Game-Labs Forum
admin

Flags Flags Flags

1 hour ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

Thanks for the beautiful pictures in this topic

Thanks  @z4ys and @Wind (long time ago) for interesting historical references on flag visuals during naval multinational parades.

Need your opinion which picture you like more

Grey

Blue

reply in comments

No pirate flags.

Therefore, two pictures are just awful :D

• Like 1

I prefer the blue picture (more lighthearted).

On 10/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, admin said:

Update on flags… 

This is the first draft flag collection - will be available on steam somewhere by mid November.

ojdXPQ3.jpg

Will there be a second/final draft posted some day ?

On 10/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, admin said:

please let us know if we missed anything and if there are specific flags you wanted to add to current 11 nations

Looking at the French flags, I can see, from the first draft and the picture you posted today, flags for all the French historic periods of NA time frame : Ancien Régime, Revolution, Empire, Restauration. That's nice indeed. Thx. But the choice of the flags for the Ancien Régime bugs me a little (still from what I can see) :

• the King's flag 
  • the beautiful red flag of the French galleys
  • the flag of the city of Calais (if I ain't mistaken : white with a small red cross on its top left corner)

But no white flag of the French warships ?

When sailing a 7th-6th rate or a frigate during the Ancien Régime, say La Renommée or whatever, I hardly see myself using one of these 3 flags.

Nice DLC however.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 4:43 AM, admin said:

Update on flags… 

This is the first draft flag collection - will be available on steam somewhere by mid November.

ojdXPQ3.jpg

please let us know if we missed anything and if there are specific flags you wanted to add to current 11 nations

Looks nice but have one question will they be restricted to the nation that flew them?  Other wise it would be like having false flags in battle and could get a bit confusing if said a British players fly's the Spanish flag and a Dane player the US flag and a US player has the french flag.   I hate to restrict them but I think they should be restricted to nation of orgin, or how will they work in game cause if you only see them and every one else see's the generic flag than it won't matter, but if every one to see....like a clan all use one flag than would others see that one flag on that ship?

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, LeBoiteux said:

But no white flag of the French warships ?

When sailing a 7th-6th rate or a frigate during the Ancien Régime, say La Renommée or whatever, I hardly see myself using one of these 3 flags.

yes, we need the historical pure white flag for the french navy too.

@admin: it is probably possible to remove the white flag for neutral ships and those who surrendered in battle?

Edited by Citoyen J

43 minutes ago, REPUBLIQUE said:

@admin: it is probably possible to remove the white flag for (...) those who surrendered in battle?

by replacing the use of the white flag for ceasefire/surrender (a use that doesn't belong to NA timeframe) with lowering the national flag (or, at least, its immediate disappearance) ?

I guess it needs some coding.

Edited by LeBoiteux

48 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Looks nice but have one question will they be restricted to the nation that flew them?  Other wise it would be like having false flags in battle and could get a bit confusing if said a British players fly's the Spanish flag and a Dane player the US flag and a US player has the french flag.   I hate to restrict them but I think they should be restricted to nation of orgin, or how will they work in game cause if you only see them and every one else see's the generic flag than it won't matter, but if every one to see....like a clan all use one flag than would others see that one flag on that ship?

I think this one is a given, except for maybe pirates who could be allowed to fly any flag. Imagining a battle between GB and France, where the brits fly the french flags and the french fly british flags sounds nothing but cringy. Giving the level of historical accuracy and love for detail of the game, I hope the devs think the same.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

by replacing the use of the white flag for ceasefire/surrender (a use that doesn't belong to NA timeframe) with lowering the national flag (or, at least, its immediate disappearance) ?

I guess it needs some coding.

exactly

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Looks nice but have one question will they be restricted to the nation that flew them? 

yes. You could only use flags of your nation. 

• Like 2

I prefer the blueish more. It has warm colors that reminds me of all the glorious NA moments while the greyish makes me sad.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, admin said:

Good to know, but I do think that concept of a false flag would be a very interseting perk for Pirates or even Privateers in game if we could ever figure out how to do it and not have it abused.

1 hour ago, admin said:

the real question is, where is the pirate flag? :D

9 hours ago, admin said:

Grey

wNizBsz.jpg

Blue

5Sc8YAB.jpg

reply in comments

Grey - more of a feeling of foreboding, bad weather, and danger. The blue is pretty but implies more of a pleasure cruise. I vote grey. 

Does that mean all flags will be in 1 Dlc for say, $15?

IMHO it would be better to make smaller packs. Per nation or even 1 dlc per Flag, say $1 per Flag.

And im voting for blue

Edited by Liq