Game-Labs Forum

Is this really what you wanted?

Two or more years of development have gone into NAVAL ACTION - only to finish it off now?
Woods and crafting specifications, reasons for trading and for building ships - all wiped off the table?

Now, anybody can come to make some trouble in his HERCULES or REQUIN, and if he isn't pleased with the BATTLE,
he'll give up his vessel and hop out, to come back with his next PAYWARE ship.

There are SO MANY GOOD and INTERESTING bits in NAVAL ACTION - why is all that never getting finished and improved?
Why does a FIRE not make a ship helpless (everybody trying to extinguish it; sails burning down etc.)?
Why is it useless to be a PIRATE - PIRATES could have things and advantages the NATIONs don't have?
Why should anybody care about trading, if it is not necessary anymore, cause everyone will sail a SHOP-ship?

You are about to kill it all - the game will become something completely different; something like WAR THUNDER (argh!) -
and will be totally unattractive for the clients you attracted so far; people who are rather 40-plus, with an interest in the age of sail.

No idea if it can still be stopped, or if you even want that - but for me, the time is coming to an end, when NAVAL ACTION
was a VERY PROMISING development - a rare thing in a time of "crash-boom-bang"...

Makes me so sad - it really does...

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Wolfram Harms said:

Two or more years of development have gone into NAVAL ACTION - only to finish it off now?
Woods and crafting specifications, reasons for trading and for building ships - all wiped off the table?

Now, anybody can come to make some trouble in his HERCULES or REQUIN, and if he isn't pleased with the BATTLE,
he'll give up his vessel and hop out, to come back with his next PAYWARE ship.

There are SO MANY GOOD and INTERESTING bits in NAVAL ACTION - why is all that never getting finished and improved?
Why does a FIRE not make a ship helpless (everybody trying to extinguish it; sails burning down etc.)?
Why is it useless to be a PIRATE - PIRATES could have things and advantages the NATIONs don't have?
Why should anybody care about trading, if it is not necessary anymore, cause everyone will sail a SHOP-ship?

You are about to kill it all - the game will become something completely different; something like WAR THUNDER (argh!) -
and will be totally unattractive for the clients you attracted so far; people who are rather 40-plus, with an interest in the age of sail.

No idea if it can still be stopped, or if you even want that - but for me, the time is coming to an end, when NAVAL ACTION
was a VERY PROMISING development - a rare thing in a time of "crash-boom-bang"...

Makes me so sad - it really does...

This game is in no way becoming war thunder 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfram Harms said:

... people who are rather 40-plus, with an interest in the age of sail....

And why is everyone complaining about sailing in a sailing game? That bulding ships is hard? So much time effort?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And why is everyone complaining about sailing in a sailing game? That bulding ships is hard? So much time effort?

I don't mind the sailing, loved hunting other non trader players in OW. Attacking an unarmed/underarmed trade ship offers 0 challenge.

The things I dislike were both trading and crafting, both are tedious and boring and a complete waste of time. I might as well play FarmVille or something along those lines if that's what I'm after in a game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Well, I'm not EVERYbody, I'm just SOMEbody - but I never complained about those things.

Maybe the devs could find other solutions for those not into crafting. And after all, you can buy many ships in the SHOP -
at least in my NATION Sweden. Also, our clan organised the crafting stuff - so not everbody has to care about that.

EDIT: don't get me wrong: I still LOVE NAVAL ACTION. That's why I'm afraid it is about to lose what makes it so good.

Edited by Wolfram Harms

PS: I understand that the DEVELOPERS need to earn some money. So two suggestions:

- why not sell PAINTS - single for 2 Dollars, or packages. They will sink with the ships and will be bought again. People LIKE such stuff.

- or sell red or black sails, or special FLAGs?

6 minutes ago, Wolfram Harms said:

PS: I understand that the DEVELOPERS need to earn some money. So two suggestions:

- why not sell PAINTS - single for 2 Dollars, or packages. They will sink with the ships and will be bought again. People LIKE such stuff.

- or sell red or black sails, or special FLAGs?

1. How many are willing to spend money on something they can lose and have to repurchase if/when lost? Even low dollar amounts add up over time.

2. I think awhile back there was a historical issue regarding colored sails. Could be wrong probably been over a year since I thought I read it.

Edited by Ruthless4u

2 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

1. How many are willing to spend money on something they can lose and have to repurchase if/when lost? Even low dollar amounts add up over time.

Believe it or not, but people pay small amounts with not too much worries. I would. Just because it's fun to sail your own PAINTs.
Of course there'd need to be some rich choice of PAINTs, and they should look believeable for the time.

Edited by Wolfram Harms

6 minutes ago, Wolfram Harms said:

Believe it or not, but people pay small amounts with not too much worries. I would. Just because it's fun to sail your own PAINTs.
Of course there'd need to be some rich choice of PAINTs, and they should look believeable for the time.

If I'm going to throw away 2 bucks, then I'm buying a lotto ticket :D

I see the problem that DLC ships presents and to be honest I'm tempted. Being primarily a solo player with variable hours it is a good deal for a guy like me. Can't do clans so almost no support for crafting and trading so easily replaceable ships is hard to pass up, but I'm managing so far.

