Game-Labs Forum

On 6/30/2018 at 7:05 AM, beagleplease said:

whats beyond silly is giving the 100 or so players who spend the most time in game a huge advantage over the rest of the player base and potential player base, so those players leave. 

Pretty much, game has been dominated by a few and their alts for a couple years, rest of the population are just easy marks to bully and make fun of in game or in chat so they leave.  

• Like 1

Today NA is a PvE game where you can do PvP. Years ago it was a PvP game.

It is PvE because in PvE games you have gear progress. In PvP game emphasis is in balance.

Edinorogs, rare books and rare upgrades are as stupid as it can be. Rare 5/5 ships are pretty close to the same category. The last time if I remember you all defended this?  I wonder what changed your mind.

Starting from gear, continuing to combat mechanisms, the good old PvP balance that NA had is gone.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, William Wade said:

Pretty much, game has been dominated by a few and their alts for a couple years, rest of the population are just easy marks to bully and make fun of in game or in chat so they leave.  

I played a lot of pirates of the burning sea(i've put over a thousand hours into na too).  i was part of one of the best clans in that game, they being; les elites/fe, imortalis, imperial shipyards, adventuras, pirates of the dark water, dsl/devourer.  No doubt i'm forgetting a few it's been a long time.  I was in ISY, when leaderboards were introduced i was top of the leaderboards until i stopped playing(mainly because i played 90% on my naval officer, there were several players who spread their time between 2 or 3 toons who were ahead of me in reality).

I don't put this out there to chest thump or blow my own trumpet, i want you to know where i am coming from.  We earned so much money from pvping loss meant nothing to us.  On the forums we would argue for pvp rewards and make the game better for pvpers, pvp is what makes this game great encourage more pvp... well they did.  We got even richer loss meant even less.  

Loss still meant something to the people who weren't "elite" pvpers though, so they wouldn't fight us when we came out in heavy ships(in potbs it was 6 player max in an open world battle so a group of 6 could not get mega ganked), we dropped down to light ships and still beat them.  So guess what?  They stopped trying to pvp got bored of the pve and left the game.  Then we the "elite" had to wait around for hours a lot of times to get a fight with other "elite".  Why do i keep putting elite in " "?  We just played more so we were better, we aren't special and we may well have killed that game.

History is repeating itself here, i will have so much money in this game within a month losing ships will mean nothing to me.... but for the more casual players loss still hurts.

Look to eve i would say.  Eve has safe space(ish hulkaggedon is pretty cool) eve doesnt really reward pvp.  Eve makes the rewards for playing outside safe space much much greater, and you have to ally and defend your space in 0.0 from other alliances.  That can work in this game too.

Edited by beagleplease
  • Like 2

I found ship which will be OP :D

Posted by gamelabs on Apr 2nd, 2014

Based on the feedback we were getting we have finally figured out what sailing ship players really wanted in game. On the 1st of April the special build was provided for focus testing.

Ship characteristics:

First - excellent sailing performance in any weather conditions (even against the wind)
Second - large caliber guns that can shoot without moving the hull and with minimal aiming
Third - thick armor allowing to sustain heaviest cannonball fire

This ship was provided for testing today and showed excellent results against most vessels (even first rates).

Here are the screenshots of the ship in action:

image.png.93f678df2763525b9146df98564a0a29.png

image.png.883a00feeca13e959d59de23b1340abb.png

image.png.c59c4e1463c378a10fdad0332212f183.png

Edited by qw569
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Today NA is a PvE game where you can do PvP. Years ago it was a PvP game.

It is PvE because in PvE games you have gear progress. In PvP game emphasis is in balance.

Starting from gear, continuing to combat mechanisms, the good old PvP balance that NA had is gone.

+1000!

Iam not really playing anymore, but from reading this i had a idea which is maybe bad.

Make PVE/PVP Zones and connect it to Ports/Regions meaning the whole map is PVE when a Region becomes a Tradehub and earns so and so much money it becomes a PVP Area (its maybe even realistic because Trade would attract People who want to steal it) exclude the Capital Port from it to protect Noobs. So in the PVP Area is the wealth and if you want to make money you need to decide if you go there or make less and stay out. And to make People willing to go there the loosing side should also get a Reward because else the Winner gets stronger and stronger while the loosing side stays at zero. Also it brings Movement so its not always the same area that gets camped.

Like i said was just a fast idea i bet i forgot a lot which can influence the result.