san mateo and la navase but that was a couple of months ago. I can try to track down the dates if you want. 

Edited by King of Crowns

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

North inlet. is the most recent Friday night at 04 server time by the Russians. it also been used at san mateo and la navase but that was a couple of months ago. I can try to track down the dates if you want. 

Ok so my name came up above I figure  I'll add something in here.  I wasn't at San Mateo when we did that, but I'm very familiar with the testing we did.  We had like 20-30+ players in small ships (a few might of been in big ships too, but wasn't a whole fleet).  We had every one take solo mission and jump into them so that you can only jump into one mission at a time to try to stop us or multi and we just kite them.   It was very effective cause you didn't get 10 ships trap fighting 5-10 AI and 10 players and two you can trap the defenders in there so the others can finish off the agro.  We haven't tried it since as it's more effective with numbers and folks just don't want to be up at 1-4am in the morning when WO has port timers, it's just way to late even for weekends.   Which in my mind this is an exploit if stacking is one, cause you're doing what ever you can to avoid a fight.   You don't have control where those 20-30 missions go when you have that many folks pulling them so it's not really an exploit.

As for when I found out and posted about this it was just doing normal hostility and we had guys pick missions close to each other and it ended up double stacking two missions.  We had late comers show up to try to join one of the missions and couldn't cause it had anther stacked on top of it (we where trying to split our light ships from the SOL's so they wouldn't get killed by SOL AI when joining).  We have to my knowledge never gone out of our way to stack multi missions on purpose.  We have picked very close ones to have it so when we leave we are all grouped up close to each other and can just jump into the next one quickly.  I assume that isn't against any rules though.

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

The same location mission spawn is a repeating pattern of all ports. Missions tend to spawn in the same places.

Yep even some times it will tell you can't take any more missions cause there are to many in one location so you have to exit the mission tab and come back in to try again.

14 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

It's the hostility missions that favor the defender to much.. Smaller groups/clans struggle when trying to grind hostility against an entire nation. It's not an exploit imo, it's a work around! ;)

I think OW player kills should stay the same, but hostility missions the hit you take for loosing a ship is big when your in a death trap.  Pretty much we have to bring screeners to tie up any defenders from jumping into the missions or we can go and have 90% to 0 hostility from loosing one hostility fleet in a fight.   Most folks than loose interest and leave as they don't want to spend even more time grinding out a port specially when dealing with a better smaller team in these low BR ports.  We also have way to many 2500 BR ports ont he map. I get they want to give small clans a chance, but let the bigger ones field more than 6-7 guys too.  Biggest complaint I get with PB's is, "Why can't I join the PB if I did the hostility?"  Cause we have to bring in the 6-7 best players not 10-15 of you guys that did all the hard work.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yep even some times it will tell you can't take any more missions cause there are to many in one location so you have to exit the mission tab and come back in to try again.

That happens when 1 player takes missions, here is the case of 2 different players having mission in the same spot.

Maybe it’s time to simply get rid of hostility missions all together. They exceedingly rarely generate any content and they’re boring even at the best of times, in addition to being gamey and exploitable in more than just the way the OP describes.

I propose making port battles scheduled by buying a flag for the following day at 1000 times the BR of the port battle. If the attackers win they get the port. If the defenders win they get the money the attackers put up split among the ships in the defending fleet.

Only one port battle per defending nation per time slot.

Make port battles and screening great again by removing the barriers to scheduling them.

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Wraith said:

Maybe it’s time to simply get rid of hostility missions all together. They exceedingly rarely generate any content and they’re boring even at the best of times, in addition to being gamey and exploitable in more than just the way the OP describes.

I propose making port battles scheduled by buying a flag for the following day at 1000 times the BR of the port battle. If the attackers win they get the port. If the defenders win they get the money the attackers put up split among the ships in the defending fleet.

Only one port battle per defending nation per time slot.

Make port battles and screening great again by removing the barriers to scheduling them.

hostilitymissions generate content in ports that are populated by players and give the defender a nice first defence. It is way easier to defend than a PB

4 hours ago, rediii said:

hostilitymissions generate content in ports that are populated by players and give the defender a nice first defence. It is way easier to defend than a PB

But which is more fun? Grinding and counter-grinding hostility, along with the ganks that come along with it, or the strategy and planning that come along with port battles, screening, crafting and ship building/losses that come along with all of that?