• Like 1

DLCs have been the best things and probably the worst things to happen to this game in a while.

They got more people on the water and out PVPn again.  The shallows are more lively than ever.  

But.....Requins and hercs have ruined all other shallow water ships and in the case of the requin, most smaller frigates also.  

I think 24hr CD on the redeemables is too high.  Maybe 1 a week.  AND you can only have 1 total in dock/fleet.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 8

Many suggestions have been made for YEARS to change pirate nation into something unique. Same for economy changes. Truth is, these things are not priorities right now. UI is top priority and every time people raise hell on the forums about other things, the UI gets delayed longer. 

Imo many things have been changed for the better over the last year and overall the game is better than it ever has been (ignoring population numbers). Is it perfect? Not even close, but I think we are moving in the right direction.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Christendom said:

DLCs have been the best things and probably the worse things to happen to this game in a while.

They got more people on the water and out PVPn again.  The shallows are more lively than ever.  

But.....Requins and hercs have ruined all other shallow water ships and in the case of the requin, most smaller frigates also.  

I think 24hr CD on the redeemables is too high.  Maybe 1 a week.

I disagree.

Keep the 24 hour cooldown as per admin's "cooldown will be similar to the amount of hours it takes to craft the ship" statement.

instead, either nerf the herc/requin, or buff all shallow water ships to a respectable level to compete. Make the "Perk" of a DLC ship be that you can redeem it and not have to spend any time with crafting or waiting for materials. the DLC ships should be a "non-crafters" dream, but it should NOT be more powerful than other ships, it should be balanced among the rest of the ships in it's class.

the Requin not only is a "sail force god" but also the "supreme boarder" because of the legit broken amount of crew it can get over any other shallow water ship, it has complete control of the wind, and complete control of when and where it boards. Determined Defender is rendered useless. To me, it clearly shows that Determined Defender is still utterly stupid with it's current "bonus" and not only must the Crew of the Requin be looked at, but the Determined Defender perk must seriously need a change too so that people who aren't in a Requin can also choose to board or not.

Im playing so much specifically because I love sailing the requin.

I would enjoy it just as much if it was craftable and not dlc but Im okay with the situation. The devs need money or we lose our beloved game. There wont be another naval game like naval action if it fails.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I disagree.

Keep the 24 hour cooldown as per admin's "cooldown will be similar to the amount of hours it takes to craft the ship" statement.

instead, either nerf the herc/requin, or buff all shallow water ships to a respectable level to compete. Make the "Perk" of a DLC ship be that you can redeem it and not have to spend any time with crafting or waiting for materials. the DLC ships should be a "non-crafters" dream, but it should NOT be more powerful than other ships, it should be balanced among the rest of the ships in it's class.

24 hour cool down is perfect for the time pressed players like myself, which is why the DLC ships are tempting for me, with a new baby my time is limited so time trading, crafting is a real pain. Never mind it's boring anyways lol.

Nerfing the ships after the purchase of them is probably not the best method.  Improving the other smaller shallow water ships is too time consuming for the devs.  A more simple approach needs to be taken.  Increase the CD on them and restrict them from ANY and ALL port battles.  No premium ships in port battles....ever.

• Like 1

How is buffing the armour and guns on a hvy rattle time consuming?  You change a value in a line of code done.  At the moment a herc can rip half a. Roadside off a tough hvy rattle vs taking superficial dmg in return.   

As for the requin.   I boarded 3 people in a 10 vs 5 then got away easily in a live oak white oak requin.   Tough as a medium frigate, only faster requin can hope to catch it then that requin is miles upwind from any help and the tougher requin can turn and batter it till it disengages.. Only the herc can even last a few rounds in boarding with my requin most shallow ships get 1-2 shot by me.

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

DLCs have been the best things and probably the worst things to happen to this game in a while.

This is true.

Was it so that when the game was less economy based it had most players?

Most players wanted and want Naval ACTION?

The shallows are more lively than ever because it has more action?

Anything we can learn from this?

• Like 1

As a returning, solo player and having seen the eco part of the game for long enough, these DLCs are exactly what I was looking for. 

Unlocks the option to skip hours of boring ressource management, and get right to where it's at in this beautiful game: combat.

In my humble opinion, there should be even more ships obtainable as DLCs.

2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

This is true.

Was it so that when the game was less economy based it had most players?

Most players wanted and want Naval ACTION?

The shallows are more lively than ever because it has more action?

Anything we can learn from this?

Might be a large part of it

The guys who want more PVP and PVE only guys have been going at it on here for ages it seems. I honestly feel most players don't want to spend the majority of their time tied up in trading, a lot of that has to do with sailing times( which I'm good with). I think a lot of at least the younger crowd see the gameplay vids, expect a decent amount of PVP combat then get bogged down in the Econ work and leave.

11 hours ago, Wolfram Harms said:

Fire shock is in game for a very long time, it IS making ship helpless, with everybody trying to extinguish it; sails burning down etc.

This false representation makes everyone question you post and intentions. 

• Like 3