Game-Labs Forum

Stop using mm/dd/yyyy

Age of sail logs entries are by month blocks. They would state the month once and then the day number per entry needed ( and individual entries for different hours during the day ).

So MM/DD

:) 

For gameplay reasons, sure. Have an option to choose format.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Stop using mm/dd/yyyy and change it to dd/mm/yyyy for when you press m (top left) date.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by using this system.

images.jpg

Whose flag is on the moon?  :P

And you can keep your metric system too!  Lol

Edited by The Wren
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Stop using mm/dd/yyyy and change it to dd/mm/yyyy for when you press m (top left) date.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by using this system.

images.jpg

Yes. Yes, Yes...this ridiculous illogical format gets right on my tits!

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I actually never understood the Month/Day/Year thing for the US, but than again in the miitary we would us 05JUL2018 not 07/05/2018.....so can I get it 05JUL2018 instead please?

NATO standard...

Ok but I want an option to change all measurements from your silly metric system to the proper Standard (FPS) system. Inches and feet.

You know, the measurement system that actually makes sense to use. [insert man on the moon remarks here] “Hmm what’s half a millimeter? A quarter of a millimeter? Uh....lemme calculate that real quick for ya *bunch of zeros behind a decimal*”  Vs. “Hmm what’s half a sixteenth of an inch? 1/32nd an inch. Half of that? 1/64th.” 

Yes this is definitely what NA needs most right now. We don’t have any OP ships that need balancing or any broken game mechanics. 😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, William Death said:

Ok but I want an option to change all measurements from your silly metric system to the proper Standard (FPS) system. Inches and feet.

You know, the measurement system that actually makes sense to use. [insert man on the moon remarks here] “Hmm what’s half a millimeter? A quarter of a millimeter? Uh....lemme calculate that real quick for ya *bunch of zeros behind a decimal*”  Vs. “Hmm what’s half a sixteenth of an inch? 1/32nd an inch. Half of that? 1/64th.” 

Yes this is definitely what NA needs most right now. We don’t have any OP ships that need balancing or any broken game mechanics. 😂

You've been using a metric system from day one, Pennies/Cents to Dollars? Inches are split into tens, hundred's and thousandths etc. Don't get me wrong I am old enough to remember being taught the IMPERIAL system, BUT, the metric system makes waaaay more sense.

Your date format sucks and is not logical.

Actually, since we’re in a game with ship construction we should be using feet inches and eighths and pluses since that’s what they’d likely be using. That’d be 2-3-4+ for 2 feet 3 and 9/16ths inches.  But perhaps that’s too nautical for you metric types 😀

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Moon doesn't have a day-night-cycle, as it's tidally locked.

It does actually.  A day on the moon equals it's orbital period.  It spins once around on it's axis for each orbit of the earth.  About 327 hours of daylight followed by 327 hours of night each lunar day.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Brits need to drive on the right side of the road. It is annoying and makes no sense. Much like this suggestion 😀

I actually agree with you as a brit I'd be willing to change for the greater good.  Now admit that your dates are silly 😋 

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

NATO standard...

not true.

mm/dd/yy is only a us civilian date format and the USA is the only country in the world that uses mm/dd/yy in civilian text and sometimes it is used by Canada when talking to people from the US who can't convert to a real date format and a few others, mostly middle east use M/DD/YY on occaisions rather than mm/dd/yy where single M is alphabetic rather than numeric.

The Department of State and the Department of Defense (and NATO) timestamp their reports and messages with text date-time-group formatted as DDHHMM(X) MMMYY, where DD represents the 2-digit day of the month, HHMM is 24-hour time, X is an alphabetic character that indicates the time zone (ideally this should be Z for "Zulu Time" in UTC to avoid misunderstandings about the time and day, but L for "local time" may also be used), MMM is the abbreviated month, and YY is the last two digits of the year. For example, 091630(Z) JUL 11 represents 16:30 UTC on 9 July 2011.[6] The DDHHMMZ format is also used worldwide in aviation meteorology for timestamps in METAR and TAF weather reports (month and year are omitted altogether due to very limited validity of these reports).

Only a non-military person in the USA would favour mm/dd/yy.

The ISO standard is dd/mm/yy as well.

For clarity please reference the following for civilian time formats....

368886824_dateformats.thumb.jpg.c2c75f92d975aedd3a95ac2c5297f985.jpg

Edited by Moria15