When was the last time we had a port battle that really mattered in this game? Between paying taxes on ports that don’t earn, the grind needed to actually flip a port, and the lack of necessity to own ports RvR in the game is dead. And when you strip away the end game all you have left is gank or be ganked gameplay.

@Jeheil would not be impressed... With the lack of will to implement on-demand RvR-related PvP in the form of raids or some other content, the devs have hugely shortchanged the end game, and you’re seeing vets bitching on the forums and not playing because of it.

It sucks to grind hostility..unless the defenders show up to stop you. A 10v10 showdown is awesome content.

23 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok so my name came up above I figure  I'll add something in here.  I wasn't at San Mateo when we did that, but I'm very familiar with the testing we did.  We had like 20-30+ players in small ships (a few might of been in big ships too, but wasn't a whole fleet).  We had every one take solo mission and jump into them so that you can only jump into one mission at a time to try to stop us or multi and we just kite them.   It was very effective cause you didn't get 10 ships trap fighting 5-10 AI and 10 players and two you can trap the defenders in there so the others can finish off the agro.  We haven't tried it since as it's more effective with numbers and folks just don't want to be up at 1-4am in the morning when WO has port timers, it's just way to late even for weekends.   Which in my mind this is an exploit if stacking is one, cause you're doing what ever you can to avoid a fight.   You don't have control where those 20-30 missions go when you have that many folks pulling them so it's not really an exploit.

As for when I found out and posted about this it was just doing normal hostility and we had guys pick missions close to each other and it ended up double stacking two missions.  We had late comers show up to try to join one of the missions and couldn't cause it had anther stacked on top of it (we where trying to split our light ships from the SOL's so they wouldn't get killed by SOL AI when joining).  We have to my knowledge never gone out of our way to stack multi missions on purpose.  We have picked very close ones to have it so when we leave we are all grouped up close to each other and can just jump into the next one quickly.  I assume that isn't against any rules though.

I think OW player kills should stay the same, but hostility missions the hit you take for loosing a ship is big when your in a death trap.  Pretty much we have to bring screeners to tie up any defenders from jumping into the missions or we can go and have 90% to 0 hostility from loosing one hostility fleet in a fight.   Most folks than loose interest and leave as they don't want to spend even more time grinding out a port specially when dealing with a better smaller team in these low BR ports.  We also have way to many 2500 BR ports ont he map. I get they want to give small clans a chance, but let the bigger ones field more than 6-7 guys too.  Biggest complaint I get with PB's is, "Why can't I join the PB if I did the hostility?"  Cause we have to bring in the 6-7 best players not 10-15 of you guys that did all the hard work.

Your name did not come up, thanks for the essay though.

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

It sucks to grind hostility..unless the defenders show up to stop you. A 10v10 showdown is awesome content.

Only it's not 10 vs. 10. It's 10 vs. 10 AI + 10 players and their buddies on the outside, with RoE that can be gamed in multiple ways, as pointed out by the OP... I've been on both sides of the hostility trap and it's just a lazily developed mechanism for generating PvP.

Edited by Wraith

3 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Your name did not come up, thanks for the essay though.

Actually my name was mentioned in the first OP but seems both it and Chris was taken out since.   So maybe you should keep your trap shut when your not talking about the topic on hand.   

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Only it's not 10 vs. 10. It's 10 vs. 10 AI + 10 players and their buddies on the outside, with RoE that can be gamed in multiple ways, as pointed out by the OP... I've been on both sides of the hostility trap and it's just a lazily developed mechanism for generating PvP.

Some times makes me wonders if some of the guys actually play the game before they speak.  Cause every time I been jump doing these missions it's been about 5 AI left and we are all pretty beat up (normally the guys that didn't come in tanked out ships) and than we get jumped by 10 fresh 1st rates with full repairs and it becomes an hour long running battle.   

That are you flip the port and done with it before any one has a clue which is what happens most of the time when it's done.

• Like 1