Game-Labs Forum

Flags Flags Flags

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, Sovereign said:

Still waiting for the Portuguese...

Yes... don't forget the Portuguese, the more the Nations the better. Then the Portuguese can play as Portuguese.

Perhaps the Baochuan in as DLC? That Beautiful gigant of a Chinese Treasuire Junk. A massive hulk indeed.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

By the way, the French flag called Para mar et terra was the flag of the Compagnie Franche de la marine which was the equivalent of the Marines... those were soldiers not sailors and so it wasn't a navy flag.

Shh, that flag is dope me want.

I could consider buying this dlc but it bother me that if i don't have the prolific forger one, i get much less value from it as i am limited to my nation's flag and i know i will not use more than one or two of them.

If by joining a foreign nation in battle i could use a predefined banner from this nation it would be great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Devs,

this is my contribution for more flag variety for Sweden:

1.) Flag of Pomerania: Pomerania was under Swedish rule from 1648-1821, before Prussia occupied Pomerania.

2.) Flag Kurland-Semgallia: Courland was occupied by Sweden during the Great Northern War (1700-1721) and was even administered by a Swedish governor. Defining the legitimate claims of Poland, Saxony and Russia on flags of Courland I propose the multicolor-flag or the simple ducal flag red-white.

Jakob Kettler

Pommernflagge-01.jpg

Kurlandflagge-01.jpg

Kurlandflagge-02.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jakob.Kettler said:

Hello Devs,

this is my contribution for more flag variety for Sweden:

1.) Flag of Pomerania: Pomerania was under Swedish rule from 1648-1821, before Prussia occupied Pomerania.

2.) Flag Kurland-Semgallia: Courland was occupied by Sweden during the Great Northern War (1700-1721) and was even administered by a Swedish governor. Defining the legitimate claims of Poland, Saxony and Russia on flags of Courland I propose the multicolor-flag or the simple ducal flag red-white.

Jakob Kettler

Pommernflagge-01.jpg

Kurlandflagge-01.jpg

Kurlandflagge-02.jpg

Beautiful flags, but we might want to be careful with nations who were occupied by our Main nations.  Consider how many nations have been occupied by the Brits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Beautiful flags, but we might want to be careful with nations who were occupied by our Main nations.  Consider how many nations have been occupied by the Brits. 

Hello,

the two land masses were integral parts of Sweden, Pomerania even 250 years ...

Jakob Kettler

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jakob.Kettler said:

Hello,

Jakob Kettler

Look at Belgium for an example.  Using your arguement, the flags of Lotharingia, Flanders and Brabant, should be available to both the Netherlands or Spanish nations.  I'm not saying its completely wrong, but I'm wondering if it can be taken too far.  On your side of the issue, I would very much prefer the Scottish Royal flag to be available instead of that boring British stuff.

15 minutes ago, Jakob.Kettler said:

Hello,

Jakob Kettler

Exactly. And the swedish flags we have atm will not motivate me to buy the DLC for my Swedish account. I bought it for my US account because I like the rattlesnake flag. Jakob Kettlers suggested flags look great. I would like to see them and the HRE flag havelock suggested for Sweden.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Loorkon said:

Exactly. And the swedish flags we have atm will not motivate me to buy the DLC for my Swedish account. I bought it for my US account because I like the rattlesnake flag. Jakob Kettlers suggested flags look great. I would like to see them and the HRE flag havelock suggested for Sweden.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  People have to be motivated to fly the flag and if it's boring, or does not represent their particular nationality/culture, then they feel its wasted.  I just wonder how far Devs are willing to go down this path.  It's definitely a money maker for them if they expand it.  Might get somewhat confusing in battle though....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jakob.Kettler said:

Hello,

Jakob Kettler

Are that flags used on ships or land troops / cities? Because we are only looking for naval flags

28 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Look at Belgium for an example.  Using your arguement, the flags of Lotharingia, Flanders and Brabant, should be available to both the Netherlands or Spanish nations.  I'm not saying its completely wrong, but I'm wondering if it can be taken too far.  On your side of the issue, I would very much prefer the Scottish Royal flag to be available instead of that boring British stuff.

Hi,

many European countries are composed of duchies, kingdoms and counties. If we set the flags only for the core areas (England, Muscowy, Prussia, France, Spain etc.), nobody would buy flags anymore. Then a whole lot of flags would disappear again - and even the survival of the Union of Lithuania and Poland would be questionable.

Jakob

22 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Are that flags used on ships or land troops / cities? Because we are only looking for naval flags

Come on, look at the French flags of the DLC : an Infantry flag and an ensign used only by Mediterranean galleys, while the warship naval ensign used during 90 years of the 18th century is missing. Vaguely historical seems enough.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Come on, look at the French flags of the DLC : an Infantry flag and an ensign used only by Mediterranean galleys, while the warship naval ensign used during 90 years of the 18th century is missing. Vaguely historical seems enough.

hm.... then

linienfussartillerieregimenter_jpg_w560h

Friedrich_II_in_der_Schlacht_bei_Zorndor

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Sovereign said:

If the french actually do have a infantry flag, by all means, give this one to prussia. The majority of prussian flags are just slightly altered versions of the default.

well... my point was actually to make NA more historical, not less (by adding more non-historical flags).

And the more non-historical flag implemented in game for this timeframe, that should be definitely deleted, is the white flag of the surrender system and of the Neutral.

And the French warships should be given back the only naval ensign they used during 115 years out of the 140 years of NA time frame : the white monarchic ensign.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

Please....speak historical when they will only begin to remove non historical flags (Russia, Prussia and others...)... Atm don t speak ..of ...historicallolilol

Please... don't 'speak historical'.

The last time you did, you suggested and got in game the flag below, stating it was a napoleonic naval ensign while, in fact, it was a royalist infantry flag...  😂

On 7/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, DesMoines said:

French Flags

Under Napoleon

Napoleon.jpg.5f7a66892f7be2e562886b701219eff1.jpg

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

A Swedish royal naval flag from around 1764 This flag is also believed to be the first royal flag which represents members of the royal house onboard.Sverige_1764_kunglig.jpg

BTW. First of all "royal" is spelled "kungliga" in Swedish. Secondly. The union trade flag looks just like the 1815 warflag except the tongues.

Sverige_1600-tal-300x162.jpg

The naval warflag from 1695.

Edited by Rigge1988
  • Like 1