Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin handling

Njord

Question

I am looking for a visualization of perfect or nearly perfect handling of the new Xebec. Sometimes the movement of the ship feels unnatural and I want to be sure it isn't because of my inability to manual sail it 100% correctly. I am also open and thankful for any other tips and advice regarding the ship. Thank you captains o7

3 answers to this question

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, Angelo Morosini said:

I like the mediterranean vessel the xebec I would like to have a guide to sail her too. They are beautiful ships it is a shame you cannot turn the sail the whole way around, I feel that this was a something that you could do with the ship in history. Does anyone know of a replication of her? Are there other people who might offer advice on experts too?

My understanding of managing a real xebec - lateen sails did not turn all the way around because the mast shrouds interfere. When set, the boom and gaff were in between the mast and shrouds. In fact the tack was a weak point in the xebec sailing, the sail had to be loosened then the front corner was pushed down to the mast and then around to the other side then let back out to the front. A time consuming task.

DSC03009.thumb.JPG.3bc8aff89473d3d43cfee65d7ceec75c.JPG

DSC03010.thumb.JPG.3ca6c72e7781e5a57318d745337cd439.JPG

The animation of that maneuver here in NA is not realistic. The gaff magically moves thru the mast and ends up on the other side.

All that said they are a nice addition to the game. Gives us something new to think about.

• Like 1

I like the mediterranean vessel the xebec I would like to have a guide to sail her too. They are beautiful ships it is a shame you cannot turn the sail the whole way around, I feel that this was a something that you could do with the ship in history. Does anyone know of a replication of her? Are there other people who might offer advice on experts too?