Game-Labs Forum

Mukremin's CSA Legendary Campaign

Mukremin

Great battles, but they show the most frustrating part of Ultimate General - unrealistic traps in edge and corners of the maps. I hate it and try not to use it because it destroys the reality of command and falsifies the final result in terms of losses. In my opinion, the maps should be much larger and enemy units should escape from the battlefield when they reach the edge. It's really annoying when I see a three-star opponent's brigade swirling in panic just because the map is over. Of course, this makes it difficult to fight at the legendary level. I got stuck on Antientam, 55,000 are not enough for 125,000 opponents :)

• Like 1

Wiping out the enemy is key in Legendary, IMO. If you don't their army will grow in size as will their experience and armament. Every time you fight a battle and some part of the enemy survives the engagement, they gain in experience and I do believe even the folks that shatter return to their recruit pool and bring their experience with them.

I have played and won the Battle of Manassas Depot. Since Cedar Mountain I have not touched my army except to buy my reputation points. At present, I believe, my army has 13,000+ men and around 19,000 recruits. I have set-up my army twice now for 2nd Manassas but haven't played it yet and I plan to redo it yet again. I have been able to get pretty much every single recruit into my army but have not done so to my satisfaction. Hopefully soon I will have them prepared for battle and given my style, if they offer me the opportunity I will try to crush at least some portion of the Yankee army.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Gareth said:

Great battles, but they show the most frustrating part of Ultimate General - unrealistic traps in edge and corners of the maps. I hate it and try not to use it because it destroys the reality of command and falsifies the final result in terms of losses. In my opinion, the maps should be much larger and enemy units should escape from the battlefield when they reach the edge. It's really annoying when I see a three-star opponent's brigade swirling in panic just because the map is over. Of course, this makes it difficult to fight at the legendary level. I got stuck on Antientam, 55,000 are not enough for 125,000 opponents :)

that is the way it has to go on Legendary, like Lava said if you don't do it you will not be able to complete the campaign. After each battle the Union army will grow and grow while yours maybe will shrink.

10 hours ago, Mukremin said:

that is the way it has to go on Legendary, like Lava said if you don't do it you will not be able to complete the campaign. After each battle the Union army will grow and grow while yours maybe will shrink.

But this causes that this is more an arcade than a strategic game. For exemple, under Siloh, the whole tactic is to force the troops to run to the corner of the screen before the opponent appears. And then killing his troops without any realism. And yet, with the entire map, the enemy has fortifications and other troops a few hundred meters away. In my opinion, here is a lot of room for the developer. A larger map, all visible from the beginning and making the decision of the opponent real, if panic it escapes and does not rotating without any sense.

Edited by Lord Gareth

16 minutes ago, Lord Gareth said:

But this causes that this is more an arcade than a strategic game. For exemple, under Siloh, the whole tactic is to force the troops to run to the corner of the screen before the opponent appears. And then killing his troops without any realism. And yet, with the entire map, the enemy has fortifications and other troops a few hundred meters away. In my opinion, here is a lot of room for the developer. A larger map, all visible from the beginning and making the decision of the opponent real, if panic it escapes and does not rotating without any sense.

This should be posted elsewhere for the Developers to see.

The guy is just playing the game and doing well too.

• Like 1

I lost my first try at Antietam, Union had close to 100.000 men against my 50.000. I lost all the objectives, they charged and charged and charged. Union lost 50.000 men and i lost 40.000. Shocking! my first defeat at Antietam :( game over. I am going to try again, if it fails i might have to load my other save.

I have decided to move on with my other save game after Antietam, this was the outcome of the battle:
r3zYC8y.jpg

Now i face the Union at Corinth. Surprisingly my army of my first and second Legendary CSA campaign is almost identical, in organization, brigades, amount of artillery. Even the spent reputation points are almost the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAVA said:

Great battle!

Almost 4 to 1 K/D ratio.

I fought the battle of Fredericksburg now, my army has been reduced. I had to fight 100.000+ Union troops against my 50.000

I now have to fight the hard battle of Everettsville and then Stones River.... I am not sure what to do. I have plenty of cash, but manpower is the main issue i face right now. At Stones River i will have to face between 80.000-90000 Union troops while i can muster around 50.000. I don't know how Everettsville will go. I only get like 4200 recruits, so i have to suffer less than that. I could spent my points on 3500 recruits. So that would give me 7500-8000 recruits minus the losses i will take at Everettsville.

What would you do mate?

Here is Fredericksburg!! A massacre! I added voice commentary both in English and Turkish for the first time in my video's. I have a mixture of followers hence both languages :)

I really hit the Union in the first part of the "defend the town"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LAVA said:

You should be fine.

Looking forward to Stones River.

not sure about that, i have watched all different tactics on Stones River. Not that many that count on Legendary mode, i think i will go for the speed tactic used by Col Kelly.

1 hour ago, Mukremin said:

not sure about that, i have watched all different tactics on Stones River. Not that many that count on Legendary mode, i think i will go for the speed tactic used by Col Kelly.

Well should you need any advice 😎 😉

Best of luck

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mukremin said:

Col Kelly's strategy of cutting the Union line at it's center is certainly superb. What you do afterwards is what is important.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 5:01 PM, LAVA said:

Col Kelly's strategy of cutting the Union line at it's center is certainly superb. What you do afterwards is what is important.

alright, i tried several approached but i failed to get a low casualty win.

I just tried swinging 5 brigades to the left to encircle. The cavalry used hit and run tactics all the way so i could not form a battle line. I lost lots of troops, and even got units routed and one veteran unit got destroyed by the cavalry :D I am out of options man. Really can't seem to find a way to win it the way i want.